Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Informer Suggestion
PostPosted: April 12th, 2011, 1:27 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Duke Juker
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: Clan Quest
I was just thinking. Instead of posting new articles for the informer under the main page of the site, why not also publish the articles here on the forums under the Informer section? Seems like they would get a lot more notice and views than when only on the main page. Just a thought.

82nd Dragon Member since 05/12/2010
RSBandB Member #517
Current Activities: Ports, Dailies/Monthlies, DXP
Skill Masteries: Firemaking, Cooking, Woodcutting, Fletching, Mining, Agility, Prayer, Smithing, Fishing, Summoning, Construction, Herblore, Hunter, Thieving, Crafting, Divination, Dungeoneering, Farming, Runecrafting, Slayer, Magic, Ranged, Defence, Constitution, Attack, Strength, Invention & 1st Max (3/9/19), Archaeology & 2nd Max (4/16/21), 200m Firemaking, Necromancy

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: April 12th, 2011, 1:27 am 
Rsbandb Donor

Post subject: Re: Informer Suggestion
PostPosted: April 12th, 2011, 4:45 am 
Site Owner

RS Name: shane12088
We're in the process of discussing something similar to this. Good to know that it will be well received by the public :).

If you have any suggestions as to how it could work, please post them.

PostPosted: April 12th, 2011, 7:26 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Duke Juker
Clan Name: Clan Quest
I just thought something really simple. Normally, the Informer section of the forums seems underused. I figure if you post the articles of your Informer staff under that section of the forums, more people will see it. It feels like most people never go to read the articles or give feedback and, if that's the case, I think publishing them on the forums as well as on the main site would be a good thing. Didn't really think of anything beyond that.

82nd Dragon Member since 05/12/2010
RSBandB Member #517
Current Activities: Ports, Dailies/Monthlies, DXP
Skill Masteries: Firemaking, Cooking, Woodcutting, Fletching, Mining, Agility, Prayer, Smithing, Fishing, Summoning, Construction, Herblore, Hunter, Thieving, Crafting, Divination, Dungeoneering, Farming, Runecrafting, Slayer, Magic, Ranged, Defence, Constitution, Attack, Strength, Invention & 1st Max (3/9/19), Archaeology & 2nd Max (4/16/21), 200m Firemaking, Necromancy

PostPosted: April 18th, 2011, 3:18 am 
Iron Member

RS Name: Peler
This is a great idea. I wrote an informer article late last year and I would have been over the moon if I could've got that little bit more publicity. I'm sure that many people will support this motive in the future.

PostPosted: April 19th, 2011, 9:00 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Skype Jay
RS Status: F2P
I have a better informer suggestion. Remove it... like everything else. Not really BUT THERE IS A COMMENT SECTION ON THE INFORMER!

Jk but in all honesty I don't think there will be much discussion even if they're posted on the forum

PostPosted: April 19th, 2011, 10:34 pm 
Runite Member

RS Status: Classic
Really the content crew would be better to go than informer.. Never seen Warren or anyone from that position do much

Jk!! Haha see what I did there love ya Warren!! ;) but yea would really like to see this done (the articles I mean.) I always check new posts to see any interesting threads I can post on and adding articles to that list would get me and probably others to look at them more.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: April 19th, 2011, 10:34 pm 
Runite Member

PostPosted: April 20th, 2011, 12:01 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Skype Jay
RS Status: F2P
While some people don't do much besides taking credit for others work on it, there are others that have actually put work into it but it's not like the MIRACULOUS SITE CONTROL PANEL wooo is open for everyone? So yeah duh you won't see what any of them has done since 2008 (im not saying its much) until anything is coded... and I'm sorry that I don't know how to code? Seriously lol
But when things don't do well they have generally been removed so it's not hard to see the possibility of it eventually ceasing dunno why you have to bring mike jay shwa earth davo jaon and I into your perish when the cc is INDESTRUCTIBLE... maybe.

But I'm not saying putting the articles on the forum is a bad thing I'm just saying don't get excited that many people will start to read them

PostPosted: April 20th, 2011, 9:12 am 
Runite Member

RS Status: Classic
Warren wrote:
While some people don't do much besides taking credit for others work on it, there are others that have actually put work into it but it's not like the MIRACULOUS SITE CONTROL PANEL wooo is open for everyone? So yeah duh you won't see what any of them has done since 2008 (im not saying its much) until anything is coded... and I'm sorry that I don't know how to code? Seriously lol
But when things don't do well they have generally been removed so it's not hard to see the possibility of it eventually ceasing dunno why you have to bring mike jay shwa earth davo jaon and I into your perish when the cc is INDESTRUCTIBLE... maybe.

But I'm not saying putting the articles on the forum is a bad thing I'm just saying don't get excited that many people will start to read them

lol i know i was just kidding like i said :P theres alot of back end work you guys do that the non content crew people cant see (or i think like you said.. that doesnt come out)

PostPosted: April 20th, 2011, 9:34 am 
Cleverly Disguised Spammer

RS Name: Piratesock
Clan Name: The Mushroom Pirate Federation
You'd be better off posting them in forum areas best fitting for them. I wouldn't visit the informer bit. If you put your non-gaming article in non-rs gaming it'd get my notice a lot quicker.