So, you've heard of RuneFest, right? Of course you have! And with RuneFest 2018 so nearly upon us we've been extra busy preparing for loads of reveals that we hope you are all going to love. This does mean, however, that these next few weeks are going to be a bit quieter. Although we think you're going to be pleased with our first bit of update news...Grand Exchange Improvements
We know these have been a long time coming, but we've been listening to all of your feedback on suggestions about how we can make the Grand Exchange experience a bit more enjoyable. And as a result we can confirm a few little quality of life improvements:
Player Owned Farm Fixes
- When players cancel an offer they will now be able to create a new, identical offer with a single button press by choosing 'Collect and repeat'.
- Players will also be able to right-click an entry in their GE history and easily repeat that offer, too. This will break down into two options - 'Immediate repeat' and 'Detailed report', the latter of which allows you two tweak some of the parameters in case you want to do things a little differently.
- We're doubling the size of players' GE sale history to 20 transactions (which is the same as you have in Old School).
- We're also changing it so clicking on an item in the GE no longer clears the search box. Note that clicking out of the search (e.g adjusting prices of quantities or clicking out of the window) will still clear search.
We're continuing to tweak and add to Granny Potterington's farm. Granny has told us in no uncertain terms that she wants your agricultural RuneScape adventure to be is as pleasant as possible!
- Granny Potterington will now sell pen construction packs in her store, giving you an alternative to scraping together all the required planks and nails.
- Noted raw sailfish can now be added to farm troughs.
- Manure buckets will now pay attention to your 'Destroy empty buckets when farming' preference, instead of being destroyed every time regardless.
- Players will no longer become stuck in the windmill as part of The Chosen Commander quest. Phew!
- Players can now add as many as 10 pets that are summoned on rotation by using the checkbox on the Pets interface. Pets will cycle through in the order they were added. Legendary and unlocked pets cannot be added.
Read about this and more patches in the patch notes hereOffical Soundtrack Release
We're really excited about this one! We know that having an easy way to listen to the music of RuneScape has been really high up on a lot of wishlists (we've seen all the custom YouTube playlists!) so we're delighted to announce the upcoming release of two new RuneScape albums!
We have partnered up with video game soundtrack specialist Laced Records to release two albums that are available to pre-order both on double deluxe vinyl and CD now - RuneScape: The Orchestral Collection and RuneScape: Original Soundtrack Classics. Both of these albums are also available digitally PLUS buying either physical version also includes a digital copy.
for more details.Yes, that survey email is from us!
Many of you might have received an email from us about a RuneScape survey. They are being released in batches so if you haven't had one yet, expect one over the next few days. The email you receive will address you by your display name
and will contain a unique link to the survey.
We are always looking to our players to help us guide the future of RuneScape games, both current and upcoming. So to aid in this, we are running a survey to ask players what RuneScape and Old School mean to them, and what other games and activities they spend their time on.
The best part is that everyone who completes the survey will be entered into a prize draw to win one of fifty $50 Amazon vouchers (or your stated country's equivalent currency). On top of this, five lucky participants will also receive a huge 60x40 cm (23 ½"x15 ¾") print map of Gielinor! Quick, to your inbox!
If you receive an email which you believe is a phishing attempt, you can report it by forwarding it to us at email@example.com
. In the meantime, the best form of defence is awareness, so take a moment to read our phishing websites and suspicious emails guide
Do you watch our live streams? It's a great opportunity to grab a LootScape Loot Chest and get yourself some awesome in-game goodies! Just connect your RuneScape and your Twitch account, then tune into one of our RuneScape live streams to get some free stuff.
Tune in to our next streams to receive one random Elite skilling outfit piece, possibly the DG outfit! If you receive an already owned one, it'll be switched for a random drop of either a gp bag or bonus item.
Ironmen aren't forgotten, they will receive the Deep Sea Fishing emote.
Exciting isn't it?! So don't wait up, connect your RS account to your Twitch account and find out more about it here
. Once that's done, have fun and watch the stream for a guaranteed drop!Live Streams this Week
Each week, we host developers QAs, exclusive in-game first looks and more. And it's all live on our Twitch channel
, join us!
Missed a stream? Don't worry, we keep them all on our YouTube channel. So be sure to Subscribe
to it!Tuesday, September 18th - 16:00 UTC (Game Time) - RuneScape Q&A
Come and join us for a chance to ask the RuneScape team your questions. Join us at runescape.com/twitch .
Want to send us a question? Use this forum thread
, Reddit thread
, or the #RSQA hashtag on Twitter.LootScape will be enabled, a random unowned Elite skilling outfit piece will be a guaranteed drop.Friday, September 21st - 15:00 UTC (Game Time) - Patch Notes Teasers
Join us for the Patch Notes Teasers, a stream where we cover the main update for next week and show some of the new content you can look forward to next Monday!
Watch live on Twitch - be sure not to miss it!LootScape will be enabled, a random unowned Elite skilling outfit piece will be a guaranteed drop.Sunday, September 23rd - 18:00 UTC (Game Time) - PvM with Mod Lee
Join our resident PvM expert with another mass this Sunday, live on Twitch!LootScape will be enabled, a random unowned Elite skilling outfit piece will be a guaranteed drop.Pink Skirt events
If you want to see all the community events organised by the Pink Skirts, you can see the schedule hereThe RuneScape Team