Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Maxed 5/15/15
PostPosted: May 15th, 2015, 8:22 pm 
Chat Moderator

RS Name: Arrkain
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: Overloaded XP
I would say that ever since I created my account back in October 2004 I always had the long term goal of maxing. However, when I first created my account back in the 7th grade it was out of absolute boredom and more or less in secret...

Spoiler for My RS Back Story:

My middle school friends were completely obsessed with RS and they wouldn't stop talking about it in the middle of class. I always used to make fun of them for how nerdy they were and how annoying it was every time they brought it up. One school night I decided to put down my Gameboy and hop on my dad's computer and create an account. The rest is history. I will admit that I was hooked within the first 10 minutes. After I arrived in Lumbridge from Tutorial Island (Rest in Peace) I instantly started mining southwest of Varrock. I could hardly sleep that night because I wanted to get to the next level of Mining to use a blue pickaxe. A few days later I decided to do a few quests, one of which was Rune Mysteries. After that, it took me a while but I stumbled across the air altar south of Falador (Rest in Peace). Inside there was a player that claimed he was trading 26 noted rune essence and 2k gp for 26 unnoted rune essence. I had been exposed to rune running merely days into my RuneScape career. I did about 4-5 runs and had amassed about 8k. At this point I had more money than all of my friends. This player has remained the first player on my friends list to this date aside from my 3 real life friends at the time. His account has since been name-wiped and is a series of random letters and numbers. About 4 or 5 months later I decide to cave into one of my real life friend's pressure and ask my mother to let me use her credit card to purchase membership for $5/mo. I remember the first thing I did was run north of Falador and cut down a tree and make arrow shafts. I remember it like it was yesterday. I was full on addicted to the game at this point. Shamelessly too. As of 2015, none of the friends I had in grade school play anymore except for me.

Fast forward to the beginning of high school, surely I won't be playing this game by the time I start high school, yet there I was still spending every night home from school grinding away at whatever skill I was interested in that week. I actually met my friend Scott in my business class that used to play RuneScape but had since "graduated" to WoW. We always used to talk before and after class about how we were going to get 99 Smithing. We would write down notes and calculations and figure out how we were going to fund it and what we were going to make, etc. It was a nice pastime for my first year of high school. Towards the end of freshman year I met another guy, Brian, who is my best friend still, in my geometry class and I guess he overheard me in a conversation about RS. We had been talking as friends on Yahoo Messenger before then, but later that summer he mentioned that he had created an account. Naturally we both spent our days and nights outside of school on RuneScape and Yahoo Messenger being completely obsessed with grinding and playing and discussing RS. The following autumn I stumbled across a weekly RuneScape podcast called RSBandB Update! I downloaded a few episodes to my 2nd gen click wheel iPod before going on a trip and listened to it. It fascinated me that there were other people as passionate about my favorite game as much as I was. I created an account on the forums and quickly made some new friends and welcomed new members once I became "established". I was well received and really enjoyed the community environment. Although most of the people I became great friends with don't come around RSBandB or RS anymore, I'm still friends with them via other means and we still talk. This community environment gave me more drive to play and achieve my in-game goals. In 2008, I was cutting magic logs just south of Seers Village partaking in the usual "where is everyone from" discussion. Everyone rattled off states and someone mentioned "Illinois." This obviously grabbed my attention since I live there as well. I asked this player specifically what city he was from (fully expecting Chicago because according to the rest of the world there is nothing else in Illinois). He mentioned a town that is literally 15 minutes away from me so I added him to my friends list and we chatted for months. Fast forward another year and he told me him and a friend were headed up to a local IHOP for dinner and I should join. Meeting up with people you meet online is dangerous kids. I do not condone this. However, I agreed to meet them for dinner. We have been best friends ever since. I still regularly hang out with them once or twice a week. That being said and without being too sentimental it's kind of crazy how much of an impact this game has had on my life. For nearly the whole "journey" I've been a part of this great community and the only people I hang out with IRL on a regular basis I met somehow or another through RS. Brian, the friend I met in freshman geometry, maxed back in 2010. Of course the person I introduce to RuneScape maxes almost twice as fast as me, but I've also taken quite a few breaks. I'm actually typing and posting this from Brian's house right now. I found it appropriate to max while hanging out with him.

