Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
 Post subject: Halp!
PostPosted: March 21st, 2010, 7:51 am 
Dragon Member

RS Name: ggggbabybaby
RS Status: Classic
Clan Name: N/A
Wow, the runescape section of the site. It's been a while.
Soo I've decided to start RS again but I've got a problem. The last time I logged in the graphics were terrible, the grand exchange didn't exist, and you weren't able to catch or summon anything - it's been about 3 years. Better yet I pretty much gave away anything I had that was of any value when I quit.
I'm stuck. I've no idea what to do, where to go or how to do it. I have membership and here's a picture of my stats and everything i've got lying around:
http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/6364/hmunkstatsbank.png

Essentially I need to know what I've missed, where the training "hotspots" are nowadays (I'll probably start with woodcutting, fletching and combat), the best way to make gp, all relative to my stats and current wealth.
I don't even remember how to get a pickaxe, woodcutting axe, lobster pot and the like. :<

Please help!

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: March 21st, 2010, 7:51 am 
Dragon Member

Post subject: Re: Halp!
PostPosted: March 21st, 2010, 8:35 am 
Dragon Member

Its unbelievable but I remember you on runescape :o .

There are a couple of things you can do to start off. Try to gather some coins to buy toadflax seed and farm some herbs. Good profit. You'll need some super compost of course, but since the grand exchange is around, you can buy it in just 5 seconds.

For woodcutting you have ivy. It doesn't make you any money (apart from bird nests that fall once in a while) but it gives you the best woodcutting experience points.

You can also start slaying. I make most of my money from it.
Don't bother with summoning just yet. Wait until you get a few charms (gold, green, crimson or blue).

Runecrafting also gives you big profit. Give it a go.

PostPosted: March 21st, 2010, 8:37 am 
Runite Member

RS Name: Bryan Tran
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: W22 Farming
Woodcutting hotspots--Ivy.
Everyone's doing it to 99 nowadays and you have the level to start it off. You can find it on city walls and start chopping away. :D But first, you'll need a hatchet. You can get a hatchet or pickaxe from the Grand Exchange, knowing how people will be buying and selling it many times there. You should start off with a rune hatchet too. ;) And my favorite part to chop Ivy was on w132 at the South Falador Wall, easiest to get there with a Cabbage Port ring and running North. Note that to get the ring, you'll need to do the Lumbridge/Draynor achievement diary, and keeping that ring is an essential.

I guess it could also help you to explore Lumbridge. It has been updated so many times that now it has found so much use. There's a fishing shop there for your lobster pot. There's also a question mark on the upper left of your screen, it opens up the advisor, so whatever you may be doing, it gives you somewhat fair advice. (For the non-members things you may be doing, but he can help you get started on the new things and provide you with free samples and directions to shops/services, etc.)

Sorry for the organization on this post, but I boldfaced the things that were important. :D :D :D :D

PostPosted: March 21st, 2010, 9:50 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Tim2
RS Status: Retired
Clan Name: Bits and Bytes
asovse1 wrote:
Woodcutting hotspots--Ivy.
Everyone's doing it to 99 nowadays and you have the level to start it off. You can find it on city walls and start chopping away. :D But first, you'll need a hatchet. You can get a hatchet or pickaxe from the Grand Exchange, knowing how people will be buying and selling it many times there. You should start off with a rune hatchet too. ;) And my favorite part to chop Ivy was on w132 at the South Falador Wall, easiest to get there with a Cabbage Port ring and running North. Note that to get the ring, you'll need to do the Lumbridge/Draynor achievement diary, and keeping that ring is an essential.

I guess it could also help you to explore Lumbridge. It has been updated so many times that now it has found so much use. There's a fishing shop there for your lobster pot. There's also a question mark on the upper left of your screen, it opens up the advisor, so whatever you may be doing, it gives you somewhat fair advice. (For the non-members things you may be doing, but he can help you get started on the new things and provide you with free samples and directions to shops/services, etc.)

Sorry for the organization on this post, but I boldfaced the things that were important. :D :D :D :D

But that's not really making money. You could sell some of your seeds to make some money. YOu have all you need for Blue Dragons so as long as you don't get attacked by the Baby Blue Dragons and the Blue Dragons as well. Catch and cook some lobster then go and kill x Blue Dragons until your inventory is full, then go and teleport out and go over again. Another option for money could be Green Dragons in the Chaos Tunnel. From what I hear, those are really good money and it's not far away from a bank, or the ge even.

