Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Sandbox
PostPosted: April 7th, 2011, 7:24 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Fanaticism
RS Status: P2P
Could we bring back the sandbox? Good times were had there.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: April 7th, 2011, 7:24 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

Post subject: Re: Sandbox
PostPosted: April 7th, 2011, 10:00 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Azek
I agree. I cant post fun stuff because it has no point

PostPosted: April 8th, 2011, 1:28 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Killjoy4eva
RS Status: Old School (2007)
REBIRTH OF THE SANDBOX! (And the rsbandb Forums)

PostPosted: April 8th, 2011, 3:14 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

Killjoy4eva wrote:
REBIRTH OF THE SANDBOX! (And the rsbandb Forums)

It seems to be the activity on these forums has gone down since then.

PostPosted: April 8th, 2011, 4:30 pm 
Dragon Member

I agree aswel. We need a place to vent off.

Simple as that.

(Yeah, normally I have alot more to say in my post but, I can't come to say something intelligent. That's pretty rare, huh?)

PostPosted: April 9th, 2011, 10:20 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Biscuit
I've heard of the Sandbox several times and I don't exactly understand how it worked.

Can someone explain to me? :o

Thanks, Jeki

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: April 9th, 2011, 10:20 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

PostPosted: April 10th, 2011, 8:28 am 
Runite Member

RS Status: Classic
lol you guys know shanes not gonna do that =P

really i dont use the forums for much other than helping other people out.. I really dont see why we cant actually move everything to runewire like the april fools joke was joking about. i post on that 826 times with 1125 replies, and forums is a measly 400 some posts. so eh

PostPosted: April 10th, 2011, 4:14 pm 
Site Owner

RS Name: shane12088
Jeki wrote:
I've heard of the Sandbox several times and I don't exactly understand how it worked.

Can someone explain to me? :o

Thanks, Jeki

The sandbox was a forum where anything could be posted. It was originally intended as a place to test your signatures and post formatting abilities, it moved beyond that. It was a random dumping ground for anything anyone would want to post. It was removed because the posts in there turned bad and resulted in lots of feelings being hurt.

Right now you guys are not convincing me that it should come back. You guys need to provide better reasons than needing a place to vent or somewhere to post because you're bored with the rest of the forums. If that's all you need it for maybe RuneWire (there's no rule about spam on RuneWire) or a group IM conversation would work. RuneWire posts aren't limited to just "what are you doing on RuneScape?"

PS: Chris, the decision if any would be made by the mod team ;)

PostPosted: April 10th, 2011, 6:56 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Evalithia
At the very least there should be a "chat thread" where people can just post random stuff and talk about random things that doesn't warrant a whole thread, that would bring up activity and is a good way for members to talk to each other in a less "formal" and hard-lined discussion topic.

Lots of other forums have chat threads or spam threads for people to post random stuff in.

PostPosted: April 10th, 2011, 8:08 pm 
Dragon Member

Cliff Dude wrote:
At the very least there should be a "chat thread" where people can just post random stuff and talk about random things that doesn't warrant a whole thread, that would bring up activity and is a good way for members to talk to each other in a less "formal" and hard-lined discussion topic.

Lots of other forums have chat threads or spam threads for people to post random stuff in.

YES! You're my hero! That's a very brillant idea!

I'm pretty sure there's alot of people wanting to post threads about random things that happened to them but they don't post it in Non-RS discussion because they think the discussion isn't really worthing it. Let's just say someone just bought a new computer (or whatsoever.)
You can't type in a very solid opinion post or something about that, the most of things you can say are ''Nice bro.'' and ''Awesome!''. However, it's those little threads that are kind of random that can contribute the most in the creation of a healthy forum activity. With a more ''Free Style'' forum, you won't have to worry that your thread is too low discussion value and/or not worthy posting at all. So, the activity can only go up.

Because nowdays, let's face it.

-There's ONE (two if you're lucky) interesting topic created every 2-3 days
-You're lucky to have ONE reply in the topic you've created in the following 24 hours.
-Nobody is helping the cause. In the way that I don't really see anyone creating topics on regular basis and get the thread to over 20 posts.

I seriously think that a Chat Forum would be more suitable than Sandbox's Returns. Not only that'd be good for members but also for YOU, the staff.
I always see people denying the fact that RSBANDB activity is low because of the ''Dead Season'', but am I the only one to see that the Dead Season lasts all year long?
You should really consider it. But don't forget you had your lesson with the Sandbox. Elaborate very clear rules in the beggining and don't let anyone getting too far. And if you see that things are going too wrong, don't waste your time trying to make peace and just take it off.

That's my opinion huh. You're not forced to listen to it.

PostPosted: April 10th, 2011, 10:22 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Duke Juker
Clan Name: Clan Quest
Personally, if the biggest reason for removing the sandbox was because of hurt feelings, then:
1) People have most likely gotten over those things and have moved on.
2) Some of those people who caused or got hurt feelings aren't here anymore.
3) Regardless of hurt feelings, the sandbox is what it is. You go in there, there's no guarantees you won't get hurt. Not to seem overly callous, but people need a rough skin on the internet and need to grow up. If you can't take what you dish out, then why are you dishing it out in the first place?