Anyway, I wasn't really "efficient" for my first 4 years of playing. I was constantly hopping from skill to skill and not really focusing on anything in particular. I remember the Grand Exchange release and because of that I didn't really have a steady way to make money since I used to merchant at World 2 Fally Park. Slayer was an option, but I also caught wind of Runecrafting double Natures for insane profit. New Years 2007 to 2008 I pulled an all-nighter and crafted over 12k law runes during my session. I guess you could say this was my inception into Runecrafting. I soon found out that it was a very rare skill meaning that not many people had the cape at the time. This also appealed to me and gave me the driving force to get to 91 and then eventually 99. Summer of 2008 I slaved away at ZMI and after about 3 months or so I had acheived 91 only pulling about 45-70k per night or something. I remember it being around 27-30k/hr. Once I started making double natures I saved up the money and eventually got 99 Smithing in early 2009. My first 99. Untrimmed Smithing. Remember me mentioning how Scott and I wanted Smithing to be our first 99? Well I got it and he hasn't touched RS since freshman year of high school. After that, I went ahead and finished off 99 RC. At that point I had set the long-term goal to get 99 in every skill one day. This was long before Max Cape was even released too. I've taken many breaks for real life reasons or to play other games and other MMOs but have never been able to let myself quit RS. This past February during the Bonus XP Weekend I put my foot down and told myself that I was going to max on or before May 15th of this year because if I kept taking breaks it would never happen. As you'll see by some of the stats and dates I'm going to share I've gotten almost half of my 99s in the past 3 months. It's kind of an unreal feeling to be finally maxed in a game that I pretty much grew up with. Here I am approaching my third year of being finished with university, and I'm still loving the game as much as I did when I started. Who would have thought? Anyway, enough jabbering and onto the juicy part.

Account Creation: October 2, 2004
Date of Maxing: May 15, 2015
Total Playtime: 275 Days / 4 Hours (6,604 Hours)
Account Age: 10 Years, 7 Months, 14 Days (3878 Days or 93,072 Hours)
Total EXP at Max: 380,424,591
Average Overall EXP/hr: ~57.6k (57,605.177)
Rank at Max: 33,351
7.1% time played during my account's life
3.2% of my entire life (from birth until today) has been spent playing RuneScape

Skills & Dates Achieved (Screenshots)

Spoiler for Smithing FEB 1, 2009 :

Couldn't find Smithing, Runecrafting, Construction, or Firemaking!

Spoiler for Runecrafting APR 9, 2009:

Spoiler for Construction OCT 22, 2009:

Spoiler for Mining JAN 30, 2011:

Spoiler for Cooking MAY 21, 2011:

Spoiler for Fletching NOV 28, 2011:

Spoiler for Defense JUL 4, 2012 :

Spoiler for Ranged OCT 24, 2012:

Spoiler for HP OCT 24, 2012:

Spoiler for Attack JAN 1, 2013:

Spoiler for Firemaking DEC 31, 2013:

Spoiler for Summoning FEB 21, 2014 :

Spoiler for Magic FEB 26, 2014:

Spoiler for Prayer MAR 31, 2014 :

Spoiler for Herblore JUL 25, 2014:

Spoiler for Crafting AUG 18, 2014 :

Spoiler for Strength FEB 13, 2015:

Spoiler for Slayer FEB 16, 2015 :

Spoiler for Hunter MAR 4, 2015:

Spoiler for Farming MAR 12, 2015:

Spoiler for Agility MAR 14, 2015 :

Spoiler for Theiving MAR 21, 2015 :

Spoiler for Divination APR 3, 2015:

Spoiler for Woodcutting APR 11, 2015:

Spoiler for Fishing APR 19, 2015 :

Spoiler for Dungeoneering MAY 15, 2015:

What's next? Well I plan to take a little bit of a break over the summer at least. But I do plan on comping. No definite verdict on Trimmed Comp yet. Most likely no, but it's always something to work towards I guess. I would like a few 120s other than DG, but that isn't really a priority at this point. I can't say I'll update this thread super regularly with my progress to comp, but you might find me updating it from time to time. Feel free to ask anything you'd like to know about my RS Career so far or share any memories you had on your road to maxing.

| Combat - 138 | Total - 2695+ | Overall XP - 612m+ |
| RuneWire | My Twitter | My YouTube | My Twitch |
~17,365th to Max
51515 -> 22216
Image Image

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: May 15th, 2015, 8:22 pm 
Chat Moderator

Post subject: Re: Maxed 5/15/15
PostPosted: May 20th, 2015, 12:08 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Duke Juker
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: Clan Quest
Good job, Davo. Big accomplishment. So, going outside to get some fresh air finally? :P

82nd Dragon Member since 05/12/2010
RSBandB Member #517
Current Activities: Ports, Dailies/Monthlies, DXP
Skill Masteries: Firemaking, Cooking, Woodcutting, Fletching, Mining, Agility, Prayer, Smithing, Fishing, Summoning, Construction, Herblore, Hunter, Thieving, Crafting, Divination, Dungeoneering, Farming, Runecrafting, Slayer, Magic, Ranged, Defence, Constitution, Attack, Strength, Invention & 1st Max (3/9/19), Archaeology & 2nd Max (4/16/21), 200m Firemaking, Necromancy

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Forum Index » RuneScape » Goals & Accomplishments » Maxed 5/15/15 Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]