Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: changes on RS
PostPosted: February 21st, 2012, 6:38 pm 

RS Name: j1j2j3
RS Status: P2P
besides maybe another bot nuke, what other long term change would you like to see that will have a big impact not only on you, but on every other player as well?

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: February 21st, 2012, 6:38 pm 

Post subject: Re: changes on RS
PostPosted: February 21st, 2012, 8:21 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Duke Juker
Clan Name: Clan Quest
The game getting shut down forever. :mrgreen:

It's a long term change I would like to see. And, it would have a big impact not only on me, but every other player as well. 8)

FYI...I'm being dead serious. I really wouldn't mind Runescape being shut down at this point.

82nd Dragon Member since 05/12/2010
RSBandB Member #517
Current Activities: Ports, Dailies/Monthlies, DXP
Skill Masteries: Firemaking, Cooking, Woodcutting, Fletching, Mining, Agility, Prayer, Smithing, Fishing, Summoning, Construction, Herblore, Hunter, Thieving, Crafting, Divination, Dungeoneering, Farming, Runecrafting, Slayer, Magic, Ranged, Defence, Constitution, Attack, Strength, Invention & 1st Max (3/9/19), Archaeology & 2nd Max (4/16/21), 200m Firemaking, Necromancy

PostPosted: February 21st, 2012, 8:36 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Bonsai99
RS Status: Retired
Duke Juker wrote:

It's a long term change I would like to see. And, it would have a big impact not only on me, but every other player as well. 8)

FYI...I'm being dead serious. I really wouldn't mind Runescape being shut down at this point.

Ouch that's harsh, really harsh.

PostPosted: February 21st, 2012, 9:16 pm 

RS Name: j1j2j3
Keep in mind Bonsai, that is also coming from the same guy who had the worst goal thread in history.

PostPosted: February 21st, 2012, 10:55 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Marking22
Maybe make all levels go to 120? I would like to gain more levels at some of my 99 skills.

PostPosted: February 22nd, 2012, 10:17 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Dothal Detra
RS Status: F2P
Clan Name: Irenic
Duke Juker wrote:

I agree. The current management situation is terrible. I still have some things I would like to do on runescape, but I've stopped playing because of the way the game is being managed. I gave them more money than I have to any other game developer, and I can name several developers that I've given significantly less too that produce a much better product (the old Black Isle/Bioware games, CD Projekt RED, Valve). They keep ******* out new ways to make people want to buy members (green skin, some katana, maybe some new **** since I left), but they are not improving the game. The core gameplay for most of the skills is still the same as when RSC came out. Click, wait, click, wait, click wait, level-up. I've wondered about some things though. The XP for next level is just an equation that they made up when they thought that level 60 would be end-game content. They never really intended for people to max out any of the skills, so the skills aren't designed to be engaging that far into the game. I had a great time mining up to around level 55, but then suddenly it took 3 hours of constant clicking, and I mined fast enough that any sort of chatting was ruining my xp per hour. Once I started seeing runescape as a chat client with things to click on while you talk, I knew it was time to stop playing.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: February 22nd, 2012, 10:17 am 
Rsbandb Donor

PostPosted: February 22nd, 2012, 10:47 am 
Community Ambassador

RS Name: Lord Rickles
Sorry, I didn't know this was a complaining thread, though every thread appears to be as such around you guys.

I would love to see the skills increase to 120 as well. I think it eventually will happen, but maybe not for a few years or maybe gradually over the next few. I think this would ultimately allow Jagex to properly spread out and balance a large majority of skills that have grown and have had so much added over such a long time.

Voice chat in clan and friend chat is inevitable. Voice chat worldwide, no, for obvious reasons, and that wouldn't have any use. There is absolutely no reason why Jagex couldn't do this very soon if they really wished to. People seem to want it, too, so I think this will eventually happen.

