Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: What are the most important games in your life?
PostPosted: August 8th, 2012, 1:19 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Killjoy4eva
RS Status: Old School (2007)
I got this idea from a recent ElderGeek video that he made for his son.

I think this is a wonderful idea, so I wanted to know... What are the most important games in your life. What are the games the evoke the most emotion, and bring back the most memories?

(Also ElderGeek is a wonderful YouTube channel and site. If you haven't already, check them out. They are not nearly as popular as they should be.)

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: August 8th, 2012, 1:19 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

Post subject: Re: What are the most important games in your life?
PostPosted: August 8th, 2012, 4:03 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Duke Juker
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: Clan Quest
It's an interesting idea, albeit one I don't put much credit in. I don't believe games have that much of an impact on your life other than wasting time you could otherwise be using to do something else productive or improving. I can't think of a game that really had an impact on my life in that regard, though I can remember many games that I thoroughly enjoyed when I was younger and I yearn to play again. Sure, there may also be some memories from my childhood in their, but video games did not play a pivotal role in the type of individual I became.

82nd Dragon Member since 05/12/2010
RSBandB Member #517
Current Activities: Ports, Dailies/Monthlies, DXP
Skill Masteries: Firemaking, Cooking, Woodcutting, Fletching, Mining, Agility, Prayer, Smithing, Fishing, Summoning, Construction, Herblore, Hunter, Thieving, Crafting, Divination, Dungeoneering, Farming, Runecrafting, Slayer, Magic, Ranged, Defence, Constitution, Attack, Strength, Invention & 1st Max (3/9/19), Archaeology & 2nd Max (4/16/21), 200m Firemaking, Necromancy

PostPosted: August 8th, 2012, 7:36 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Punisher1288
Clan Name: The Cookie Armada
NHL 12 online by far! My roommate and myself share a live account and were briefly ranked worldwide before we had to move back for summer. If anyone plays i'll gladly decimate your defense in a match, add me.

*Member #514*
*Rsbandb Donor*

PostPosted: August 10th, 2012, 7:50 am 
Runite Member

RS Name: blethorskite
Clan Name: Fealty Stars
Scrabble...

ImageImage

PostPosted: August 10th, 2012, 9:17 am 
Chat Moderator

RS Name: Arrkain
Clan Name: Overloaded XP
There are definitely lots of games that hold an important role in my life. Out of all of them, RuneScape has to be the most important obviously. I've been playing for nearly 8 years and I've met some life long friends by doing so (here at BnB and outside). If I'm your friend on FB you're one of those people. Funny story. I was chopping mages back in 2008 and everyone was saying where they were from. I said Illinois as did some other guy there. He asked where, and I figured he was from Chicago so he wouldn't have heard of my little town in southern IL. I told him and it turns out he lived 20 min from me. We met at a Denny's a few months later and we've been best friends IRL ever since. He actually plays bass in the band I founded a couple years ago. That's risky business though guys. Don't go meeting people you meet online unless you really trust them or can get out if things get sticky. But yeah. I can say RuneScape has definitely had a HUGE impact on my life.

As for other games that bring back incredible memories:

The Pokemon Series
Harvest Moon Series
Animal Crossing (all of the above contributed to my addiction to RS)
The Mass Effect Series (favorite non MMO series of all time)
Modern Warfare 2
Gears of War 2
Halo 3
Borderlands
Darksiders

| Combat - 138 | Total - 2695+ | Overall XP - 612m+ |
| RuneWire | My Twitter | My YouTube | My Twitch |
~17,365th to Max
51515 -> 22216
Image Image

PostPosted: August 11th, 2012, 3:18 am 
Runite Member

RS Name: Bonsai99
RS Status: Retired
Runescape is probably the single most important game since in my life since I have been playing it for around 8 years now and it really got me started into computers and videogames.

