Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Do you want to have kids?
Yes! 32%  32%  [ 20 ]
Yes! 32%  32%  [ 20 ]
Heck no. 8%  8%  [ 5 ]
Heck no. 8%  8%  [ 5 ]
I haven't decided. 10%  10%  [ 6 ]
I haven't decided. 10%  10%  [ 6 ]
Total votes: 62
 Post subject: Do you want kids? What kind of parent would you be?
PostPosted: December 12th, 2010, 11:38 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: FungiMonarch
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: The Hot Nuns of Taverley
This is a pretty old-school topic, but I feel like we've mostly been posting news on here so I wanted to know what you all thought about procreation. :P

I used to be totally against having children. I hated them, didn't want them around me, and definitely couldn't see myself ever giving birth to one. Now that I'm old (23), I get those stupid maternal urges and I love holding babies. It sucks not being at the point in your life where you feel ready to settle down. Not to say that having kids and/or being married is the point of my life. It's just no fun!

As for what type of parent I'd be.. well, i'd love to say I'd be a strict mum, but I'm such a lenient person that I'd better hope my kids are nice enough not to walk all over me. I'm pretty conservative when it comes to how I want my children to grow up--no makeup at 12 (ugh) or tube tops. I have a feeling that things are totally going to go awry if I have a kid, haha.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: December 12th, 2010, 11:38 pm 
Dragon Member

Post subject: Re: Do you want kids? What kind of parent would you be?
PostPosted: December 12th, 2010, 11:57 pm 

RS Name: j1j2j3
not any time soon. maybe one day, but not now. i sure do hope that i get 1 son in the future. but with my luck i'll end up having all girls and suddenly my bank account funding will disappear faster than a pork chop in a buffet

PostPosted: December 13th, 2010, 12:01 am 
Dragon Member

RS Name: FungiMonarch
Clan Name: The Hot Nuns of Taverley
That is simply not true! I didn't spend all my dad's money when I was growing up. I was a total tomboy though.

PostPosted: December 13th, 2010, 12:11 am 

RS Name: j1j2j3
Mushroom Queen wrote:
That is simply not true! I didn't spend all my dad's money when I was growing up. I was a total tomboy though.

but you do not have a sister that loves to shop. having 2 girls would also mean "when is auntie taking us to go shopping!! we need new handbags"

PostPosted: December 13th, 2010, 12:57 am 
Cleverly Disguised Spammer

RS Name: Piratesock
Clan Name: The Mushroom Pirate Federation
No. I've recently discovered (over the last 2 years i suppose so not so recent SHUT UP) that i can't talk to children at all. Not a clue how to interact with them. My cousins and some friends have all had kiddies and christ there just boring and annoying from ages 1-4 and from that point on there weird and i constantly fear I'm going to accidently swear or say something inappropriate around them.

Then they hit about 13 and from that point till they grow the **** up i usually want to smack them in the face.

If i ever had a child and it was left to me to look after the thing I'd give myself a week before i either give it up for adoption or get it taken away from me because i forgot to feed it.

PostPosted: December 13th, 2010, 4:19 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Duke Juker
Clan Name: Clan Quest
It's definitely different for both genders on how they feel about parenting and children. As for myself, I rather like the ideal, partially because I feel that's the best means we can leave a legacy or impact through, but also because I want to take out my childhood on my own children as well (Do this (chore) because I said so!). I'm only 20 and halfway through college, but I like the idea of a family and kids. I'm not sure how I would treat them, though. I'd probably be both harsh and spoiling at different times. Just would depend on the context and how I felt, I suppose.

82nd Dragon Member since 05/12/2010
RSBandB Member #517
Current Activities: Ports, Dailies/Monthlies, DXP
Skill Masteries: Firemaking, Cooking, Woodcutting, Fletching, Mining, Agility, Prayer, Smithing, Fishing, Summoning, Construction, Herblore, Hunter, Thieving, Crafting, Divination, Dungeoneering, Farming, Runecrafting, Slayer, Magic, Ranged, Defence, Constitution, Attack, Strength, Invention & 1st Max (3/9/19), Archaeology & 2nd Max (4/16/21), 200m Firemaking, Necromancy

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: December 13th, 2010, 4:19 am 
Rsbandb Donor

PostPosted: December 13th, 2010, 4:43 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Ryan V 09
RS Status: Classic
No. I hate kids, and the world definitely doesn't need more humans at the moment. Maybe my views will change, but, as of now, children are not in my picture of the future.

