Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Truth
PostPosted: January 16th, 2010, 4:23 am 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Limpin
RS Status: P2P
Been a while since I've done a real sig, so here you guys go. :D I'm really happy with the way it turned out. :D

Quote:
v1

v2

Stock

It has a dark border, so if you want to see it on a brighter background, go to this link: Link

Rate, C'n'C, etc.

Last edited by Steven on January 16th, 2010, 5:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: January 16th, 2010, 4:23 am 
Dragon Member

Post subject: Re: Truth
PostPosted: January 16th, 2010, 4:32 am 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Kill Kenny97
RS Status: Classic
I really like the watercolour effect, I'd say it works quite well. A few gripes though, the light on his helmet is too bright for me, it is so bright it almost becomes a focal point which isn't right IMO. Another little niggle, is the text. It stand out far too much for me and I don't really understand the reasoning behind the word, unless it's a characters name or something.

PostPosted: January 16th, 2010, 4:36 am 
Dragon Member

Yeah, I'll go tone down the light a bit.

The word is pretty much the only word I could think of to put on there. There's really nothing to put there as far as text... :? I want there to be some kind of text on the sig but at the same time, if it doesn't work, I mightaswell just take it off. I'm currently working on some effects on the text to make it blend into the background more, to look as if it was bulging out of the wall. But if it doesn't work too well then I'll just remove it.

PostPosted: January 16th, 2010, 4:38 am 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Kill Kenny97
RS Status: Classic
Yeah I think the text needs to go. Maybe look at doing some effects, or brushes in the background. The wall thing sounds good.

PostPosted: January 16th, 2010, 5:31 am 
Dragon Member

Added V2. :D

EDIT: Sorreh Matt, I forgot to make the light not so bright. :( I'll do it later when I wake up.

PostPosted: January 16th, 2010, 5:40 am 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Ryno nub
It's not really my style of sig. The left side is still too empty, and the splash effect on the right looks like its just one solid colour with a black shade around the edge. You could perhaps try and fix the splashes by adding some more shading to them, make them more 3-D. I really liked the colour of the text on V1, I just think the positioning and font were the problems with it. Perhaps finding a more suitable font and putting it on the left to fill that void space will work. It's worth a try.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: January 16th, 2010, 5:40 am 
Dragon Member

PostPosted: January 16th, 2010, 5:46 am 
Dragon Member

Ryan wrote:
It's not really my style of sig. The left side is still too empty, and the splash effect on the right looks like its just one solid colour with a black shade around the edge. You could perhaps try and fix the splashes by adding some more shading to them, make them more 3-D. I really liked the colour of the text on V1, I just think the positioning and font were the problems with it. Perhaps finding a more suitable font and putting it on the left to fill that void space will work. It's worth a try.

I'm really not too good with text, so I have no idea where to place it sometimes. I also really liked the color of the text. I don't have any good fonts for this style of signature and I don't know what kind would go well with it at all. If anyone knows of one that will, please post it or PM it to me. :)

I only added a shadow to the 'blood', and if it was any further away it'd look weird. It looks kind-of like someone dropped black dots and red dots on the sig. I'll work on it and possibly post the results.

PostPosted: January 17th, 2010, 10:21 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Tim2
RS Status: Retired
Clan Name: Bits and Bytes
The blood doesn't really look like it matches. To me at least. V1 with no text would look really good. But overall a 4/5. I really like it.

/ August '15 (Fishing) \

/ Skiller of the Year Wins - 2009 | 2015 \
/ Informer Runescape Writer from 01/27/09 to 9/27/12 | 80th Dragon Member | RSBandB donator \
/Global Moderator April 1st, 2015 - April 1st, 2015\
/ 842 to 99 Dungeoneering & First RSBandBer to 99 Dungeoneering \

PostPosted: January 18th, 2010, 3:56 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Kangas Khan
Clan Name: MaSoRs
I'm not sure if you have or not, but if you've used a shadow effect on the blood - BAD. BAD STEVEN.
Try using a dark inner glow and a bright inner shadow to create a smoother 3d effect. It's what I use for liquids or snow and it should make it seem more blood like. Although to be honest, I am a little rusty on sig making.

4/5 l0lz. :)

PostPosted: January 20th, 2010, 12:30 am 
Dragon Member

Anubis wrote:
I'm not sure if you have or not, but if you've used a shadow effect on the blood - BAD. BAD STEVEN.
Try using a dark inner glow and a bright inner shadow to create a smoother 3d effect. It's what I use for liquids or snow and it should make it seem more blood like. Although to be honest, I am a little rusty on sig making.

4/5 l0lz. :)

NUBISSSS. <3

Yeah, I used a shadow on the blood. :oops: Didn't really know what to use for it to look 'realistic'. :?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Forum Index » Off-Topic » Non-RuneScape Discussion » Graphics Central » Truth Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]