Other awesome and important games in my life would be:
Pokemon Series
Halo 2 and 3 (not so much 1)
Call of Duty (Modern Warfare and Modern Warfare 2)

Last edited by Bonsai99 on August 21st, 2012, 4:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: August 11th, 2012, 3:18 am 
Runite Member

PostPosted: August 11th, 2012, 7:08 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Sky Jace
Fire Emblem 7 for GBA. I absolutely loved that game and remembered getting completely sucked into the story and staying up until late hours of the night trying to finish it. I normally don't like RTS games, but that one just did it for me. Also I guess I have to give Runescape a nod. First ever MMORPG and it got me into them ever since.

Dragon Member #90

PostPosted: August 16th, 2012, 1:27 am 
Bronze Member

RS Status: F2P
Ragnarok Online ,I have played it for 8 years . Unfortunately it stopped last year.Heroes of Order & Chaos is scheduled to be released on October 11, 2012, for both iOS and Android devices.

Last edited by freedom on August 20th, 2012, 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: August 17th, 2012, 5:05 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Kangas Khan
Clan Name: MaSoRs
Sonic the Hedgehog Series - First games I ever played. Inspired me enough to look into becoming a games developer later on. Turns out I didn't like actually making games as much as I did playing them. Didn't venture any further with that :P
Doom 1/2 - Ah, the number of times I snuck into my Dad's office and stole his Doom floppy discs.
RuneScape - As much as I hate admitting it, without RuneScape i'd have never gotten into the online multiplayer games at all. Sure, I could play Halo online, but that didn't really compare to the soul-sucking, addictive time-sink that an MMO can provide.
WoW - Possibly the most natural progression was between RuneScape and WoW. Though I don't particularly play either much any more, WoW got me thinking much deeper about game mechanics and how story is very important to keep a player playing the game.
Pokemon - No other game in the history of the world ever has taken so much of my free time, I've racked up well over 4000 hours (I just checked my game saves XD) across the series and I still play it :o

There are more, probably, but I can't think of them right now :P

PostPosted: August 17th, 2012, 12:00 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Estor
RS Status: Retired
Bonsai99 wrote:
Runescape is probably the single most important game since in my life since I have been playing it for around 8 years now and it really got me started into computers and videogames.

Other awesome and important games in my life would be:
Pokemon Series
Halo 2 and 3 (not so much 1)
Call of Duty (Modern Warfare and Modern Warfare 2)

Same here w/ RS. As for PC I've gotten a lot into TF2 (as you can probably tell) unfortunately I've pretty much quit everything else CF, Arcanists, HP
As for console just about anything Halo/CoD related, not much more.

ImageImage

PostPosted: August 21st, 2012, 4:32 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Jade Gizmo
Clan Name: Pawscape
Runescape aside.. (by far the biggest impact on my life)

Like most children, the Pokemon affected my life aswell. Me and my ex stepbrother spend an entire summer, night and day, playing Silver and Crystal together.
We became so addicted, that we were forced outside, We'd just played under a tree. Our parents even took away our gameboys at one time, It became that BAD.
We even heard the pokemon music playing in our heads when we didn't even have access to the games.
We had trading cables so we could *help* each other out. Sure.. trade me your Haunter, with this Gengar you'll own. (I got Machamp out of the deal)

Halo 1. Can also relate this with my brother, probably the game we played most together. We beat the game so many times on all difficulty settings that we would replay the same 2 levels on legendary just for one. The last level, at the end of the game where you travel by jeep through the obstetrical's to get to the final checkpoint to escape.
We'd each take our own and without trying hard. Crash and die. Spend hours just doing it over and over and laughing.
Same with level 7 I believe, where you become trapped with 5 or so sword guys, we would not use our guns and attack them, We'd just get them to start chasing us.. and see which one of us could survive the longest.

We were such dorks. My gawd.

Other then that.. the only other game that really makes me feel nostalgic would be Sonic Adventure 1.
Raising the little Chao. But did it really make any significant impact in my life, not sure about that. But is a great game.

No other game has really affected my real life outside of gaming and no more probably ever will, as I am no longer and gamer and I don't really play any anymore.

Besides RS & Pokemon, the Star Wars franchise would come in 3rd overall for most time consuming, life draining out of me.