But what did such a Teuton afterwards look like when he had been "improved" and led into a monastery? Like a caricature of a human being, like an abortion: he had become a "sinner," he was in a cage, one had imprisoned him behind nothing but sheer terrifying concepts... There he lay now, sick, miserable, filled with ill-will towards himself; full of hatred for the impulses toward life, full of suspicion of all that was still strong and happy. In short, a "Christian"... - Twighlight of the Idols

PostPosted: December 13th, 2010, 5:10 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Pennstate315
Yes I do want kids. I would say I would allow my kids a lot of freedom. But my perspective would probably change to being more strict after I get out of college, or around there. :P

Black Member 2-6-10

PostPosted: December 13th, 2010, 6:52 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Ice Blk Drgn
RS Status: F2P
Clan Name: MaSoRs
No. Never in a million years. Kids ruin things.

PostPosted: December 13th, 2010, 7:37 pm 
Runite Member

RS Status: Classic
21 y.o... and heck yes i want kids ^.^ the trouble is finding someone to have them with that'll stay with me. my youngest aunt just had her first 2 kids and whenever they are around i go see them and i just dont want to leave them lol

So yea what type of dad would i be? I'll probably spoil them big time so id be nice in their view.. But id try to be sorta strict to make sure they learn whats what in the world.

Id probably be protective if they were girls (but not like "your not dating till your 18") and idk if they're boys...think id be like any other dad (just like the protective thing with the girl) and be outside doing stuff with them (sports, etc.)

edit: also id show them the old b&b updates and tell them to be like brad v1.0 and not shane haha

PostPosted: December 14th, 2010, 2:43 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Jade Gizmo
Clan Name: Pawscape
Kids... well that's a tough question. Firstly. need to find my Soul One. wouldn't have a child with just anyone. ( no one night stands for this guy )
I first need to learn to take care of myself before thinking about taking care of another life. Don't really like kids, I have always been the mature, quiet type. but when it's your own kid, then it's different. not knowing from experience of course.

I nearly throw up, and have a few times. changing a cat box. couldn't change a diaper. for some reason my 2 1/2 year old niece really likes me. Don't know why.
My dad was always a laid back kind of parent. even though I hate him and rarely see him these days. Be a kind of parent I would be.
not over protective. as long your quiet. do what you feel.

But only time will tell. I'm only 16. so nothing I have to worry about anytime soon.

PostPosted: December 14th, 2010, 11:06 am 
Dragon Member

RS Status: Old School (2007)
No. Because I don't want to have to lie to them. Truth or happiness. Never both. I chose truth.

I don't want to tell them that the good always prevails.
I don't want to tell them that whenever you do something bad, you'll always get caught.
I don't want to tell them that working hard gets you awesome results
I don't want to tell them that revenge and violence are never justified

The truth is:
-Good doesn't always win.
-Murderer,Rapist,whatever might never get caught.
-It's not a matter of who is working the harder, its a matter of money. Whoever has power and money can have anything he desires. No matter what it is.
-Yep, revenge is never justified. Only in Walt Disney. The sad thing is, you often have to go through your own principles and go through the extreme to be respected for who you are. Fear is the key to respect.

Is a child would like to hear that? I don't think so.
Sometimes truth isn't enough. Sometimes people deserves more. Sometimes people needs to have their faith rewarded.

No, I don't want kids. Because I don't want to have to lie.

PostPosted: December 14th, 2010, 12:23 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Azek
Yea, I want kids. I would be happy with 2, or 3, or 5. I would raise them vegetarian, catholic (they they chose) and have them attend a private school.

Also, I'd be the **** at being a dad.

PostPosted: December 14th, 2010, 9:36 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Marking22
No kids for me I would drive them crazy with my obsession with video games and anime.

PostPosted: December 21st, 2010, 1:41 am 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Sky Jace
Yes I want to have kids, but by adoption and not by birth. I'd hopefully be a medium between a strict and an easygoing mom. I want them to succeed in life, but I also want them to have fun. I'll push them towards having my morals of acceptance and liberality as well. I also do not plan on keeping them in a bubble from the world; I won't pamper them when they become old enough. And yes, I will be a slightly stereotypical Asian mother who wants their kids to get good grades in school and become adept at a musical instrument and sports.

Dragon Member #90