PostPosted: February 22nd, 2012, 1:53 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Parselmouth
Clan Name: DGS
I for one actually don't want them to make every skill go to 120. I feel like this would force them to produce so much game content that doesn't actually add to the game itself, but just is there as filler because they decided to make the skills go to 120. Maybe in the future this could be a good idea, but at this point I don't think we are ready for such an expansion of the skill levels. I think what would be better would be a re-balance of the current skill levels. In my eyes, a lot of the way unlocking abilities in different skills is way out of wack. The fact that the best armour in the game (Nex Armour) only requires level 80 to wear is strange, yet once you achieve 99 smithing you can make gear that only requires 40 defense to wear. In these cases, I would like to see armour expansions for higher levels and a re-work of the unlocks of the smithing skill.

As for me, I am content with the content that is currently in the game, and will be until I have a completionist cape. I never find myself running out of things to do and genuinely enjoy every minute that I spend on RS, so I can't say that I want any more specific game content at this time.

To you silly geese, no they aren't going to shut down the game :P There are still plenty of people out there who enjoy it and are willing to pay to keep playing it. Just cause you have found it boring doesn't mean it is a bad game or has gotten worse in any way. You don't find enjoyment in training skills past a certain point or playing the game in general any more, then good for you. Just stop playing and move on, but you gain nothing by wishing a game to be shut down that is still enjoyed my thousands of people.

RSN: Parselmouth | Jaysawn on ********

PostPosted: February 22nd, 2012, 2:46 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

Jason wrote:
To you silly geese, no they aren't going to shut down the game :P There are still plenty of people out there who enjoy it and are willing to pay to keep playing it. Just cause you have found it boring doesn't mean it is a bad game or has gotten worse in any way. You don't find enjoyment in training skills past a certain point or playing the game in general any more, then good for you. Just stop playing and move on, but you gain nothing by wishing a game to be shut down that is still enjoyed my thousands of people.

My (and I assume Duke's) point was that it is being managed by money whoring fools now, and not the people who put their creativity and love into the game. Andrew and Paul are on the sidelines now, and not calling the shots. Jagex is owned by private investing groups that are looking to increase their bottom line.

I added in my beef with game play because it has changed/evolved since runescape came out, and runescape is a very different game now days. Do some mining or normal firemaking (tinderbox and logs), then go do ones of the last 5 skills in the skill tab, and tell me they are anything alike Slayer, Farming, Construction, Hunter, Summoning, and Dungeoneering are how all the skills should be, different, unique and varying in the training methods.

PostPosted: February 22nd, 2012, 2:54 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Azek
Jason wrote:
I for one actually don't want them to make every skill go to 120. I feel like this would force them to produce so much game content that doesn't actually add to the game itself, but just is there as filler because they decided to make the skills go to 120. Maybe in the future this could be a good idea, but at this point I don't think we are ready for such an expansion of the skill levels. I think what would be better would be a re-balance of the current skill levels. In my eyes, a lot of the way unlocking abilities in different skills is way out of wack. The fact that the best armour in the game (Nex Armour) only requires level 80 to wear is strange, yet once you achieve 99 smithing you can make gear that only requires 40 defense to wear. In these cases, I would like to see armour expansions for higher levels and a re-work of the unlocks of the smithing skill.

As for me, I am content with the content that is currently in the game, and will be until I have a completionist cape. I never find myself running out of things to do and genuinely enjoy every minute that I spend on RS, so I can't say that I want any more specific game content at this time.

I think I agree with pretty much all you have said. The problem with RS is that it does not have expansion packs, like WoW. Old content like the smithing table and mining really need revamps. make them more relevant to current RS.

PostPosted: February 22nd, 2012, 4:22 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Andymaster24
Clan Name: The Clueless Adventurers
I have two because frankly, two popped up in my head when I read the first post.

The first, being the most likely, would be for them to buff up the 90's range in skills. This gives much more reason and justification for leveling than this game used to have. There's still much to be done however it looks to me like they are already on this trend.

