Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 682 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 46  Next
Which game would you attend this week?
Poll ended at July 27th, 2014, 8:09 pm
Image Half-Life 2: Deathmatch 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Image Half-Life 2: Deathmatch 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Image Counter-Strike: Global Offensive 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Image Counter-Strike: Global Offensive 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Image Team Fortress 2 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
Image Team Fortress 2 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
Image Left 4 Dead 2 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Image Left 4 Dead 2 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes: 2
 Post subject: Re: PC Gaming (VOTE - 2/21/11) [Run By: Pfkninenines]
PostPosted: February 14th, 2011, 8:58 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Bryan Tran
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: W22 Farming
Game's not over yet, but BEST NIGHT EVER.
The Best Friend Basement match was totally the best, especially when I shot that barrel flying toward me and especially when Shane didn't have a clue what was going on.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: February 14th, 2011, 8:58 pm 
Runite Member

PostPosted: February 14th, 2011, 10:19 pm 
Chat Moderator

RS Name: Firemana
Clan Name: Problem Solvers
Was fun though I only got to play one map.

At the end there was only me and a player named 'CaptainIndustry' who said he wasn't from bnb. I think he was using an auto-targetter and possible something else which shot through terrain. In the study room he was killing me with the magnum when he was nowhere in sight. In castlesanctuary he was using the jump accelerators and he shot me with the magnum right after he landed (or as he was landing). I had just come around a corner so there's no way he could've targetted me that fast. He also shot me with the magnum when I was upstairs in an enclosed hallway and he was out on the jump accelerators.

Not complaining, but thought you might want to look into it.

88th Dragon Member : Informer Writer : Content Crew : Chat Moderator ::
"If it ain't broke, dun fix it."

PostPosted: February 14th, 2011, 10:39 pm 

RS Name: King Kulla
RS Status: F2P
asovse1 wrote:
The Best Friend Basement match was totally the best, especially when I shot that barrel flying toward me and especially when Shane didn't have a clue what was going on.

That was pretty funny XD

<3 Best Friend Basement forever

I noticed that CaptainIndustry guy just before I left...but by that point there weren't any admins left on the server to kick him. Sorry he was a bit of a problem for you Jason.

PostPosted: February 15th, 2011, 12:09 am 
Runite Member

RS Name: Parselmouth
Clan Name: DGS
King Kulla wrote:
asovse1 wrote:

That was pretty funny XD

You guys were having too much fun down there :D . Every time I dropped down I would see you both laughing your asses off.

RSN: Parselmouth | Jaysawn on ********

PostPosted: February 15th, 2011, 2:01 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Duke Juker
Clan Name: Clan Quest
So mad I got in late. I had to reformat and reinstall Windows this weekend and nearly forgot about the event. Quick HL2:DM download and I was good to go.

82nd Dragon Member since 05/12/2010
RSBandB Member #517
Current Activities: Ports, Dailies/Monthlies, DXP
Skill Masteries: Firemaking, Cooking, Woodcutting, Fletching, Mining, Agility, Prayer, Smithing, Fishing, Summoning, Construction, Herblore, Hunter, Thieving, Crafting, Divination, Dungeoneering, Farming, Runecrafting, Slayer, Magic, Ranged, Defence, Constitution, Attack, Strength, Invention & 1st Max (3/9/19), Archaeology & 2nd Max (4/16/21), 200m Firemaking, Necromancy

PostPosted: February 15th, 2011, 2:36 am 

RS Name: King Kulla
RS Status: F2P
nikeballa435 wrote:
King Kulla wrote:
asovse1 wrote:

That was pretty funny XD

You guys were having too much fun down there :D . Every time I dropped down I would see you both laughing your asses off.

It was pretty hilarious. I love that map just because of the helicopter blade basement. I remember a few months ago collecting the saw blades and making a mural on one of the sides of the wall.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: February 15th, 2011, 2:36 am 

PostPosted: February 17th, 2011, 4:27 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Nightgunner5
Clan Name: Bits and Bytes
I was going to suggest Alien Swarm, but looking at the requirements, I can see that it's not possible.

