Post subject: Account Safety [Serious]
PostPosted: November 20th, 2008, 1:26 pm 
Steel Member

RS Name: Ice bellz
RS Status: P2P
Account Safety

First of all i would like to point out that i have lost heaps of accounts just because i was too trusting and didn't care much - i don't want the same to happen to you.

Don't think "no one would steal my account, who needs it?" or "he's my best friend, he would never steal it" its a BIG MISTAKE.

Password:
-Change you're password every month or so, if you feel that someone might know it or guess it, change it immediately to something more complicated, but still making it easy for you to remember.
-A good example would be a thing you see or do often but it has to be completely random, for example you're age is 14 and you like basketball. you can make up something like "basket14" it is wise to include letters and numbers, making it hard to guess.
-Don't share it. Believe me guys i had LOADS of "best friends" that actually did steal my accounts , do not trust anyone this game is addicting and is a hazard to you're personal life (a bit off topic).
Recovery questions:
-Keep changing these every couple of months. They are a big help when recovering.
-Don't answer the questions with the correct answer for example: "What is the name of you're first teacher?" - don't answer the real name as many people know that answer, it is wise to write down recoveries on a piece of paper or somewhere where no-one will see.
Bank Pin:
-Set a bank pin, use you're birth year or you're mom's or dad's birth year so its easy to remember.
-When you log out always bank you're stuff before you do.

Downloads/Media:
-There are no runescape cheats, they do not exist, and hacking runescape is virtually impossible, they have better security then a bank.Do not download anything that claims otherwise. Swiftkit and stuff like that don't steal passwords...for now...that's why i don't use stuff like that.
-Videos on youtube may be very intimidating and realistic to the smallest details. THEY ARE FAKE. DO NOT TRUST THEM EVER.

Details:
-Always record you're previous passwords, recoveries, bank pin's, subscription details, creation date, creation location and "ip" (internet protocol) address, internet provider, and other details you might find useful. If you have these there's no way you're account will stay longer then 2 hours in the thief's hands.

Extra Details:
-If you do all the strongholds, talk to criers and lumbridge guide, obey the rules and help people - there's a good chance of you becoming a player moderator.
-If you follow these steps there's absolutely no way that you're account would get stolen.

Correction's and suggestion's are accepted and given credit for. Thanks, post away. :)

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: November 20th, 2008, 1:26 pm 
Steel Member

Post subject: Re: Account Safety [Serious]
PostPosted: November 20th, 2008, 7:43 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Lego Pi3
lomke wrote:
Account Safety

Bank Pin:
-Set a bank pin, use you're birth year or you're mom's or dad's birth year so its easy to remember.

Details:
-Always record you're previous passwords, recoveries, bank pin's, subscription details, creation date, creation location and "ip" (internet protocol) address, internet provider, and other details you might find useful. If you have these there's no way you're account will stay longer then 2 hours in the thief's hands.

Correction's and suggestion's are accepted and given credit for. Thanks, post away. :)

um... first point, a birth year as a pin is not the best idea. i recommend a bank pin, but maybe something noone else would know, like a really weird math term or something. for example, someone might guess your birth year first try, and get into your accont. a pin should be easy to remember, but hard to guess.
also, about recording things, you don't want to be like my relatives that have them on desktop links and a hard copy on the computer desk.
that's just STUPID.
no offence D:
but really...either, if you have to print them, put them in a safe or a folder no one would look in, like your tax reports XD
and if you have it on ur computer, save it in a password protected file or in something noone would look at, expecially on a shared computer.

PostPosted: November 21st, 2008, 7:43 am 
Steel Member

RS Name: Ice bellz
Lego Pi3 wrote:
lomke wrote:
Account Safety

Bank Pin:

Details:

um... first point, a birth year as a pin is not the best idea. i recommend a bank pin, but maybe something noone else would know, like a really weird math term or something. for example, someone might guess your birth year first try, and get into your accont. a pin should be easy to remember, but hard to guess.
also, about recording things, you don't want to be like my relatives that have them on desktop links and a hard copy on the computer desk.
that's just STUPID.
no offence D:
but really...either, if you have to print them, put them in a safe or a folder no one would look in, like your tax reports XD
and if you have it on ur computer, save it in a password protected file or in something noone would look at, expecially on a shared computer.

you're right on the bank pin, although i never did say you should do it on you're computer. that's just like shouting you're password for everyone. You must keep it somewhere in real life. in a book you read, you're shelf or something. :] thanks for feedback. :]

PostPosted: March 1st, 2009, 9:48 pm 
Adamantite Member

RS Name: HappiestMaul
RS Status: Old School (2007)
Might want to add somthing about e-mail now.

PostPosted: March 1st, 2009, 10:19 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: S0CIAL D
have your pin be some of your favorite numbers or maybe the beginning of a phone number you know well

Anybody can become angry, that is easy; but to be angry with the right person, and to the right degree, and at the right time, and for the right purpose, and in the right way, that is not within everybody's power, that is not easy.