Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: The Hobbit
PostPosted: November 21st, 2012, 2:09 am 
Runite Member

RS Name: VeggieEaterr
RS Status: Classic
Who is excited for The Hobbit?!!

So I realize the forums are pretty dead now, but The Hobbit is something worth talking about!

I'm a little worried they decided to split it up into three separate movies but as a huge Lord of the Rings fan, I completely trust Peter Jackson so I'm not too bothered by it.

Also I'm not a huge fan how they decided to portray the dwarves. The makeup is much more 'cartoon-y' than what they did in Lord of the Rings but then again The Hobbit is a much lighter read than LOTR and was meant to be more whimsical.

However, all qualms aside I am super excited for the movie! I work at a movie theater (we can see movies for free) so I'm definitely seeing it at least 25 times in theaters. It may sound crazy but I've seen each LOTR movie over 300 times. I even have a LOTR vinyl sticker on my car. And my laptop.. And posters all around my room.. And so forth. I'm pretty much the biggest LOTR fan you'll ever talk to.

But I'm excited to see how everyone else feels about it! Although I'm not expecting too many responses due to the lack of activity of the forums, but still, The Hobbit is definitely worth posting about.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: November 21st, 2012, 2:09 am 
Runite Member

Post subject: Re: The Hobbit
PostPosted: November 21st, 2012, 9:18 am 

RS Name: j1j2j3
RS Status: P2P
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=83899

been there done that.

dwarves need to shave.

PostPosted: November 21st, 2012, 3:49 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Sky Jace
Veggie Eater wrote:
It may sound crazy but I've seen each LOTR movie over 300 times. I even have a LOTR vinyl sticker on my car. And my laptop.. And posters all around my room.. And so forth. I'm pretty much the biggest LOTR fan you'll ever talk to.

Hello, you sound like me :P I'm not putting any judgment on the movie or what they decided to do with it until I see it. Splitting it up may have been for monetary reasons, but at least now they'll have plenty of time to flesh out everything in the book. I for one am most ready to go back to Middle Earth.

Dragon Member #90

PostPosted: November 22nd, 2012, 8:53 am 

i guess the first part of the movie will be just leaving the shire.... making 3 movies out of this one seems like a joke. the book itself is pretty short.

PostPosted: November 22nd, 2012, 9:47 am 
Runite Member

Well I know they're adding a few scenes that were not in the book. For example, they're adding Legolas and Galadriel into the Hobbit movie but they were not in the Hobbit book. I also heard they're adding scenes that show what Gandalf is up to when he leaves the company to go on 'wizard business'.

Yeah it can be unfortunate when scenes are added to a movie that were not originally in the book, but they did the same with the Lord of the Rings trilogy and they did a great job with it. You can tell Peter Jackson and Fran Walsh are fans of the book and they do their best to create amazing movies out of them. Peter Jackson will not release a movie that he's not completely satisfied with and that's enough for me not to worry.

Also I don't know if any of you have noticed but Peter Jackson has been releasing behind the scenes videos on his facebook page. They're really interesting to watch and he has 8 of them posted, all of them over 10 minutes long!

PostPosted: November 22nd, 2012, 10:08 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Azek
Holly **** it's you!

I was looking forward to the movie, then I found out over 20 animals died in the making of The Hobbit :( I thought you may want to know that Veggie as a fellow vegetarian.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: November 22nd, 2012, 10:08 am 
Rsbandb Donor

PostPosted: November 22nd, 2012, 10:40 am 
Runite Member

Ranging God wrote:
Holly **** it's you!

Haha yes, it's me! :)

I heard about the animal deaths as well and was originally concerned, but apparently PETA was behind some of the allegations as well as animal wranglers that had been fired from production. We all know how extreme PETA is and can't really take what they say seriously as well as spiteful workers that had been fired.

Here's a link to the news article I read that discussed the allegations against the film:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertain ... 1121,0,2459255.story

PostPosted: November 23rd, 2012, 5:32 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Punisher1288
Clan Name: The Cookie Armada
I'm pumped for the Hobbit! Hopefully it sticks pretty close with the book, I've got faith in Peter Jackson for that.

