Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Learning from mistakes
PostPosted: May 26th, 2012, 12:51 pm 
BANNED

RS Name: firering401
RS Status: F2P
Never vote conservative again.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: May 26th, 2012, 12:51 pm 
BANNED

Post subject: Re: Learning from mistakes
PostPosted: May 26th, 2012, 1:01 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Azek
RS Status: P2P
So you're going to learn from this mistake? The mistake of never voting conservative again? Because that is a huge mistake.

PostPosted: May 26th, 2012, 1:15 pm 
BANNED

Voting conservative = mistake.... Because conservatism is the antithesis of progress, and in many cases logic.

PostPosted: May 26th, 2012, 1:56 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Duke Juker
Clan Name: Clan Quest
Depends on how you define progress. What some people call progress can actually be a regress. Sometimes it better to "be conservative" and leaves things as they are rather than change them. I would rather vote for someone who equally weighs conservative and progressive ideas and makes the best choice accordingly. I wouldn't entirely discount conservatism simply because it's not progressive sometimes.

82nd Dragon Member since 05/12/2010
RSBandB Member #517
Current Activities: Ports, Dailies/Monthlies, DXP
Skill Masteries: Firemaking, Cooking, Woodcutting, Fletching, Mining, Agility, Prayer, Smithing, Fishing, Summoning, Construction, Herblore, Hunter, Thieving, Crafting, Divination, Dungeoneering, Farming, Runecrafting, Slayer, Magic, Ranged, Defence, Constitution, Attack, Strength, Invention & 1st Max (3/9/19), Archaeology & 2nd Max (4/16/21), 200m Firemaking, Necromancy

PostPosted: May 26th, 2012, 2:02 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Skype Jay
there've been bad from all sides so if you wanted to learn from mistakes i guess we should just stop voting

PostPosted: May 26th, 2012, 2:20 pm 

RS Name: j1j2j3
range... you have my permission to back slap ring as hard as you want. you can even bring the mother of dragons to help you out.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: May 26th, 2012, 2:20 pm 

PostPosted: May 26th, 2012, 7:16 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

trekkie wrote:
range... you have my permission to back slap ring as hard as you want. you can even bring the mother of dragons to help you out.

I will. I just had like... half a page typed out and my browser closed. I feel like **** so I don't feel like typing again.

My main point was:

Liberals actually demote progress by taxing investment returns at a higher rate than conservatives. The idea that the rich are taxed lower than the poor is actually an uneducated idea. Look at the US tax bracket. You make 50k a year its like 15%, you make 350k+ you pay something like 35%. The way the "rich" have a lower tax amount (rate) then the poor is due to investment tax, which is something like 15% with the Bush tax cuts.

Now, logic time. (but sadly, Supply Side Economics can't really be proven or dis proven with data charts, but this isnt exactly SSE)

You have 1M dollars to invest. You can go to Liberalville or Conservative City. Liberalvill will tax you at 35% on returns and Conservative City will tax you at 15%. All other tax rate are the same. Where would you go? You would go to Conservative City and make much more on returns then if you went to Liberalville.

So, Converatives promote Adam Smiths invisible hand, letting the economy correct itself and allowing for investors to invest more with greater chance of returns, hence promoting investment which in turn promotes progress..

Like I said, a little of that is if you believe in Supply Side, which I do to a point. (SSE is lower taxes = more consumption spending, = more tax revenue) which doesnt REALLY relate to what I said, but I think it does to a point, you may want to just disregard that I even mentioned SSE. I am not thinking at my best, due to feeling like ****.

But, in conclusion. Progress in the economy and business. I'd say conservatives win. Progress with social issues, obviously I would give to the Liberals. But is that progress good? While I think progress with womens rights and *** rights is awesome, and I think it is sad tha conservatives are fighting it so much take a look at liberals push to give progress to aborting as "womens rights". **** joke that is. Remember partial birth abortions? How drugs can actually do you harm? There is a reason conservatives like being conservative.

