Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: How can I get an items from the other players as lendable?
PostPosted: February 20th, 2010, 10:53 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Owen1892
RS Status: P2P
Cnbc-e985 wrote:
I'll get it next time. But I'm not a P2P, so I'll add you when I'm back on March 2010. Can I sell it on the Grand Exchange during lending the item for 1-24 hours?

You cannot sell the item/take the item away/make it yours while you're borrowing something. Unless you're a hacker that is. :P It disappears and returns to the owner after 24 hours.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: February 20th, 2010, 10:53 pm 
Dragon Member

PostPosted: February 20th, 2010, 11:29 pm 
Mithril Member

RS Name: Davos2010
Clan Name: Rsbandb
There is also as "Until Log Out".

~Warrior for Life~ ~Mining for Life~

PostPosted: February 21st, 2010, 2:46 am 
Adamantite Member

RS Name: Rodsay
Cnbc-e985 wrote:
I'll get it next time. But I'm not a P2P, so I'll add you when I'm back on March 2010. Can I sell it on the Grand Exchange during lending the item for 1-24 hours?

cnbc - you can't sell an item which you have borrowed.

The item is never yours to keep or to sell. It still belongs to the person who loaned it to you and returns to a special box on the Grand Exchange for the owner to collect.

Do try out borrowing something for 1 hour maybe so you can see how it works.

As I posted earlier, it is a good way to see if you like an item well enough to buy your own.

PostPosted: February 21st, 2010, 8:25 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Tim2
RS Status: Retired
Clan Name: Bits and Bytes
You can borrow selected items from other players. Those items can be lent from 1-24 hours, or you can lend for "until logout" and with that, you can lend that item until either of you log out. When you have "Until logout" you can use the item on the person who lent it to you and it will give them that item back.

/ August '15 (Fishing) \

/ Skiller of the Year Wins - 2009 | 2015 \
/ Informer Runescape Writer from 01/27/09 to 9/27/12 | 80th Dragon Member | RSBandB donator \
/Global Moderator April 1st, 2015 - April 1st, 2015\
/ 842 to 99 Dungeoneering & First RSBandBer to 99 Dungeoneering \

PostPosted: February 21st, 2010, 8:32 pm 
Mithril Member

There is a World 2 on a Members' World, which lots of peoples are trading on the other players as lendable or buy something on the Grand Exchange.

PostPosted: February 21st, 2010, 8:37 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Tim2
RS Status: Retired
Clan Name: Bits and Bytes
Cnbc-e985 wrote:
There is a World 2 on a Members' World, which lots of peoples are trading on the other players as lendable or buy something on the Grand Exchange.

Not to sound mean, but are you even reading all of our other posts? We are telling you what you need to know about lending. World 2 you can find someone lending something but it's going to cost you. most of the time 100k and up per hour. So make sure you have junk items you can trade with if your going to do that.

/ August '15 (Fishing) \

/ Skiller of the Year Wins - 2009 | 2015 \
/ Informer Runescape Writer from 01/27/09 to 9/27/12 | 80th Dragon Member | RSBandB donator \
/Global Moderator April 1st, 2015 - April 1st, 2015\
/ 842 to 99 Dungeoneering & First RSBandBer to 99 Dungeoneering \

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: February 21st, 2010, 8:37 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

PostPosted: February 21st, 2010, 8:39 pm 
Mithril Member

Lendable or borrowing items are free.

PostPosted: February 22nd, 2010, 1:49 am 
Runite Member

RS Name: d4fin0
Clan Name: blurblue
Edit:

As has been said in previous replies. Items are lendable for 1-24 hours.

Cheers, dafin0 :lol:

p.s. how come what is stated above off topic [-X . I saw that i made the mistake in what i previously wrote. and i've edited my message correctly.

Last edited by dafin0 on February 23rd, 2010, 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: February 22nd, 2010, 3:23 am 
Adamantite Member

Dafino - if 'YOU' have borrowed an item for a set time or until logout , it does indeed 'disappear' from your inventory. It returns to a special collection box on Grand exchange where the 'OWNER' picks it up on their next visit.

Like Mli I am wondering f you actually read the responses.

Cnbc - items may be lent free or the owners may make a charge, either a single amount or by the hour charge; essentially this is renting or hiring out the item rather than lending/borrowing but the process is the same.

PostPosted: February 22nd, 2010, 3:33 am 
Mithril Member

Dragon pickaxe is an example of a lendable from other players.

PostPosted: February 22nd, 2010, 4:22 am 
Adamantite Member

OT :D
lol - just for you @dafino - <<returns from running round room screaming>>

edit: the above OT was posted after I got and replied to your PM - had not seen your edit then - it was meant to amuse you after I (and you presumably) had seen the next post in the saga - PAX?