*Member #514*
*Rsbandb Donor*

PostPosted: November 24th, 2012, 1:50 pm 
Site Owner

RS Name: mike12088
Clan Name: Bits and Bytes
Veggie Eater wrote:
Also I'm not a huge fan how they decided to portray the dwarves. The makeup is much more 'cartoon-y' than what they did in Lord of the Rings but then again The Hobbit is a much lighter read than LOTR and was meant to be more whimsical.

That bothers me as well with the look of the movie.

I am not as big of fans of the series as you guys (I haven't yet read the books) but I will probably see it. I saw all the other Lord of the Rings movies in theatres and enjoyed them.

PostPosted: November 27th, 2012, 10:51 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Jade Gizmo
Clan Name: Pawscape
I for one have never seen any of the ring movies, bit shocking seeing as I'm the big geek that I am.
Was told by someone who wants to go see the Hobbit with me (not my choice) that it's a prequel to the Lord of the Rings movie and that it's probably better that I see this one before.

Yay or Nay?

Probably won't even see it but for future reference if I did, which series should I bother with first?

Probably the Rings I'm now thinking since the 3rd one won't be out till, I don't know. 2020. :wink:

PostPosted: November 28th, 2012, 12:49 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Sparty Pants
I've only just watched that The Fellowship of the Ring for the first time. Haha.

PostPosted: December 1st, 2012, 5:15 am 
Runite Member

RS Name: blethorskite
Clan Name: Fealty Stars
Hadn't took much not of this coming out, but three movies. As trekkie mentioned its a short book.

ImageImage

PostPosted: December 1st, 2012, 6:43 pm 

Sunset Fish wrote:
I for one have never seen any of the ring movies, bit shocking seeing as I'm the big geek that I am.
Was told by someone who wants to go see the Hobbit with me (not my choice) that it's a prequel to the Lord of the Rings movie and that it's probably better that I see this one before.

Yay or Nay?

Probably won't even see it but for future reference if I did, which series should I bother with first?

Probably the Rings I'm now thinking since the 3rd one won't be out till, I don't know. 2020. :wink:

ummm i would watch the 3 main movies first. if you want them to be in order, then yes watch the hobbit but since there are going to be 3 movies, you're going to be watching lotr by the time you have grandchildren.

i read the 3 main books before going into the hobbit. it actually was better because there are some surprises that you would only get if you watch or read the big three.

PostPosted: December 2nd, 2012, 11:33 am 
Runite Member

I would definitely watch the Lord of the Rings trilogy first!! They're so good!!

Also, they're going to be releasing the Hobbit movies in a timely manner as they did with the Lord of the Rings trilogy. They're releasing the first one Dec 2012, second one Dec 2013, and they're trying to release the 3rd one in the summer 2014. We won't have to wait forever for all three to come out.

I actually just watched all three Lord of the Rings movies on the big screen at the movie theater. We had an employee screening of each show after hours and we watched the extended blu ray editions! I was so excited!! I'm so pumped for the Hobbit now!

PostPosted: December 2nd, 2012, 2:47 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Duke Juker
Clan Name: Clan Quest
Super excited. Kinda dismayed it's three parts, but I know it'll be good. The first three were excellent...I expect The Hobbit will be just as good. So...anyone up for watching all three other movies with extra content all back to back? xD

82nd Dragon Member since 05/12/2010
RSBandB Member #517
Current Activities: Ports, Dailies/Monthlies, DXP
Skill Masteries: Firemaking, Cooking, Woodcutting, Fletching, Mining, Agility, Prayer, Smithing, Fishing, Summoning, Construction, Herblore, Hunter, Thieving, Crafting, Divination, Dungeoneering, Farming, Runecrafting, Slayer, Magic, Ranged, Defence, Constitution, Attack, Strength, Invention & 1st Max (3/9/19), Archaeology & 2nd Max (4/16/21), 200m Firemaking, Necromancy

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Forum Index » Off-Topic » Non-RuneScape Discussion » The Hobbit Go to page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]