Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Player Content Polls! What are you excited about?
PostPosted: January 1st, 2014, 1:45 am 
Runite Member

RS Name: Jamandy52
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: 1elitesc / Jamandy52
I will be voting for the elf lands quest, and I'm excited to see these polls will be guaranteed content, ingame vote [rather than website], and limited to member's only.

What do you guys think?

What will you vote for?

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: January 1st, 2014, 1:45 am 
Runite Member

Post subject: Re: Player Content Polls! What are you excited about?
PostPosted: January 1st, 2014, 10:36 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Duke Juker
Clan Name: Clan Quest
It's an interesting idea, but it's hard to say if it will have a good effect on the game. I'd liked to see what specific things they will poll for.

82nd Dragon Member since 05/12/2010
RSBandB Member #517
Current Activities: Ports, Dailies/Monthlies, DXP
Skill Masteries: Firemaking, Cooking, Woodcutting, Fletching, Mining, Agility, Prayer, Smithing, Fishing, Summoning, Construction, Herblore, Hunter, Thieving, Crafting, Divination, Dungeoneering, Farming, Runecrafting, Slayer, Magic, Ranged, Defence, Constitution, Attack, Strength, Invention & 1st Max (3/9/19), Archaeology & 2nd Max (4/16/21), 200m Firemaking, Necromancy

PostPosted: January 1st, 2014, 11:49 am 
Chat Moderator

RS Name: Firemana
Clan Name: Problem Solvers
It's interesting for sure. I think it's both a good and bad idea.

Good:
Because it will allow the players to choose what content they get and know roughly when to expect things.

Bad:
Because it means Jagex can't figure out what is good for the game, they have chosen to take a back seat and do what the players say.

This is a potentially dangerous path, because the players are notoriously naive about the impact of updates. Hopefully Jagex will not put up anything without doing their own research into its effects.

This will also let us see roughly how many active members EOC has, which will be interesting.

Of the things they've listed, I think I am most interested in the Game Worlds question. While I don't like crowded worlds, as they are is way too underpopulated. They need to be condensed to some degree.

I think this past year Jagex was really spun in circles in confusement and are now starting to realize this. They seem to want to do the right things, they just aren't sure what exactly those are currently.

88th Dragon Member : Informer Writer : Content Crew : Chat Moderator ::
"If it ain't broke, dun fix it."

PostPosted: January 1st, 2014, 1:04 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Estor
RS Status: Retired
Although I'm not playing anymore and I don't think I'll be coming back this looks like a step in the right direction. Again it matters what the polls are for and it looks more like "Do this or this?" rather than "Yay or Nay to this" (would like to see more of those) but at least it gives players some power over content updates.

ImageImage

PostPosted: January 1st, 2014, 1:50 pm 
Chat Moderator

Estor wrote:
Although I'm not playing anymore and I don't think I'll be coming back this looks like a step in the right direction. Again it matters what the polls are for and it looks more like "Do this or this?" rather than "Yay or Nay to this" (would like to see more of those) but at least it gives players some power over content updates.

I think you bring up a good point.

Jagex should have a 'I don't really like/wouldn't really use this' option on the polls. Some things people might not really care about or don't want at all. When you only give two options people have to either just not vote or vote for the one they like most even if they wouldn't use it all. There is no reason to even add something that most people only voted for because it was the slightly better of two unwanted things.

PostPosted: January 2nd, 2014, 9:43 pm 
Newspaper Staff

RS Name: tanis79
Clan Name: Fealty Stars
I think that that making the polls members only and in-game is an improvement from previous polls. I hope this at least lends more credibility to the results. I for one have always questioned the legitimacy of previous results and not just because they have always went the opposite direction than I voted. I'll be voting for the elf quest and the chuech of me if they are available to vote for.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: January 2nd, 2014, 9:43 pm 
Newspaper Staff

PostPosted: January 3rd, 2014, 9:00 pm 

RS Name: j1j2j3
I want to finish the freaking biohazard quest line! I want to either rule Ardounge, or become the supreme overlord of glienor.

PostPosted: January 4th, 2014, 12:25 am 
Rsbandb Donor

trekkie wrote:
I want to finish the freaking biohazard quest line! I want to either rule Ardounge, or become the supreme overlord of glienor.

That's a tall order.

RSBandB Member #517
Skill Masteries: Firemaking, Cooking, Woodcutting, Fletching, Mining, Agility, Prayer, Smithing, Fishing, Summoning, Construction, Herblore, Hunter, Thieving, Crafting, Divination, Dungeoneering, Farming, Runecrafting, Slayer, Magic, Ranged, Defence, Constitution, Attack, Strength, Invention & 1st Max (3/9/19), Archaeology & 2nd Max (4/16/21), 200m Firemaking, Necromancy

PostPosted: January 4th, 2014, 3:14 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: RRman Nz
hmmm, its gonna be interesting, I hope they can stick to the deadlines

PostPosted: January 5th, 2014, 1:12 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Bryan Tran
Clan Name: W22 Farming
Of all January's polls, I'm most excited for the game worlds vote. I think the worlds are too empty as they are now. Though for some reason I saw four people in different parts of Meiyerditch yesterday in world 1. WTF?

PostPosted: January 7th, 2014, 5:32 am 
Steel Member

RS Name: Guppee
Clan Name: Sovereign Order
I do think Jagex really need to drive home the fact that you don't HAVE to vote. Either that, or add an "I really don't care." option.

I just really don't want these polls to end up skewed by people who the updates won't change their game experience all that much.

PostPosted: January 7th, 2014, 10:36 am 
Chat Moderator

FishFish wrote:
I do think Jagex really need to drive home the fact that you don't HAVE to vote. Either that, or add an "I really don't care." option.

I just really don't want these polls to end up skewed by people who the updates won't change their game experience all that much.

I think they'll probably go heavy on telling people TO vote. They should definitely have a 'I won't use this' or 'I don't care' option. Actually both of those would be good.

One thing they could also do is put requirements on certain polls. If something takes level 90 in certain skills, make only level 80+ be able to vote on it. Likewise if something only affects level 50-, let only those levels vote on it.
Of course high levels can still mess up things for high levels.

PostPosted: January 14th, 2014, 4:43 am 
Chat Moderator

RS Name: Pyrnassius
Definitely a tough choice, this one, but I am pretty sure I am going to vote for the Elf Lands. I enjoy the quests and will be good to have this storyline wrapped up. Also, seeing what will be done with the the Crystal City has my interest. Many people are still working away on the newest skill released and while I have 99 in it myself, I am not sure releasing a new skill so soon after the first one is the right thing to do. My feelings are that there should probably be an 18 month to 2 year gap between skill releases, especially since Divination has so many things you can already create in itself. If the Invention skill was released simultaneously, or even just 2-3 months after Divination and the resources from Divination were not really overly useful in the game until the release of Invention, as was hinted at when Jagex first hinted about 2 new skills coming, then Invention should be released as soon as possible. However, Divination is successful as a stand alone skill, with different abilities unlocked at levels all the way to 99, so let's get the Elf Lands done sooner rather than later and have the new skill next year. Whichever way the voting falls, I am not going to be disappointed.

PostPosted: January 15th, 2014, 1:11 am 
Rsbandb Donor

The thing I'm thinking is that if one thing gets released sooner, the next update has more time to be developed and planned out better. At least, that's the idea. Again, I'm eager to see how it turns out. I'm glad they have an option for people that don't want any of the updates.

RSBandB Member #517

PostPosted: January 16th, 2014, 3:21 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: morumska
RS Status: Retired
great idea but you never know what poop storm players want, *cough cough 07