Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Change the BitsBytes Emblem?
PostPosted: July 14th, 2011, 12:03 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Estor
RS Status: Retired
Sorry if this is sort-of a whiny thread but I was just wondering if we could change the clan flag (thing). I just find the farming icon unrelated and the other thing is a random symbol. What I propose is we keep the dark blue and black background colours but instead for the first emblem we have a red Runefest dragon (to show we are a community clan) and a gray castle below (I don't know what it could symbolize, maybe power, having loyal members or having lots of members that are members [members that have runescape membership]).
Thanks for reading guys. Let me know below on what you think on my emblem, maybe what you'd want it to be, or if you would like the emblem to stay the same. Thanks! :D

ImageImage

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: July 14th, 2011, 12:03 pm 
Runite Member

Post subject: Re: Change the BitsBytes Emblem?
PostPosted: July 14th, 2011, 12:59 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Skype Jay
RS Status: F2P
The top emblem was chosen by Shane and the bottom by Mike: http://www.rsbandb.com/runewire/replies/164031
Knowing Shane chose the farming emblem, it's not so unrelated. XD And the fleur de lis isn't a random symbol... I don't know the specific reason it was chosen though. Maybe to show Québec separatist pride to annoy Shane (JUST KIDDING.) But I dunno why you would want to replace the symbol that you feel is random with another random symbol.

And I dunno about the community clan thing when it's hard enough to get people to come to events. LOL

But I'm assuming the cape hasn't changed since Mike's RW post because I havne't actually seen it recently. But if it is till the same I will say that the colours are kind of mismatching lolll.

PostPosted: July 14th, 2011, 1:31 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Evalithia
RS Status: P2P
I knew Shane was involved in the choosing of the farming icon.

PostPosted: July 14th, 2011, 2:01 pm 
Runite Member

^ Okay that makes a bit more sense, I figured the farming thing was because of shane. I just don't like the one we currently have :|

ImageImage

PostPosted: July 14th, 2011, 2:03 pm 
Site Owner

RS Name: shane12088
The clan emblem was a combined effort between Mike and myself. I'm not changing my icon. We set the clan up, we decide what icons we want for it. I don't think Mike has any plans to change his but that's up to him.

PostPosted: July 14th, 2011, 2:09 pm 
Site Owner

RS Name: mike12088
Clan Name: Bits and Bytes
The Fleur-de-lis is a symbol of honour and is easily recognizable as to what it is on the cape when it's on the cape. Many of the symbols available to choose from appear too blurry to even tell what they are when they are on the cape. I would rather have a dragon on the cape, but the dragons available to choose from just do not look that great on the capes.

I don't see what's wrong with the colours. A large majority of the capes I see have gray and red symbols; do we want our cape to look like everyone else's?

However, I really don't care what our cape looks like. In my opinion, all the combinations of clan capes are ugly and there is very little reason to use one when there are better capes available in both looks and stats.

If we were to change my icon though, there would have to be some consensus among more than a just a couple people who are in the clan.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: July 14th, 2011, 2:09 pm 
Site Owner

PostPosted: July 14th, 2011, 2:12 pm 
Runite Member

^ Well I guess I have my answer. :|

ImageImage

PostPosted: July 14th, 2011, 2:56 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Duke Juker
Clan Name: Clan Quest
Mike wrote:
The Fleur-de-lis is a symbol of honour and is easily recognizable as to what it is on the cape when it's on the cape. Many of the symbols available to choose from appear too blurry to even tell what they are when they are on the cape. I would rather have a dragon on the cape, but the dragons available to choose from just do not look that great on the capes.

I don't see what's wrong with the colours. A large majority of the capes I see have gray and red symbols; do we want our cape to look like everyone else's?

However, I really don't care what our cape looks like. In my opinion, all the combinations of clan capes are ugly and there is very little reason to use one when there are better capes available in both looks and stats.

If we were to change my icon though, there would have to be some consensus among more than a just a couple people who are in the clan.

Isn't the Fleur-de-lis also a symbol of France? Need I say more about the connotations that brings to mind (at least my mind)? xD

The cape makes sense. It could probably look better, but I think it makes perfect sense and looks good as is.

82nd Dragon Member since 05/12/2010
RSBandB Member #517
Current Activities: Ports, Dailies/Monthlies, DXP
Skill Masteries: Firemaking, Cooking, Woodcutting, Fletching, Mining, Agility, Prayer, Smithing, Fishing, Summoning, Construction, Herblore, Hunter, Thieving, Crafting, Divination, Dungeoneering, Farming, Runecrafting, Slayer, Magic, Ranged, Defence, Constitution, Attack, Strength, Invention & 1st Max (3/9/19), Archaeology & 2nd Max (4/16/21), 200m Firemaking, Necromancy

PostPosted: July 14th, 2011, 4:27 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

Duke Juker wrote:
Isn't the Fleur-de-lis also a symbol of France? Need I say more about the connotations that brings to mind (at least my mind)? xD

Well at least its not the red, white and blue... uhm, of Montréal Canadiens, of course... yeah......

PostPosted: July 14th, 2011, 5:06 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

Warren wrote:
Duke Juker wrote:

Well at least its not the red, white and blue... uhm, of Montréal Canadiens, of course... yeah......

Red, white and blue? What does that exactly mean? And Quebec was a French settlement. So, of course...Where were you going with this?

RSBandB Member #517
Skill Masteries: Firemaking, Cooking, Woodcutting, Fletching, Mining, Agility, Prayer, Smithing, Fishing, Summoning, Construction, Herblore, Hunter, Thieving, Crafting, Divination, Dungeoneering, Farming, Runecrafting, Slayer, Magic, Ranged, Defence, Constitution, Attack, Strength, Invention & 1st Max (3/9/19), Archaeology & 2nd Max (4/16/21), 200m Firemaking, Necromancy

PostPosted: July 14th, 2011, 5:46 pm 

RS Name: King Kulla
Duke Juker wrote:
Red, white and blue? What does that exactly mean?

Anyhow, I think the cape colours look fine, the farming icon kind of stands out awkwardly, but hey, it's Runescape graphics. :P

PostPosted: July 14th, 2011, 9:11 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

You know what else is red, white, and blue?

Anyways...

RSBandB Member #517

PostPosted: July 14th, 2011, 9:24 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

You know what else is red white and blue?

You know what ELSE are red white and blue?

But the only thing I don't like about the clan cape is the green of the farming icon. But whatever, 65% of RSBANDB loves it's farming and that is a majority.

PostPosted: July 14th, 2011, 10:00 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Pengu i n
I think the real problem with the emblem is its lack of penguins.

Content Crew Oct 26, 2009 - Nov 22, 2012

PostPosted: July 15th, 2011, 6:28 am 
Chat Moderator

RS Name: Uncle Dano
Clan Name: Knights of Honour
It certainly is up to the Clan Owners to decide what is best for the clan that they set up. Totally up to their discretion as to what the motif looks like, the colours, how involved the clan is, etc. There is only 1 question that remains:

How much will you charge for a night at the Bits and Bytes French B&B Citadel? LOL Just had to throw that in there. Hehehe.

Web: Uncle Dano's RS Wiki | RS Hiscores: Uncle Dano