Also, I don't think liberals are using America for the strengths that she has. America thrives of free(ish) enterprise and high competition in the market. When something is not working, lets make it easier to compete not make competition harder (talking about healthcare here). Treat healthcare as a business, not a government ran market, since that doesn't work in America. (Postal service for instance)

For example, and this is what future Senator from Missouri thinks. Sara Steelman wants to open up the healthcare marketing by running it like car insurance. For instance, I currently live in Missouri, but my car insurance is out of a insurance agency from California. I can't do that with healthcare. I am forced to have what few insurance agencies are in my state, which is a VERY small number. Want to lower healthcare? Let me buy healthcare from all over America. That will increase competition, make barriers to entry lower, and lower the overall price and give higher quality. Simple and efficient. But no, leave it to a liberal to have the government run heathcare. Thank God the mandate will be deemed unconstitutional....

Also, if anyone is going to argue about Romney Care being Obama Care. Yes, kinda, but it was VOTED in by 2/3 the vote where Obama Care is passed behind closed doors, by a liberal government that thinks the American people are too stupid to know what is good for them.

Sorry, kinda went off on a rant haha.

/I feel like ****. Ill proof and add more to this later.

PostPosted: May 26th, 2012, 7:33 pm 

But no, leave it to a liberal to have the government run heathcare.

also realize every other world power has some form which is runned by the government.
you never read my healthcare article did you?

PostPosted: May 26th, 2012, 8:00 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

trekkie wrote:
But no, leave it to a liberal to have the government run heathcare.

also realize every other world power has some form which is runned by the government.
you never read my healthcare article did you?

What healthcare article?

While what you said is true, we have the top physicians in the world coming to America for a reason.

Don't get me wrong though. American's healthcare systems is **** up. Prescriptions are way to high, and people go into debt from getting sick.. Which is horrible.

PostPosted: May 26th, 2012, 8:52 pm 

http://informer.rsbandb.com/article/201 ... care-at-a-glance.htm

it's just here.

PostPosted: May 26th, 2012, 9:04 pm 
BANNED

pwnt

PostPosted: May 26th, 2012, 9:59 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Duke Juker
Clan Name: Clan Quest
Ring wrote:
pwnt

Not really. But before I go any further, why are we having a serious discussion in the sandbox?

That aside, the problem with US healthcare is regulations, not privatization. We could have cheap prescriptions and surgeries IF half the things used in Europe could be brought over. But, with regulations and patents, it terribly sets back the kind of healthcare we can provide. That's our biggest problem with healthcare, not that the government hasn't been able to take over.

In terms of wealth, a flat tax would be ideal imo. Everyone pays the same percentage and the government has to manage the money it is given. Most government money problems come from mismanagement of revenue (namely, overspending or creation of entitlement programs). Government needs to live within it's means just like the rest of us and not just raise taxes (on just rich people) every time they can't pay for something.

82nd Dragon Member since 05/12/2010
RSBandB Member #517
Current Activities: Ports, Dailies/Monthlies, DXP
Skill Masteries: Firemaking, Cooking, Woodcutting, Fletching, Mining, Agility, Prayer, Smithing, Fishing, Summoning, Construction, Herblore, Hunter, Thieving, Crafting, Divination, Dungeoneering, Farming, Runecrafting, Slayer, Magic, Ranged, Defence, Constitution, Attack, Strength, Invention & 1st Max (3/9/19), Archaeology & 2nd Max (4/16/21), 200m Firemaking, Necromancy

PostPosted: May 26th, 2012, 10:49 pm 
BANNED

Duke Juker wrote:
Ring wrote:
pwnt

Not really. But before I go any further, why are we having a serious discussion in the sandbox?

That aside, the problem with US healthcare is regulations, not privatization. We could have cheap prescriptions and surgeries IF half the things used in Europe could be brought over. But, with regulations and patents, it terribly sets back the kind of healthcare we can provide. That's our biggest problem with healthcare, not that the government hasn't been able to take over.

In terms of wealth, a flat tax would be ideal imo. Everyone pays the same percentage and the government has to manage the money it is given. Most government money problems come from mismanagement of revenue (namely, overspending or creation of entitlement programs). Government needs to live within it's means just like the rest of us and not just raise taxes (on just rich people) every time they can't pay for something.

My experiment as to how quickly people will get into big tldr discussions. And besides, posting in here has a benefit. Random surfers can't see what is going on, only registered members.

PostPosted: May 26th, 2012, 11:16 pm 

or maybe you should quit while you're behind.

PostPosted: May 27th, 2012, 6:28 am 
Rsbandb Donor

Ring, I gave reasons as to why conservatives are not all wrong. Any reason as to why you feel they are?

(Also, I shouldn't have brought healthcare into this. I didn't want my reply to be based on healthcare, but the economy :(