Shane wrote:
Just be sure to let me know if they're male or female, sometimes it can be hard to tell :P

PostPosted: February 17th, 2011, 5:24 pm 
Chat Moderator

RS Name: Firemana
Clan Name: Problem Solvers
Alien Swarm would be fun, but I believe it's much more graphics intensive so less people would be able to play. It's also limited to five man games(or was it four?). The weapon versatility in AS is better though(I'd love a flame thrower in Half-Life 8) ).

88th Dragon Member : Informer Writer : Content Crew : Chat Moderator ::
"If it ain't broke, dun fix it."

PostPosted: February 18th, 2011, 1:23 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Tim2
RS Status: Retired
Jasonmrc wrote:
Alien Swarm would be fun, but I believe it's much more graphics intensive so less people would be able to play. It's also limited to five man games(or was it four?). The weapon versatility in AS is better though(I'd love a flame thrower in Half-Life 8) ).

It's a 4 person game but I believe you can get up to 8 people in a game.

I remember Paul talking about bringing in a new game so if you guys are all willing to spend $60 then Black Ops would be fun. Monday Night Combat is also a good substitute to TF2 and could get some more people, it's a very fun twist and if some people want to try it out, I have a couple of free passes. I was also thinking of buying GTA4, which has Multiplayer, so we could maybe do that as well.

/ August '15 (Fishing) \

/ Skiller of the Year Wins - 2009 | 2015 \
/ Informer Runescape Writer from 01/27/09 to 9/27/12 | 80th Dragon Member | RSBandB donator \
/Global Moderator April 1st, 2015 - April 1st, 2015\
/ 842 to 99 Dungeoneering & First RSBandBer to 99 Dungeoneering \

PostPosted: February 18th, 2011, 1:36 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: B66f
Clan Name: bitsbytes
Is there any chance of these ever being ran at a convenient time for those from the UK? I've always wanted to come, bit it's always been while I'm asleep :)

I'll keep checking back, though. I have all the games you play except CS:S, but I'd get that if we had a suitable event for it :)

PostPosted: February 21st, 2011, 3:49 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Deborahone
Clan Name: Elven Alliance
Pfkninenines wrote:
So once again, we're looking for a new game! Golden Eye Source is out for now due to having incompatibilities with the server it would be running on. Any other takers?

Just a personal note - Source based games are nice due to their price (tends to be low) and general playability across a variety of hardware. Their moderation plugins tend to be more mature than other games as well.

I wouldn't mind seeing Half Life 2: Capture The Flag as an option.

Other games that should theoretically be easy to impliment can be found via Steam

[linky]

This isn't all of the games available, just those that require HL2 and are listed on Steam. These games would require a maximum of $10 to be spent buying a HL2 based game. For other games not included on Steam, but could still work without much fuss, check Moddb.

HL2:CTF looks fun, those of us who haven't bought a source game would need to but we should anyway, that would open up more possibilities.

Is it possible to giveaway games that include source like you did the Humble Indie Bundles?

SOTW Judge (Sep 14, 2005 1:38 pm - Feb 06, 2009 8:58 pm)
Spoiler for Everything else:

A Kid asked Jesus, "How much do you love me?" and Jesus said. "This much."
And spread his arms out on the cross and died.
If you believe that he did this for you put this in your signature.

PostPosted: February 21st, 2011, 7:58 pm 

RS Name: Silverwiz9
Clan Name: RsbandbStaff
jrdgames wrote:
Is it possible to giveaway games that include source like you did the Humble Indie Bundles?

Possible - Yes

Do I have the money for that right now? - No.

So if someone donated codes for Source games I could help distribute them as needed, or if I got some money around the time that sales were happening (better deals this way, otherwise cheapest is I think $10/game) I could stock up on codes.

Post subject: Re: PC Gaming (VOTE - 2/28/11) [Run By: Pfkninenines]
PostPosted: February 22nd, 2011, 1:49 pm 

RS Name: Silverwiz9
Clan Name: RsbandbStaff
Regarding the previous post, if you DO NOT have a Source based game that gives you the SDK needed for mods, buck up and spend $2 to get Half-Life 2: Episode 2 for $2 before Thursday.

--

Random edit

So I was looking up Alien Swarm and what would be required to have more players, and 8 seems the max. Even then it's buggy as hell and isn't recommended.

