Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: RSBANDBUpdate! 433 - King Shane I
PostPosted: October 5th, 2013, 3:58 pm 
Site Owner
User avatar
Offline

Joined: September 9th, 2004, 9:26 am
Posts: 6498
Location: Wild Rose Country ca
RS Name: shane12088
RS Status: P2P
Birthright of the Dwarves our thoughts on this grandmaster quest and areas that were downright confusing. Also we meet the new King.
Download Now
Direct Download - 64 Kbit MP3 (Full Show Notes)

Hosts: Shane (@Shane12088), King Kulla, and Earth
Duration: 1:56:38

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: October 5th, 2013, 3:58 pm 
Site Owner

Joined: September 9th, 2004, 1:47am
Posts: 9047
Location: In your web browserz


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: RSBANDBUpdate! 433 - King Shane I
PostPosted: October 7th, 2013, 7:21 pm 
Rsbandb Donor
User avatar
Offline

Joined: October 13th, 2005, 9:18 pm
Posts: 3350
Location: USA us
RS Name: Duke Juker
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: Clan Quest
I got your Red Foreman reference, Kulla. :P

I don't see where Jagex said the armor would be available afterwards. They may have changed that with one of the later updates partway through the battle.

_________________
Image
RSBANDBInformer! Gaming Writer: 08/31/2011-09/30/15
RSBandB Donor since 07/01/2010
82nd Dragon Member since 05/12/2010
RSBandB Member #517
Current Activities: Ports, Dailies/Monthlies, DXP
Skill Masteries: Firemaking, Cooking, Woodcutting, Fletching, Mining, Agility, Prayer, Smithing, Fishing, Summoning, Construction, Herblore, Hunter, Thieving, Crafting, Divination, Dungeoneering, Farming, Runecrafting, Slayer, Magic, Ranged, Defence, Constitution, Attack, Strength, Invention, All Skills 99 (3/9/19)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RSBANDBUpdate! 433 - King Shane I
PostPosted: October 8th, 2013, 3:32 pm 
Steel Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: November 29th, 2011, 10:39 pm
Posts: 37
Location: USA us
RS Name: Varunky
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: RuneHQ
Red Foreman :lol:

My opinion on the whole fixing of the two others guy's memories is that they had "broken" their own memories and we had to fix them for them so that they could see the truth behind their lies. For example, Grimsom had convinced himself (apparently) that he was fighting two trolls, when he in fact killed 1 troll and 1 dwarf. And the other guy (forget his name) had convinced himself that he was doing the work of Zamorack, when in fact he had made it all up. (This probably doesn't fill all of the "plot holes," but it made it work for me :) )

My biggest problem with the quest is how hard the final battle is. They require hi mining and smithing, but the final battle is all about your combat abilities (and even with having the minimum requirement I could not beat them both :( ). If they fix the combat at the end I'll be more OK with it, but atm I'm leaving it unfinished (because I can't finish it).

_________________
Player since winter '01
Fan of loadingreadyrun ••••>


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RSBANDBUpdate! 433 - King Shane I
PostPosted: October 10th, 2013, 10:46 am 
Moderator
User avatar
Offline

Joined: December 25th, 2006, 7:10 am
Posts: 1775 us
RS Name: Lord Earth
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: Clan Quest
Varunky wrote:
Red Foreman :lol:

My opinion on the whole fixing of the two others guy's memories is that they had "broken" their own memories and we had to fix them for them so that they could see the truth behind their lies. For example, Grimsom had convinced himself (apparently) that he was fighting two trolls, when he in fact killed 1 troll and 1 dwarf. And the other guy (forget his name) had convinced himself that he was doing the work of Zamorack, when in fact he had made it all up. (This probably doesn't fill all of the "plot holes," but it made it work for me :) )

Even so, the wand was calibrated for the Ogre Shaman's magic, so it shouldn't have worked anyway...

_________________
Image

Image

Image

Image

Global Moderator since August 25, 2014 18:30:29

The Artist Formerly Known as Earth271072


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RSBANDBUpdate! 433 - King Shane I
PostPosted: October 13th, 2013, 10:01 pm 
Steel Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: November 29th, 2011, 10:39 pm
Posts: 37
Location: USA us
RS Name: Varunky
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: RuneHQ
I may have also invisionef the backfire of the staff reacting to the Ogre Shaman being so powerful that it's effect was powerful enough to affect the other two.

