Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: changes on RS
PostPosted: February 23rd, 2012, 10:25 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Azek
RS Status: P2P
Duke Juker wrote:
trekkie wrote:
Keep in mind Bonsai, that is also coming from the same guy who had the worst goal thread in history.

First off, you are making an ad hominem fallacy aka attacking me rather than addressing the statement. Second, my goal thread is quite irrelevant to the topic. I have numerous reasons for wanting Runescape to go down. But, that's not what this thread is about. It's about what changes people want to see in RS. I gave my suggestion and that was that.

Lord Rickles wrote:
Sorry, I didn't know this was a complaining thread, though every thread appears to be as such around you guys.

Just to be clear, I wasn't complaining in my post. It was just the change I would like to see.

Jason wrote:
To you silly geese, no they aren't going to shut down the game :P There are still plenty of people out there who enjoy it and are willing to pay to keep playing it. Just cause you have found it boring doesn't mean it is a bad game or has gotten worse in any way. You don't find enjoyment in training skills past a certain point or playing the game in general any more, then good for you. Just stop playing and move on, but you gain nothing by wishing a game to be shut down that is still enjoyed my thousands of people.

Obviously they won't shut it down, but it would honestly be a good thing. Again, I have my reasons, but that's not what this topic is about. What I will say is that I'm only suggesting it be shutdown.

Bottom line: While I agree that thousands of people still enjoy the game, I believe those players would benefit from "fresh air" as it were with the game getting shutdown.

I am a tad curious to your reasons? If RS were to be shut down, for your reason of "players needing fresh air" I would image they would not be inclined to do so, but rather find another game.

Also, almost all of the RSers I know have very active lives outside of RS. My RL friend and myself are both a year away from graduating college (University) both go to the gym 15 hours a week, I am in a fraternity and both of us work part time. Having a game shut down because you feel people need to get out more is a little vague and probably not a decent reason. If someone wants to not spend time doing other things, they wont. What median they choose to do so will always vary.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: February 23rd, 2012, 10:25 am 
Rsbandb Donor

PostPosted: February 23rd, 2012, 1:29 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Duke Juker
Clan Name: Clan Quest
The idea is that while they may choose to play another game, some won't and they will find something else to do. That alone is worth it. It's simply taking one option away. I'm sure we can at least agree that people spend too much time on video games already. Runescape is just one of many games that people spend a lot of time on.

In the case of your friends, I think that's a very special case which is unique to them. I doubt most RS gamers go to the gym for 15 hours a week. If I were to guess, I'd say the majority of them do not live particularly active lives. If we take into account the time people spend, I'd guess that people who spend more time (over 5-10 hours a week) on RS tend to lead less active lives than they otherwise could without playing RS.

If I were to sum up my views, it would be this:
It can't hurt to game less. I believe most people, at least on RS, spend too much time playing rather than living active, social, or meaningful lives.

82nd Dragon Member since 05/12/2010
RSBandB Member #517
Current Activities: Ports, Dailies/Monthlies, DXP
Skill Masteries: Firemaking, Cooking, Woodcutting, Fletching, Mining, Agility, Prayer, Smithing, Fishing, Summoning, Construction, Herblore, Hunter, Thieving, Crafting, Divination, Dungeoneering, Farming, Runecrafting, Slayer, Magic, Ranged, Defence, Constitution, Attack, Strength, Invention & 1st Max (3/9/19), Archaeology & 2nd Max (4/16/21), 200m Firemaking, Necromancy

PostPosted: February 23rd, 2012, 1:39 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Parselmouth
Clan Name: DGS
Duke Juker wrote:
. Runescape is just one of many games that people spend a lot of time on..

Lol, a lot of people spend a lot of time on many different games, there is no reason at all to single out rs.

Are you saying people that play rs are less socially or physically active than those who play any other video game? That's what I'm getting at least.

Also, who are you to tell people what to do with their time? I think you spend too much time on RsBandB every week and that time could be much better used doing anything else. <---- Your logic.

RSN: Parselmouth | Jaysawn on ********

PostPosted: February 23rd, 2012, 2:13 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Duke Juker
Clan Name: Clan Quest
Jason wrote:
Duke Juker wrote:
. Runescape is just one of many games that people spend a lot of time on..

Lol, a lot of people spend a lot of time on many different games, there is no reason at all to single out rs.

Are you saying people that play rs are less socially or physically active than those who play any other video game? That's what I'm getting at least.

Also, who are you to tell people what to do with their time? I think you spend too much time on RsBandB every week and that time could be much better used doing anything else. <---- Your logic.

It could be any game I singled out, but since this topic is about changes to RS, I think it fits perfectly with the topic.

I'm saying that I think/assume that most people who play RS would benefit from the game getting shutdown. They could spend the time they would have spent playing the game engaging in social or physical activities.

I'm not telling anyone they shouldn't play RS. I'm simply giving an idea for a change to the game. As for RSBandB, I could probably spend my time doing something better, though I would argue that time spent on RSBandB is different from time spent playing a video game. So your comparison is invalid.

Ultimately, there are some things that are a better use of time than other things. I believe that Runescape is relatively low on the totem pole in comparison to other activities and pursuits.

82nd Dragon Member since 05/12/2010
RSBandB Member #517
Current Activities: Ports, Dailies/Monthlies, DXP
Skill Masteries: Firemaking, Cooking, Woodcutting, Fletching, Mining, Agility, Prayer, Smithing, Fishing, Summoning, Construction, Herblore, Hunter, Thieving, Crafting, Divination, Dungeoneering, Farming, Runecrafting, Slayer, Magic, Ranged, Defence, Constitution, Attack, Strength, Invention & 1st Max (3/9/19), Archaeology & 2nd Max (4/16/21), 200m Firemaking, Necromancy

PostPosted: February 23rd, 2012, 5:57 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Wolf Solo
Clan Name: Keepers of Yggdrasil
I spend 10 hours a day standing, walking, going up and down stairs, or crawling inside an airplane. I don't get to sit down at all except for lunch. It's nice to be able to go home and sit down and play some RS, gives me time to relax and take my mind off things. Just because some people have no lives and/or don't know how to manage their time/addictions, doesn't mean the game should be shut down. Anything moderate is good, anything in excess is bad. People shouldn't drink that much either. Get where I am going?

I like my game time. But if friends call me, I press the power button and I grab my keys. Also, not everyone likes to go out and socialize. There are many different types of people out there, and to each their own.

RS where to shut down, they will all just move to another game. Once a gamer, always a gamer. Even if you don't have the time to play anymore.

ON TOPIC

I did like to see improvement to the runecrafting skill. It has taken me an eternity to get from 79-80. I don't think I will ever get to 99 the way the skill is now.