/ August '15 (Fishing) \

/ Skiller of the Year Wins - 2009 | 2015 \
/ Informer Runescape Writer from 01/27/09 to 9/27/12 | 80th Dragon Member | RSBandB donator \
/Global Moderator April 1st, 2015 - April 1st, 2015\
/ 842 to 99 Dungeoneering & First RSBandBer to 99 Dungeoneering \

PostPosted: March 21st, 2010, 10:42 am 
BANNED

RS Name: Gotham
Hitpoints was changed to Constitution and everybody is raging about it
Shattered Heart D&D gives you free minor xp in skills as you collect the stones. Complete statue in your POH takes 30 weeks and does nothing, everybody is raging about it
Some old weapon graphics were updated if you hadn't noticed, and everybody was raging about it
Bonus xp weekend was introduced, there is a chance that it will happen again. Everybody raged about it
Merchanting clans manipulate the GE, everybody is raging about it
Most combat items almost doubled in price. Poor people raged about it

Go kill green dragons. People rage when they can't get kills

PostPosted: March 21st, 2010, 12:47 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: AlitzeR
Clan Name: Catherby 9
I would get your woodcutting up at the ivy (Listed above). Then go cut magics or yews.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: March 21st, 2010, 12:47 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

PostPosted: March 21st, 2010, 12:51 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: ggggbabybaby
Clan Name: N/A
Mli, what would I need to equip to kill the blue dragons? All I have is some rune legs and a red dragonhide top thingy.
Thanks for all the replies though, I'll get started on some ivy and read through some recent guides or something.

PostPosted: March 21st, 2010, 1:23 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Duke Juker
Clan Name: Clan Quest
The best thing to know is that the Grand Exchange makes it easier to acquire almost any item. The prices may vary, but you can get whatever you need from the Grand Exchange now. There are not 300 qps, quite a few more skills, and changes to old ones. Like some people said already, start by making some money and you should be able to do whatever you want once you have a little bit of money going. :P

82nd Dragon Member since 05/12/2010
RSBandB Member #517
Current Activities: Ports, Dailies/Monthlies, DXP
Skill Masteries: Firemaking, Cooking, Woodcutting, Fletching, Mining, Agility, Prayer, Smithing, Fishing, Summoning, Construction, Herblore, Hunter, Thieving, Crafting, Divination, Dungeoneering, Farming, Runecrafting, Slayer, Magic, Ranged, Defence, Constitution, Attack, Strength, Invention & 1st Max (3/9/19), Archaeology & 2nd Max (4/16/21), 200m Firemaking, Necromancy

PostPosted: March 21st, 2010, 5:36 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: itally4life
Hairy Munky wrote:
Mli, what would I need to equip to kill the blue dragons? All I have is some rune legs and a red dragonhide top thingy.
Thanks for all the replies though, I'll get started on some ivy and read through some recent guides or something.

99% of runescape money making skills are somewhere in a guide on google, for any monster or any skill just search it and you will find it. good luck making cash :P

Feel free to add me if any questions are needed :D

Cooper wrote:
mining? all people do is powermine anyway, no money in it. with the exception of italy4lyfe (italy4nolifemining)

PostPosted: March 21st, 2010, 6:09 pm 
Community Ambassador

RS Name: Shwa
Clan Name: Rsbandb
It would be helpful to build up some capital first. Try your resource skills (i.e. mining, woodcutting, runecrafting) to build some wealth so you can buy some equipment.

Content Crew Member as of: Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:20 am
Resigned Content Crew as of: Fall 2012

Events Crew Member as of: Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:56 pm
Resigned Events Crew as of: Fall 2012

Community Ambassador as of: Sunday August 31st, 2014 12:30 am

PostPosted: March 22nd, 2010, 4:20 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Tim2
RS Status: Retired
Clan Name: Bits and Bytes
Hairy Munky wrote:

Crossbow, Antidragon shield and dragonhide armour really. You can go with a bow but make sure you don't get hit. 70 Agility would be useful for the Agility shortcut but running around is just fine. Ava's Accumuletor (or however you spell either of them) will save the arrows. Picking flax in Seers' Village will make you a lot of money to buy what you need for either blue or green dragons. Hope that helps a little more.

/ August '15 (Fishing) \

/ Skiller of the Year Wins - 2009 | 2015 \
/ Informer Runescape Writer from 01/27/09 to 9/27/12 | 80th Dragon Member | RSBandB donator \
/Global Moderator April 1st, 2015 - April 1st, 2015\
/ 842 to 99 Dungeoneering & First RSBandBer to 99 Dungeoneering \

PostPosted: March 23rd, 2010, 2:56 am 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Owen1892
You could sell that dragon scimitar and whip you own and use that money to buy other things that could make more money. Buying some herb seeds and farm those will bring you a decent profit, then you could get 70 range and use black dragon hide armour. You should then make pretty good profit at the dragons as well as the herb profits coming in every hour.

PostPosted: March 23rd, 2010, 5:36 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Pennstate315
I mean you could always go chop yews, even though that isn't the fastest money or woodcutting xp. :D

Black Member 2-6-10

PostPosted: March 25th, 2010, 8:50 pm 
BANNED

RS Name: Badass San
Clan Name: Ex-Rune Raiders
kill green dragons to build up your bank, then proceed to spend money on increasing your levels.