I'd like a Minecraft type event, or at least wouldn't mind.. But Shane and Mike would have to get a copy of the game. I could even host the server on my crappy at my house, but I'm thinking we'd need more than that to support a few players.

That puts us back toward a mod or other game which one has to be determined. I'm leaning toward a mod just due to the prices and how those tend to vastly relegate how the events are attended.

For more info check my post when we were deciding other games in 2009 here.

Pfkninenines wrote:
If you showed up to this weeks' event, you will have heard myself and others discussing potential additions to the offerings we can have weekly. I've observed that people tend to enjoy the Half Life 2: Deathmatch games more and more, and whenever something like Team Fortress 2 gets voted for game of the week, people don't show up. This can come down to many reasons, though I tend to believe it is based on price. With the minimum amount of money to run HL2:DM (zero), and something like Team Fortress 2 or Counter-Strike: Source ($20 bought alone), it seems the cheaper, the better.

As such, we have been trying to decide what options would be as cheap as possible, while still offering a variety of great gameplay. As it currently stands, the options we are looking at for alternatives to the preexisting offered games meet all of our criteria, though they do require a minor commitment in the cost department. All modifications (mods) that people have made for the Half Life 2 engine require you to own any Half Life 2 game. Granted, Valve gives away HL2:DM and Lost Coast for free to most people, if your graphics card applies (Nvidia and ATI, which are the two most popular dedicated graphics card suppliers), but the free games do not count. You are required to purchase any HL2 based game in order to qualify to use the HL2 based mods.

Given these requirements, at maximum people would have to pay $10 on Steam in order to qualify for the ability to have the Source Engine SDK used for the mods. If you already own a purchased copy of The Orange Box, Half Life 2: Deathmatch, Day of Defeat, Counter-Strike: Source, Half Life 2 / episodes, or similar game, you won't need to buy anything to use any of the mods mentioned.

The games we have decided to look at include, but are not necessarily limited to;

Half Life 2: Capture The Flag - http://www.hl2ctf.com/
Similar to Half Life 2: Deathmatch, though based around the gametype of capture the flag. A few new weapons are added, as well as new maps.
FAQ / info from ModDB

GoldenEye Source - http://www.goldeneyesource.net/
If you've played GoldenEye 007 for the Nintendo 64, you'll find this quite familiar. Uses the Source engine, so it's not nearly as blocky.
FAQ / info from ModDB

Insurgency - Modern Infantry Combat - http://www.insmod.org/
A mix between Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, and Day of Defeat Source, a modern combat style First Person Shooter.
FAQ / info from ModDB

D.I.P.R.I.P. Warm Up - http://www.diprip.com/news.php5
A total rework of the First Person Shooter theme of the Half Life 2 game, you're a vehicle and so is everyone else. Drive around, blow people up. Can't get much simpler than that.
FAQ / info from ModDB

Please post opinions in the comments below. We'd like to have a final decision on one mod by the end of the weekend in order to have it up and running for next weeks' event.

Note - Though other games could be considered if you have others to suggest, be sure we would be able to host the servers locally, and that the price is low. Free, if at all possible.

Post subject: Re: PC Gaming (VOTE - 2/28/11) [Run By: Pfkninenines]
PostPosted: February 23rd, 2011, 10:42 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Bryan Tran
Clan Name: W22 Farming
Thanks for the heads-up on the deal! I just got the game, and I'm FINALLY sourced-ded-ded-ded!

Post subject: Re: PC Gaming (VOTE - 3/7/11) [Run By: Pfkninenines]
PostPosted: March 1st, 2011, 5:55 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Tim2
RS Status: Retired
http://www.ea.com/crysis-2/1/demo Crysis 2 Multiplayer Demo just came out and I believe we could party up and take some people out. Not fully sure as I'm getting set up for it but it could be fun. Controls seem easy enough. :P

/ August '15 (Fishing) \

/ Skiller of the Year Wins - 2009 | 2015 \
/ Informer Runescape Writer from 01/27/09 to 9/27/12 | 80th Dragon Member | RSBandB donator \
/Global Moderator April 1st, 2015 - April 1st, 2015\
/ 842 to 99 Dungeoneering & First RSBandBer to 99 Dungeoneering \