Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: man sues all you can eat
PostPosted: May 16th, 2012, 9:07 pm 

RS Name: j1j2j3
RS Status: P2P
HIENSVILLE - A disturbance at a local restaurant when one man got upset that an all-you-can-eat fish fry didn't live up to its name.

At 6'6" and 350 lbs, Bill Wisth admits he's a big guy who can pack it away more than most. And he wants one restaurant to make all-you-can-eat, all he can eat too.

"It's false advertising," said Wisth to TODAY'S TMJ4.

Wisth has a beef with the all-you-can-eat fish fry at Chuck's Place. He was there Friday when the restaurant cut him off after he ate a dozen pieces.

"Well, we asked for more fish and they refused to give us any more fish," recalled Wisth.

The restaurant says it was running out of fish and patience; arguing Bill has been a problem customer before. They sent him on his way with another eight pieces, but that still wasn't enough.

He was so fired up, he called the police. "I think that people have to stand up for consumers," said Wisth.

And he wasn't done. He came back two days later with a picket sign.

Elizabeth Roeming is a waitress there and says they've tried to work with Bill over the years -- like letting him have a tab he still hasn't paid off.

And customers are running to the restaurant's defense, even interrupting TODAY'S TMJ's interview to give Bill their two cents.

Bill isn't backing down, saying his fish fry fight isn't over. But in the end, even he had something nice to say.

"They do have like some of the best pizza in town if you like deep dish pizza," said Wisth.

Bill Wisth says he will picket every Sunday until the restaurant rethinks what happened.

http://www.620wtmj.com/news/local/151468665.html

When I read this article and saw his picture, the first thing I thought of was

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: May 16th, 2012, 9:07 pm 

Post subject: Re: man sues all you can eat
PostPosted: May 16th, 2012, 11:23 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Duke Juker
Clan Name: Clan Quest
Ya, restaurants shouldn't lie to their customers like that. There is advertising and then there is advertising without coming through on an expectation. I'd be pist, too. [-X

82nd Dragon Member since 05/12/2010
RSBandB Member #517
Current Activities: Ports, Dailies/Monthlies, DXP
Skill Masteries: Firemaking, Cooking, Woodcutting, Fletching, Mining, Agility, Prayer, Smithing, Fishing, Summoning, Construction, Herblore, Hunter, Thieving, Crafting, Divination, Dungeoneering, Farming, Runecrafting, Slayer, Magic, Ranged, Defence, Constitution, Attack, Strength, Invention & 1st Max (3/9/19), Archaeology & 2nd Max (4/16/21), 200m Firemaking, Necromancy

PostPosted: May 17th, 2012, 12:31 am 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Marking22
That happen to me at a Chinese restaurant. I was going to get my 5th plate of food and they told me I could't get anymore =(.

PostPosted: May 17th, 2012, 7:54 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Skype Jay
RS Status: F2P
I don't really think it is false advertising. It's still all you can eat even if you have to pay for another 5 plates or whatever.

PostPosted: May 17th, 2012, 9:11 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Azek
All you can eat means all you can eat... I think he has a solid case.

PostPosted: May 17th, 2012, 10:01 am 
Cleverly Disguised Spammer

RS Name: Piratesock
Clan Name: The Mushroom Pirate Federation
Warren wrote:
I don't really think it is false advertising. It's still all you can eat even if you have to pay for another 5 plates or whatever.

Sort of depends. Usually these offers are all you can eat for X. In which case the fat guy is right. With that said most people would flip them off and just never eat there again...why bother going through all this. Nothing better to do with his time i suppose.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: May 17th, 2012, 10:01 am 
Cleverly Disguised Spammer

PostPosted: May 17th, 2012, 2:51 pm 
BANNED

RS Name: firering401
Welcome to America.

PostPosted: May 17th, 2012, 4:57 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Skype Jay
Ranging God wrote:
All you can eat means all you can eat... I think he has a solid case.

So then it should be free if they don't have the right to charge what they want. Making you pay more before you get more isn't limiting what you can eat.
Unless it was all you can eat for $___ as creepy said. I didn't think of that but it would obviously be false advertising then.

But even something like this I don't consider false advertising:
$9.99 buffet monday-wednesday
5-10pm
All you can eat buffet of such and such

As long as they're not explicitly saying it's all you can eat for the price I think it is reasonable that they can cut you off/charge more after a certain food amount or time limit. As long as the limits amount to more than what would satisfy a reasonable non-starved average person... they need to make money in order to do it and there are people not costing them money who want to enjoy the food at that price. If you want to eat 10x more than what the average person does there then just pay it and not cry about it.

PostPosted: May 18th, 2012, 12:55 pm 

RS Name: j1j2j3
as i recall in the video, he has a running tab going for quite some time. so basically, he hasn't exactly paid the money for quite some time. and you know, they do reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.

PostPosted: June 1st, 2012, 3:47 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: paidsaint
Clan Name: who needs one?
well good. the man eats enough as it is.

PostPosted: June 5th, 2012, 5:44 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Punisher1288
Clan Name: The Cookie Armada
Most eatery establishments have a small clause hanging somewhere in view that reads management can refuse service to anyone for whatever reason. The basis of the law is pretty simple, it's their business they can choose who they do business with. If he continues to picket outside the business coming from someone testing into law school i'd highly suggest the owners of the business that the courts would view the continuing protests as deprivation of character.

*Member #514*
*Rsbandb Donor*

PostPosted: June 5th, 2012, 6:02 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Duke Juker
Clan Name: Clan Quest
True, but if that were true in this case, then the whole thing shouldn't have even come up. They would have just said "Read the fine print!"

82nd Dragon Member since 05/12/2010
RSBandB Member #517
Current Activities: Ports, Dailies/Monthlies, DXP
Skill Masteries: Firemaking, Cooking, Woodcutting, Fletching, Mining, Agility, Prayer, Smithing, Fishing, Summoning, Construction, Herblore, Hunter, Thieving, Crafting, Divination, Dungeoneering, Farming, Runecrafting, Slayer, Magic, Ranged, Defence, Constitution, Attack, Strength, Invention & 1st Max (3/9/19), Archaeology & 2nd Max (4/16/21), 200m Firemaking, Necromancy

PostPosted: June 5th, 2012, 6:04 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Punisher1288
Clan Name: The Cookie Armada
Kyle wrote:
Most eatery establishments have a small clause hanging somewhere in view that reads management can refuse service to anyone for whatever reason. The basis of the law is pretty simple, it's their business they can choose who they do business with. If he continues to picket outside the business coming from someone testing into law school i'd highly suggest the owners of the business that the courts would view the continuing protests as deprivation of character.

This is America, i can sue you for anything, i mean anything. It will go to court and the judge can either throw it our or a jury has to hear the case for dismissal.

*Member #514*
*Rsbandb Donor*