Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Ron Paul
PostPosted: May 10th, 2012, 12:47 am 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Marking22
RS Status: P2P

Discuss.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: May 10th, 2012, 12:47 am 
Dragon Member

Post subject: Re: Ron Paul
PostPosted: May 10th, 2012, 4:14 am 
Site Owner

RS Name: shane12088
First things first, Ron Paul is not number one in delegates in the states listed. The only states he is currently number one in delegates are Maine and Minnesota. The other states listed currently have unbound delegates, we don't know where they go yet. Here's a nice chart of delegates: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican ... 012#Primary_schedule sort by the 'P' column.

The Ron Paul revolution is not happening. By estimates Romney has 925 delegates while Ron Paul is still under 100. The chance of all the unbounds going to Ron Paul is tiny. Even if it did happen it wouldn't be enough, there'd have to be some sort of colossal shake up at the convention.

Some of Ron Paul's economic ideas are interesting but they aren't really practical in the 21st century. In my view his libertarian stripes go too far and would hamper law enforcement agencies ability to do work. I don't want to get started on his foreign policy because I think it's totally absurd and would never work.

Also just a note to anyone who's not observed candidates become elected before it's very seldom that they maintain their lustre of being idea driven. Even though the ideas are novel it's often the case that what they want to do (in the case of Ron Paul or Stephen Harper's minority years) they can't because of certain political obstacles. There needs to be a great will of the candidate even if they aren't hampered by procedural or structural roadblocks.

For all Ron Paul supporters I suggest that you decide what you want. Romney clearly isn't your type of candidate. What's more important, the political party or the ideas? If the former go for Romney. If the latter go for Obama because he's probably more of a libertarian than Romney since I know that's what so many Ron Paul fans love about him even though there are policies in Ron Paul's book that aren't even libertarian! Or maybe you might want to go for Romney if the smaller chance of picking Rand Paul as his VP happened...

PS: I'm not american. I'm just an observer from up north, if you want to know what I truly think about the US political system please PM me.

PostPosted: May 10th, 2012, 3:42 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Pennstate315
Romney basically has this thing wrapped up, his focus is on Obama now for the November election

Black Member 2-6-10

PostPosted: May 19th, 2012, 11:30 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Jade Gizmo
Clan Name: Pawscape
I will never trust politics , not like I believe anything a internet video has to say on the matter, but even when It was still a even 4 man race, Paul did get the least amount of attention.
Instead of the 2 parties constantly fighting each other and vetoing each others bills, they should work together and compromise. May sound bad.. since it's effecting the country and people but best way, or only reasonable way to go. I no longer like to follow politics for the sole reason that it just angers me now.

But guess I'm a hypocrite, cause only MY way and views are right, period.
I'd make a good dictator.
What about you Romney?

Paul2012!

PostPosted: May 19th, 2012, 11:59 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Duke Juker
Clan Name: Clan Quest
Here's what I've learned in my limited experience. Everyone focuses on the national level too much and not on more local campaigns. The fact of the matter is that your mayor, county executive, and governor have more power to affect your life than the president. People need to focus on races closer to home that have a greater impact on their well being than the president of the United States. Just something to consider.

82nd Dragon Member since 05/12/2010
RSBandB Member #517
Current Activities: Ports, Dailies/Monthlies, DXP
Skill Masteries: Firemaking, Cooking, Woodcutting, Fletching, Mining, Agility, Prayer, Smithing, Fishing, Summoning, Construction, Herblore, Hunter, Thieving, Crafting, Divination, Dungeoneering, Farming, Runecrafting, Slayer, Magic, Ranged, Defence, Constitution, Attack, Strength, Invention & 1st Max (3/9/19), Archaeology & 2nd Max (4/16/21), 200m Firemaking, Necromancy

PostPosted: May 20th, 2012, 2:00 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Jade Gizmo
Clan Name: Pawscape
Ron Paul probably lost.. because he was featured in Bruno, and dropped the Q word. (*****) :mrgreen:

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: May 20th, 2012, 2:00 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

PostPosted: May 23rd, 2012, 3:45 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Pennstate315
Duke Juker wrote:
Here's what I've learned in my limited experience. Everyone focuses on the national level too much and not on more local campaigns. The fact of the matter is that your mayor, county executive, and governor have more power to affect your life than the president. People need to focus on races closer to home that have a greater impact on their well being than the president of the United States. Just something to consider.

Yes thats true for the most part. The presidential election is still very important. As the Federal Government continues to grow. I would rather it stay the way you described here, with local government deciding what's best for your area, rather then the Federal government becoming big and bloated and overburdening people with regulation. Health Care is a perfect example, why do that on the Federal Level were it's probably going to fail, do it on a state by state basis like Romney did in Mass were it's not to big and has a chance of being a successful program. But yes your right local officials have a much bigger influence on your life in actual day to day living. I Just would rather see Romney in office over Obama any day.

Black Member 2-6-10

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Forum Index » Off-Topic » Non-RuneScape Discussion » Ron Paul Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]