The sandbox, according to your logic Shane, caused more harm/grief than good. I say that's not true and a simple enough reason to bring it back. If you are that concerned about it, then put a mod on a it to deal with it. That is what moderators are for, aren't they? Not picking on the moderators, but if that's what they are, shouldn't they be given something to moderate such as the sandbox (make their job more eventful, more worthwhile, more deserved)? Haven't seen too many things needing moderating besides the occasional ad spammer and off topic poster.

People's feelings will always have a chance of getting hurt on the internet. No one is forcing anyone to join the sandbox or participate in it's threads. As such, it is the responsibility of the posters to watch what they say and take responsibility for things that are said.

Granted, it is your decision in the end what you want to do. But if the best reason the Sandbox was removed was over "hurt feelings," 1) there are ways to keep that in check and 2) that's not the strongest argument for removing a board in my experience. Just saying.

82nd Dragon Member since 05/12/2010
RSBandB Member #517
Current Activities: Ports, Dailies/Monthlies, DXP
Skill Masteries: Firemaking, Cooking, Woodcutting, Fletching, Mining, Agility, Prayer, Smithing, Fishing, Summoning, Construction, Herblore, Hunter, Thieving, Crafting, Divination, Dungeoneering, Farming, Runecrafting, Slayer, Magic, Ranged, Defence, Constitution, Attack, Strength, Invention & 1st Max (3/9/19), Archaeology & 2nd Max (4/16/21), 200m Firemaking, Necromancy

PostPosted: April 10th, 2011, 11:02 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

Iron Maiden wrote:
Cliff Dude wrote:

YES! You're my hero! That's a very brillant idea!

I'm pretty sure there's alot of people wanting to post threads about random things that happened to them but they don't post it in Non-RS discussion because they think the discussion isn't really worthing it. Let's just say someone just bought a new computer (or whatsoever.)
You can't type in a very solid opinion post or something about that, the most of things you can say are ''Nice bro.'' and ''Awesome!''. However, it's those little threads that are kind of random that can contribute the most in the creation of a healthy forum activity. With a more ''Free Style'' forum, you won't have to worry that your thread is too low discussion value and/or not worthy posting at all. So, the activity can only go up.

Because nowdays, let's face it.

-There's ONE (two if you're lucky) interesting topic created every 2-3 days
-You're lucky to have ONE reply in the topic you've created in the following 24 hours.
-Nobody is helping the cause. In the way that I don't really see anyone creating topics on regular basis and get the thread to over 20 posts.

I seriously think that a Chat Forum would be more suitable than Sandbox's Returns. Not only that'd be good for members but also for YOU, the staff.
I always see people denying the fact that RSBANDB activity is low because of the ''Dead Season'', but am I the only one to see that the Dead Season lasts all year long?
You should really consider it. But don't forget you had your lesson with the Sandbox. Elaborate very clear rules in the beggining and don't let anyone getting too far. And if you see that things are going too wrong, don't waste your time trying to make peace and just take it off.

That's my opinion huh. You're not forced to listen to it.

I completely agree. The forums are dead. I don't even bother posting stuff now days because no one replies.

PostPosted: April 17th, 2011, 3:03 am 
Cleverly Disguised Spammer

RS Name: Piratesock
Clan Name: The Mushroom Pirate Federation
The forums are as fun as you like to make them. No amount of sub forums or revivals will change anything.

Also **** always slows down around this time. Rsbandb is rather like a lady. A big lady. She goes through cycles just like...nope i don't know what my point is there.

PostPosted: April 17th, 2011, 12:19 pm 
Dragon Member

See? Always the same argument: The activity always slow down by this time of the year.

*******. This 'time of the year' lasts all year long. People are actually denying the fact that forums are dying. I agree that the fun of a forums when people are contributing to it BUT your motivations goes down when you know that no one will post. Simple as that.

PostPosted: April 18th, 2011, 3:02 am 
Cleverly Disguised Spammer

RS Name: Piratesock
Clan Name: The Mushroom Pirate Federation
Iron Maiden wrote:
See? Always the same argument: The activity always slow down by this time of the year.

*******. This 'time of the year' lasts all year long. People are actually denying the fact that forums are dying. I agree that the fun of a forums when people are contributing to it BUT your motivations goes down when you know that no one will post. Simple as that.

The fact we're still having this argument. Years later proves I'm right. The forums haven't died. There still here. In fact i see we've got Derek return and Mr xbox. So we've gained 2. Old faces are gone, new ones are in, old faces will return come winter and we'll add some new ones.

We don't tend to grow we just hold steady. Suits me. Also you got 9 replies here;

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=80890

That's more than i get when i post in non-rs gaming half the time. :( Maybe it's cause I'm so confrontational. Tho saying that this;

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=80762&p=651746#p651746

Has 75 replies. And is, i think one of the greatest topics ever created on this site. Ever. That's just my opinion though.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Forum Index » RSBandB » RuneScape Bits & Bytes Site » Sandbox Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3 [ 44 posts ]