Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: Black Friday: 360 or PS3?
PostPosted: November 21st, 2010, 3:38 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Status: P2P
Alright, Ive been holding out on buying one for awhile and I recently received the impulse to purchase one. I habe a few questions...

I was really actually only interested in the 360 at first, but a few people made me reconsider. Are there any Black Friday deals for the 250gb version? I was interested in Walmart's bundle, but it's 4gb (how much does that hold btw?) and going there doesnt seem very pragmatic. Oh, and Id like to know what you guys think is better 360 or PS3?

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: November 21st, 2010, 3:38 am 
Rsbandb Donor

Post subject: Re: Black Friday: 360 or PS3?
PostPosted: November 21st, 2010, 7:35 am 
Cleverly Disguised Spammer

RS Name: Piratesock
Clan Name: The Mushroom Pirate Federation
4gb is enough if you plan to never play it online. Otherwise you want moar. I have a 20gig and after 5(perhaps 4?) years i have like 2gig free.

As for which is better. Depends what your buying it for. The PS3 has the better exclusives IMO/plays bluray/is free online and the 360 has the better multiplats most of the time. Also 360s Live arcade is better than PSN games. I prefer my PS3 these days sadly most of my friends use the 360 so i use that a lot anyway.

PostPosted: November 21st, 2010, 8:44 am 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Limpin
They're both good consoles. It's completely up to you. But each console has their ups and downs.

But if you're going for online play, Xbox Live is more stable, and more user friendly. Not to mention more popular. But with popularity comes annoyance, and annoyance is caused by children with annoying squeaky voices.

PostPosted: November 21st, 2010, 11:07 am 
Runite Member

RS Name: Pennstate315
I would say go 360. Just for the fact that the players online or just a completely different caliber then the PS3 players.

Black Member 2-6-10

PostPosted: November 21st, 2010, 11:50 am 

RS Name: j1j2j3
just do not forget that you will have to pay 60 bucks a year to get online with the xbox.

PostPosted: November 22nd, 2010, 1:14 am 

RS Name: Piratesock
Clan Name: The Mushroom Pirate Federation
trekkie wrote:
just do not forget that you will have to pay 60 bucks a year to get online with the xbox.

I wasn't really going to get anymore involved in this after my first post but **** it. This is the sort of quality you'll recieve on XBL for your $60 a year;

http://kotaku.com/5695538/halo-wars-goes-dark-on-dec-15

Can't even be ***** to support there own first party games. I can still stick resistence fall of man into my PS3 and still use the online, still get the stat tracking and lets just check;

http://www.resistancefallofman.com/

Yup i can still use there website. And that's a launch title. Now this wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the fact PSN is free and XBL is charging you.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: November 22nd, 2010, 1:14 am 

PostPosted: November 22nd, 2010, 1:51 am 

RS Name: j1j2j3
this is why people who may be playing those games and want to continue playing halo wars may hack their xbox and make dedicated servers.

but then, this is why rts doesn't work well on consoles and which is why we should all play sc2 :D

PostPosted: November 22nd, 2010, 1:05 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Magicking
Clan Name: Clan Quest
Honestly, PS3 is a better bet. The blu-ray is just too good to pass up, and not having to pay for multiplayer is nice as well. I've had an xbox for almost 3 years and I can't stand the community and can't stand the hardware problems (having all of my games freeze every 5 minutes isn't because of the disc...). Honestly, go for a PC, but if you really want a console, go for PS3.

PostPosted: November 22nd, 2010, 8:40 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: d4fin0
Clan Name: blurblue
Steven wrote:
They're both good consoles. It's completely up to you. But each console has their ups and downs.

But if you're going for online play, Xbox Live is more stable, and more user friendly. Not to mention more popular. But with popularity comes annoyance, and annoyance is caused by children with annoying squeaky voices.

Ha :wink:, There used to be a little squeak in all of us. I can accept them if they talk game-talk e.g for counter-strike "one short" or "two at long". Anything beyond that e.g spamming, i'll introduce them to secretary mute.

Back on topic,

I only game on the Pc. But if i had to choose between either of these two consoles, it would have to be the 360. Sixty dollars in my mind would be worth it if you play often. Otherwise, Ps3 is the next choice if you dont want to pay money.

Cheers, dafin0 :lol:

PostPosted: November 25th, 2010, 5:23 pm 
Adamantite Member

RS Name: HappiestMaul
RS Status: Old School (2007)
Personaly I say 360, yeah its a extra $60 a year out of your pocket but its network is more stable. And the controller is a little heavier then the PS3 controller, not to heavy but its not like a feather. Its just a better console in my opinion.

PostPosted: November 26th, 2010, 10:09 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: TheLion
If you go with the XBox360 and plan on doing anything more than casual gaming, then you do need more than a 4 gig drive. I have a 120 gig drive and that's even getting full. That extra space is need for things like downloading demo games, videos, and buying the full versions of games online. From all the store ad's, they do seem to be pushing the 4 gig version's, but the deals just don't seem to be there. If you get the 4 gig version, you can always buy a larger drive later if find you need it.