More far-fetched, I support skills actually to do to 126 at 200m xp and to have the xp needed for absolute max up to about 500m. This would make the high scores truly competitive again and would create a giant range to create more content in the future.

http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/Titanicus

PostPosted: February 22nd, 2012, 5:37 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

AndyMaster24 wrote:
I have two because frankly, two popped up in my head when I read the first post.
More far-fetched, I support skills actually to do to 126 at 200m xp and to have the xp needed for absolute max up to about 500m. This would make the high scores truly competitive again and would create a giant range to create more content in the future.

They'd have to make massive changes in the way XP works for this to happen. There is a reason why the max cash stack is such a weird number (2.1247b). XP has the same limitations, but seeing as there are things in-game that have decimal points worth of XP, it is stuck at 200m, or 200,000,000.0, so they can't go past 214,748,364.8 XP. Shane, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe runescape would have to drop support for 32-bit if they were to go past the 2.147 bil integer limit.

PostPosted: February 22nd, 2012, 7:05 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Andymaster24
Clan Name: The Clueless Adventurers
Thomas wrote:
AndyMaster24 wrote:

They'd have to make massive changes in the way XP works for this to happen. There is a reason why the max cash stack is such a weird number (2.1247b). XP has the same limitations, but seeing as there are things in-game that have decimal points worth of XP, it is stuck at 200m, or 200,000,000.0, so they can't go past 214,748,364.8 XP. Shane, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe runescape would have to drop support for 32-bit if they were to go past the 2.147 bil integer limit.

I'm not a programmer, but I'm pretty sure all the top players now already have total xp over 2.147B which it can show you in game while hovering over the total level. Therefor, they have the technology to go over that. At least as far as I know.

http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/Titanicus

PostPosted: February 22nd, 2012, 10:21 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

AndyMaster24 wrote:
Thomas wrote:
AndyMaster24 wrote:

I'm not a programmer, but I'm pretty sure all the top players now already have total xp over 2.147B which it can show you in game while hovering over the total level. Therefor, they have the technology to go over that. At least as far as I know.

If you remember, a while back jagex mentioned fixing a bug with Tears of Guthix, and this bug was caused by someone with more than 2.147b total xp. You can add and list a number infinitely long (assuming you have infinite disk space), but there are some situations where the number has to be under a certain amount, depending on the way it is stored.

PostPosted: February 22nd, 2012, 11:37 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Duke Juker
Clan Name: Clan Quest
trekkie wrote:
Keep in mind Bonsai, that is also coming from the same guy who had the worst goal thread in history.

First off, you are making an ad hominem fallacy aka attacking me rather than addressing the statement. Second, my goal thread is quite irrelevant to the topic. I have numerous reasons for wanting Runescape to go down. But, that's not what this thread is about. It's about what changes people want to see in RS. I gave my suggestion and that was that.

Lord Rickles wrote:
Sorry, I didn't know this was a complaining thread, though every thread appears to be as such around you guys.

Just to be clear, I wasn't complaining in my post. It was just the change I would like to see.

Jason wrote:

Obviously they won't shut it down, but it would honestly be a good thing. Again, I have my reasons, but that's not what this topic is about. What I will say is that I'm only suggesting it be shutdown.

Bottom line: While I agree that thousands of people still enjoy the game, I believe those players would benefit from "fresh air" as it were with the game getting shutdown.

82nd Dragon Member since 05/12/2010
RSBandB Member #517
Current Activities: Ports, Dailies/Monthlies, DXP
Skill Masteries: Firemaking, Cooking, Woodcutting, Fletching, Mining, Agility, Prayer, Smithing, Fishing, Summoning, Construction, Herblore, Hunter, Thieving, Crafting, Divination, Dungeoneering, Farming, Runecrafting, Slayer, Magic, Ranged, Defence, Constitution, Attack, Strength, Invention & 1st Max (3/9/19), Archaeology & 2nd Max (4/16/21), 200m Firemaking, Necromancy