Last edited by Rodsay on February 26th, 2010, 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: February 22nd, 2010, 4:34 am 
Mithril Member

Rodsay wrote:
OT :D
lol - just for you @dafino - <<returns from running round room screaming>>

What do you mean "OT"?

PostPosted: February 22nd, 2010, 4:40 am 
Adamantite Member

Quote:
...What do you mean "OT"?

OT <=> Off topic

means I am not replying or responding to the main theme of the thread

PostPosted: February 22nd, 2010, 7:13 am 
Dragon Member

RS Status: Classic
Cnbc-e985 wrote:

I don't want to sound rude but if you're answering your own questions why did you make this topic?

Like earth said on the first page, all information about item lending can be found on the official runescape knowledge base.
Its easy as that. All you have to do is READ.
Click here to open Runescape - How to start trading

Open the following spoiler for quoted information:
Spoiler for Item lending info:

Lending Items

Item Lending is a great way for you to help out your friends. You can lend out a wide range of handy items, including many of RuneScape's best weapons and armour.

Note that no item can be 'lost' by lending it out, since the owner of the item will always be able to retrieve it.

To begin lending someone an item, you can right-click on the item while the trade interface is open and select 'Lend'. Click here to see a complete list of all of the items you can lend.

When you offer to loan the item to your trading partner, you will see that item appear in the 'Loan' box. You can adjust how long the loan will last by right-clicking the duration in the interface and selecting to have it returned when one of you logs out, or for it to be returned after a set number of hours (up to 24).

* Until log-out
The item will remain with your friend until one of you logs out of the game or they claim it back using the Returned Items Box (see 'Collecting your item'). You will be informed if they log out and told that you can collect it by talking to a banker. If you log out, the item will be taken off them and left with a banker for you to collect it when you log back in. The borrower can also return an item by using it on the lender, which will put it into the owner's inventory.

* For 'x' hours
If you lend it to a friend for a number of hours, you will be unable to get the item back until that time has ended. You can change how long 'x' is, between 1 and 24 hours, by right-clicking the item and entering a number between 1 and 24. The borrower cannot return the item until the specified time has expired.

When you've chosen how long you want to lend it to your friend for, you can complete your trade as normal (note that loaning items has no affect on trade balance, as the item is not being permanently transferred).

Collecting your Item
To collect your item from the bank, simply chat to a banker. If you have an item waiting for you, they'll tell you that you can collect it. When you see the chat options, you can choose to say "I'd like to see my Returned Items box", which will bring up a small interface that you can use to collect the item and put it into your inventory.

PostPosted: February 25th, 2010, 4:05 am 
Mithril Member

Alex_SE wrote:
Cnbc-e985 wrote:

I don't want to sound rude but if you're answering your own questions why did you make this topic?

Like earth said on the first page, all information about item lending can be found on the official runescape knowledge base.
Its easy as that. All you have to do is READ.
Click here to open Runescape - How to start trading

Open the following spoiler for quoted information:
Spoiler for Item lending info:

Lending Items

Item Lending is a great way for you to help out your friends. You can lend out a wide range of handy items, including many of RuneScape's best weapons and armour.

Note that no item can be 'lost' by lending it out, since the owner of the item will always be able to retrieve it.

To begin lending someone an item, you can right-click on the item while the trade interface is open and select 'Lend'. Click here to see a complete list of all of the items you can lend.

When you offer to loan the item to your trading partner, you will see that item appear in the 'Loan' box. You can adjust how long the loan will last by right-clicking the duration in the interface and selecting to have it returned when one of you logs out, or for it to be returned after a set number of hours (up to 24).

* Until log-out
The item will remain with your friend until one of you logs out of the game or they claim it back using the Returned Items Box (see 'Collecting your item'). You will be informed if they log out and told that you can collect it by talking to a banker. If you log out, the item will be taken off them and left with a banker for you to collect it when you log back in. The borrower can also return an item by using it on the lender, which will put it into the owner's inventory.

* For 'x' hours
If you lend it to a friend for a number of hours, you will be unable to get the item back until that time has ended. You can change how long 'x' is, between 1 and 24 hours, by right-clicking the item and entering a number between 1 and 24. The borrower cannot return the item until the specified time has expired.

When you've chosen how long you want to lend it to your friend for, you can complete your trade as normal (note that loaning items has no affect on trade balance, as the item is not being permanently transferred).

Collecting your Item
To collect your item from the bank, simply chat to a banker. If you have an item waiting for you, they'll tell you that you can collect it. When you see the chat options, you can choose to say "I'd like to see my Returned Items box", which will bring up a small interface that you can use to collect the item and put it into your inventory.

Ahhh. Thats correct! After lending the items, the other players will buy another one on the Grand Exchange.