Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: left in jail cell with no food
PostPosted: May 2nd, 2012, 11:00 pm 

RS Name: j1j2j3
RS Status: P2P
A man who was locked in a tiny cell by drug agents for five days without water and food has told of drinking his own urine to survive.

Daniel Chong was swept up during a drug raid in San Diego on 21 April, and placed in a 5ft (1.5m) by 10ft cell, where he was forgotten.

Mr Chong said he lost 15lb (7kg) and was hallucinating by the third day.

Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) officials are investigating why Mr Chong was left in the cell for so long.

"They never came back, ignored all my cries and I still don't know what happened," the UC San Diego student said. "I'm not sure how they could forget me."

According to the DEA, the student was one of nine people detained as a search warrant was executed.

At the residence, DEA agents say they found about 18,000 pills of MDMA, also known as ecstasy, as well as marijuana, prescription medications, hallucinogenic mushrooms and several firearms.

"The individual in question was at the house, by his own admission, to get high with his friends," the statement said.

DEA San Diego acting agent-in-charge William Sherman said on Wednesday that he was "deeply troubled by the incident that occurred here last week".
Quote:
"I extend my deepest apologies to the young man and want to express that this event is not indicative of the high standards that I hold my employees to."

During a press conference on Tuesday, Mr Chong said agents had questioned him on 21 April but told him he could go home.

One DEA agent even offered him a ride, he said.

Somehow, instead of returning home Mr Chong was "accidentally left in one of the cells", say officials.

Mr Chong said he heard DEA employees and other prisoners, and he screamed and kicked the door, but received no response.

When he was found, Mr Chong was incoherent and close to kidney failure, his lawyer said. He was brought to hospital where he spent three days in an intensive care unit.

Mr Chong broke shards from his glasses and attempted to carve "Sorry Mom" on his arm.

His lawyer, Gene Iredale, confirmed the student had ingested a powdery substance in the cell, which turned out to be methamphetamine.

According to Mr Iredale, he and Mr Chong may file a lawsuit in federal court.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-17930812

I felt a little sorry for the man, then i read this:

His lawyer, Gene Iredale, confirmed the student had ingested a powdery substance in the cell, which turned out to be methamphetamine.

So now, i'm in a pickle over what I should be feeling.

CUE creepypirate let him rot post!

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: May 2nd, 2012, 11:00 pm 

Post subject: Re: left in jail cell with no food
PostPosted: May 3rd, 2012, 1:23 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Azek
**** happens. This is why I chose not to associate myself with people of this nature. It does suck that this happened to him, but can't say that he was leading a morally decent life. karma is a *****

PostPosted: May 3rd, 2012, 2:38 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Duke Juker
Clan Name: Clan Quest
Pretty sure taking meth wouldn't improve your situation in a cell. I'd say serves him right. He's not dead, so really no harm done. A good lesson if anything. And ya, **** happens. Sometimes people are forgotten. Not like it was anyone's fault.

2500th post! 1/4 of the way to "Clever Spammer"! Woot!

82nd Dragon Member since 05/12/2010
RSBandB Member #517
Current Activities: Ports, Dailies/Monthlies, DXP
Skill Masteries: Firemaking, Cooking, Woodcutting, Fletching, Mining, Agility, Prayer, Smithing, Fishing, Summoning, Construction, Herblore, Hunter, Thieving, Crafting, Divination, Dungeoneering, Farming, Runecrafting, Slayer, Magic, Ranged, Defence, Constitution, Attack, Strength, Invention & 1st Max (3/9/19), Archaeology & 2nd Max (4/16/21), 200m Firemaking, Necromancy

PostPosted: May 3rd, 2012, 4:18 pm 

RS Name: Silverwiz9
Clan Name: RsbandbStaff
He's suing for $20m. He's screwed due to the drugs they found on him, but leaving him for 5 days without food or water.. I'm guessing he'll get a good deal of that money.

PostPosted: May 3rd, 2012, 4:44 pm 
BANNED

RS Name: firering401
RS Status: F2P
Pfkninenines wrote:
He's suing for $20m. He's screwed due to the drugs they found on him, but leaving him for 5 days without food or water.. I'm guessing he'll get a good deal of that money.

He should...

Gitmo nation West almost killed an innocent pot head.

PostPosted: May 3rd, 2012, 8:29 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Skype Jay
RS Status: F2P
But who was he hurting besides himself? You really think someone deserves to go through that over an opinion on his lifestyle? This is the 21st century and it's a developed country. I work at min mage and there are huge consequences if you mess something up. Dunno why I should be held to a higher standard so that I don't waste a dollar if these guys can't remember they didn't let the person they let go out of a cell. Oh well as long as they're drug addicts, my life is worth so much more and it's because that I am so much of a better person than him that I haven't made the same mistakes.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: May 3rd, 2012, 8:29 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

PostPosted: May 4th, 2012, 12:49 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Jade Gizmo
Clan Name: Pawscape
20Mil for 5 days of "torture" sign me up.

But it doesn't really make any difference what is crime was for. Still no excuse for forgetting about someone for 5 days, how professional.
Besides they weren't even arresting him, they "meant" to drive him home after.

PostPosted: May 4th, 2012, 1:46 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

$20m?! A little hefty don't you think.

I mean, what's done is done. It can't be taken back, but $20m is just way too much. That's coming out of tax payer dollars by the way. And last time I checked, people don't like it even when prisons get more money. Ya, people feel sorry for him, but that's certainly not deserving of $20m. I could settle for like $10,000...maybe.

RSBandB Member #517
Skill Masteries: Firemaking, Cooking, Woodcutting, Fletching, Mining, Agility, Prayer, Smithing, Fishing, Summoning, Construction, Herblore, Hunter, Thieving, Crafting, Divination, Dungeoneering, Farming, Runecrafting, Slayer, Magic, Ranged, Defence, Constitution, Attack, Strength, Invention & 1st Max (3/9/19), Archaeology & 2nd Max (4/16/21), 200m Firemaking, Necromancy

PostPosted: May 4th, 2012, 1:50 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Jade Gizmo
Clan Name: Pawscape
Well he did almost die.
I like to think my life is worth a bit more then 10 grand.

PostPosted: May 4th, 2012, 4:18 pm 

RS Name: j1j2j3
I do not see him winning that lawsuit. no judge would allow him to win 20 mil if he's going to go to jail anyway. do remember, he did have some meth.

What i may see happen is him getting a reduced sentence or maybe get out of it altogether and into parole. 5 days of that would make the judge seem you've suffered enough lets reduce the sentence.

i also believe whoever was in there should be suspended or fired for leaving a guy there for 5 days. there should have been cameras in that cell, how could nobody notice that for 5 days? was the guard there watching pokemon?

PostPosted: May 4th, 2012, 7:12 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

Sunset Fish wrote:
Well he did almost die.
I like to think my life is worth a bit more then 10 grand.

Given the circumstances and that he was doing drugs, he's probably one of those people not worth that much. :wink: So unless you are saying you are him or are like him, you probably are worth more.

RSBandB Member #517