_________________
Player since winter '01
Fan of loadingreadyrun ••••>


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RSBANDBUpdate! 433 - King Shane I
PostPosted: October 15th, 2013, 3:20 pm 
Moderator
User avatar
Offline

Joined: January 1st, 2005, 3:08 pm
Posts: 3675
Location: Beautiful British Columbia ca
RS Name: King Kulla
RS Status: F2P
I'm glad at least a couple people also watched That 70's Show! :D

_________________
Image
My Runescape Stats || Forum Rules || My Runewire || PM Me


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: October 15th, 2013, 3:20 pm 
Moderator

Joined: September 9th, 2004, 1:47am
Posts: 9047
Location: In your web browserz


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: RSBANDBUpdate! 433 - King Shane I
PostPosted: October 15th, 2013, 4:11 pm 
Moderator
User avatar
Offline

Joined: December 25th, 2006, 7:10 am
Posts: 1775 us
RS Name: Lord Earth
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: Clan Quest
King Kulla wrote:
I'm glad at least a couple people also watched That 70's Show! :D

I don't get it. Which one? I'm sure the 70s had lots of TV shows :?

_________________
Image

Image

Image

Image

Global Moderator since August 25, 2014 18:30:29

The Artist Formerly Known as Earth271072


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RSBANDBUpdate! 433 - King Shane I
PostPosted: October 22nd, 2013, 5:25 pm 
Steel Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: November 29th, 2011, 10:39 pm
Posts: 37
Location: USA us
RS Name: Varunky
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: RuneHQ
Earth wrote:
King Kulla wrote:
I'm glad at least a couple people also watched That 70's Show! :D

I don't get it. Which one? I'm sure the 70s had lots of TV shows :?

"That 70s Show" (in quotes here b/c it's a specific show). Not actually a show from the 70s but a show set in the 70s (imdb link). Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis were a few of the main actors :)

_________________
Player since winter '01
Fan of loadingreadyrun ••••>


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RSBANDBUpdate! 433 - King Shane I
PostPosted: October 22nd, 2013, 6:38 pm 
Moderator
User avatar
Offline

Joined: December 25th, 2006, 7:10 am
Posts: 1775 us
RS Name: Lord Earth
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: Clan Quest
Varunky wrote:
Earth wrote:
King Kulla wrote:
I'm glad at least a couple people also watched That 70's Show! :D

I don't get it. Which one? I'm sure the 70s had lots of TV shows :?

"That 70s Show" (in quotes here b/c it's a specific show). Not actually a show from the 70s but a show set in the 70s (imdb link). Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis were a few of the main actors :)

Image
I'm using this for someone other than Shane? Fascinating :o

_________________
Image

Image

Image

Image

Global Moderator since August 25, 2014 18:30:29

The Artist Formerly Known as Earth271072


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RSBANDBUpdate! 433 - King Shane I
PostPosted: October 22nd, 2013, 7:10 pm 
Steel Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: November 29th, 2011, 10:39 pm
Posts: 37
Location: USA us
RS Name: Varunky
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: RuneHQ
Earth wrote:
I'm using this for someone other than Shane? Fascinating :o

You are being sarcastic for the sake of being sarcastic, I know.

I was giving an answer simply because I was trying to be helpful and give information in case you were being serious (because some people like to be). Now that I know (or at least by your previous statement can make an assumption to know) that you were being facetious I am done with this conversation, the joke is done.

_________________
Player since winter '01
Fan of loadingreadyrun ••••>


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RSBANDBUpdate! 433 - King Shane I
PostPosted: October 22nd, 2013, 7:55 pm 
Rsbandb Donor
User avatar
Offline

Joined: August 24th, 2008, 3:04 pm
Posts: 1088
Location: Rhode Island us
RS Name: Killjoy4eva
RS Status: Old School (2007)
Varunky wrote:
Earth wrote:
I'm using this for someone other than Shane? Fascinating :o

You are being sarcastic for the sake of being sarcastic, I know.

I was giving an answer simply because I was trying to be helpful and give information in case you were being serious (because some people like to be). Now that I know (or at least by your previous statement can make an assumption to know) that you were being facetious I am done with this conversation, the joke is done.

Or you just didn't catch the joke. *Pats on head* It's okay.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: