Post subject: Rogue Trader
PostPosted: August 15th, 2005, 8:22 am 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Southrend
RS Status: Classic
Items needed: 805 gp, 3 dyes (any color) OR 3 Animal skins (Fur,hides,wool)
Quest needed to be completed: Rune Mysteries, The Feud, Icthlarin's Little Helper (I think you need to complete this quest, at least you have to finish it before if you already started it.)

You must start in South-East Al Kharid and talk to Ali Morrisane
He wants to enlarge his wares so you need to find some traders that will deliver him the new goods. He wants to trade in clothes, blackjacks and runes.

The Clothes:
Take 805 gp and 3 dyes (You can get them from Aggie in Draynor Village) OR three animal skins (which can be 3 cowhides, bear fur, wool) with you and take the magic carpet ride to Pollnivneach, from there go further south and take the magic carpet ride to Sophanem. Talk there with the linnen worker, named Siamun. Give him the dye/hides and take a carpet ride back to Pollnivneach.

The Blackjacks:
Talk to the Blackjack trader and talk to him until a street urchin calls your name. talk to him and you will go back to Blackjack trader. While you distract him the street urchin steals some goods of him and the trader will say that he will help Ali Morrisane.

The Runes:
Go to the rune Shop in Varrock. Talk to him and you say that Ali Morrisane wants to sell his runes. He will accept and you can return to Ali to complete this little quest.

When you speak to Ali Morrisane again he will tell that if you're passing by that you have to talk to the Blackjack Seller for other goods and to the Linnen worker to get other clothings.

Second time the Linnen Worker:
See above how to get to the Linnen Worker. When you're there he asks again to get some supplies. I believe that if you have brought dye, you need to bring 3 animal hides. And when you have brought already hides, you need to bring 3 dyes. Give him the supplies and he will make other stuff. However at this point your not able to buy the other cloths.

Second time the BlackJack Seller
Go back to Polnivneach and talk to the BlackJack Seller. If you have chosen the first time for the street Urching as I did, then the second time you have to say that the Blackjacks aren't good because they wouldn't knock people out. He doesn't believe you and you have to choose the option that the BlackJack Seller can hit you two times. After he hitted you two times he agrees to make a new variety of blackjacks.

If you get back to Ali Morrisane you notice that you can't buy the old items you got the first time. To get those back you need to talk to the linnen worker and the BlackJack seller again. That's how you can change between the clothes/blackjacks.

I hope this helped some people. It isn't a hard mini-quest. Although unlocking the big chest of runes can be pretty hard!

~Southrend

Proud RSB&B Member #570 since 12/27/04
Proud RSB&B Mod since 7/24/05

Last edited by Southrend on August 16th, 2005, 2:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: August 15th, 2005, 8:22 am 
Dragon Member

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 15th, 2005, 11:55 am 
Runite Member

RS Name: Lisaz
RS Status: F2P
nice guide thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 15th, 2005, 2:37 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: Clanless
Good guide. Now I will know what to do when I decided to try this. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 15th, 2005, 4:35 pm 
something to add to your guide all credit goes to me :once you beat the chests once u can access alis rune supply at any time

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 15th, 2005, 6:53 pm 
Black Member

RS Name: lotr dude1
how do u do the large puzzle its really but, the small is easy

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 15th, 2005, 7:10 pm 
Runite Member

im keep talkin to the linen dude but he thinks im some sort of grave robber

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: August 15th, 2005, 7:10 pm 
Runite Member

Post subject: Rogue Trader
PostPosted: August 15th, 2005, 9:02 pm 
Things to bring: 3 pots of dye, 3 animal pelts(doesnt matter as long as they are same)(important that they are not noted), money to travel by magic carpet if you wish, waterskins, and money for runes if you wish to crack open the chests, and 100gp to pay the urchin boy.

Speak to Ali Morrisen in Al-Kharid, and he will tell you he wishes to expand his trade market. He wants new clothes, blackjacks, and runes.

The Clothes
Speak to Siamon in Sophanem and you will tell him about Alis trade proposal. He wil ask you for either 3 pots of dye, or 3 animal pelts (Not noted). he will take one group of these right there if you have them.

The BlackJacks
In Pollivneach, speak to the blackjack seller at the stall about the trade proposal. He will say he is not convinced that he needs to upgrade his blackjacks, tell him he can hit you over the head and if he doesnt succeed in knocking you out, he will upgrade. He is not satisfied so he asks to do it twice, you can say yes, or "chicken out". I chose Yes and he agreed.

The Runes
Go speak with Aubury in Varrock and speak with him about the trade. He will agree. Now go back to Ali Morrisein.

When you go back to speak to Ali, he will say trading is very good, but sales have started to drop, he will again ask you to go see the Black Jack trader and Siamon.

The Clothes
Now go back to Siamon, you will tell him of the dropping sales, and he will ask you for either 3 pots of dyes or 3 animal pelts. (whatever you didnt give him before). Head back to Pollivneach

The BlackJacks
Speak to the blackjack stall trader again and this time he doesnt want to upgrade again, so you say youll have to find a sneeky way to trick him. He asks you waht you say and you play dumb...It will go to a cut scene of an urchin boy trying to get your attention. He makes you a deal when you speak to him that if you pay him 100 gp that he will steal from the stall forcing the trader to upgrade his weapons to fend them off.

Go back to Ali and you are finished. I think there are still glitches in this mini-quest because it let me do these tasks over and over again...reverting the clothes and weapons back to the way they were, so no use in starting again, because the stock doesnt get better.

Cracking Open the Rune Chests
Each row and column is to be filled with 9 different runes, and the runes cannot repeat in those columns and rows. There are also differently shaded boxes of 9 within the grid, and you must have 1 of reach rune in this as well as no repeats.
The small box was quite easy and only took a matter of seconds.
Bring about 1000gp if you plan to crack the small boz and purchase the runes.

As for the large box.. it took me several hours to find a puzzle I could solve but I finally did it.
and for the big box, i reccomend bringing at least 50k if you crack it open and plan to buy the runes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 15th, 2005, 10:47 pm 
Dragon Member

Sythe wrote:
im keep talkin to the linen dude but he thinks im some sort of grave robber

I think that's because you started the Icthlarin's Little Helper quest. Everyone in that town thinks you're a grave robber then. I think you have to complete this quest first.

And for xvxwickedxvx. Why did you post a guide again?

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 15th, 2005, 11:06 pm 
Because the first wasnt totally accurate... with more than one thing, and the line maker thinks your a robber because you are.. you DONT speak to him you speak to Siamon in the linen shop. Just as the Black Jack section wasnt right, the trader wasnt to hit you over the head the first time, then when you go back u talk to the urchin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 16th, 2005, 1:54 am 
Dragon Member

xvxwickedxvx wrote:
Because the first wasnt totally accurate... with more than one thing, and the line maker thinks your a robber because you are.. you DONT speak to him you speak to Siamon in the linen shop. Just as the Black Jack section wasnt right, the trader wasnt to hit you over the head the first time, then when you go back u talk to the urchin.

The Black section is just like the linnen worker named Siamon. If you choose at Siamon the dyes for the first time you have to bring hides the second time. And if you choose the first option in the BlackJack trader Dialog, you get the urchin calling your name and the second time you have to choose 'the blow on your head'-option.

Post subject: Re: Rogue Trader
PostPosted: August 16th, 2005, 4:15 am 
Runite Member

Location: In the dungeon of the party room, organizing events.
RS Name: the blue men
xvxwickedxvx wrote:
Things to bring: Blah Blah blahBlah Blah blahBlah Blah blahBlah Blah blahBlah Blah blahBlah Blah blahBlah Blah blahBlah Blah blahBlah Blah blah

The Clothes
Blah Blah blahBlah Blah blahBlah Blah blahBlah Blah blahBlah Blah blahBlah Blah blahBlah Blah blahBlah Blah blah

The BlackJacks
Blah Blah blahBlah Blah blahBlah Blah blahBlah Blah blahBlah Blah blahBlah Blah blahBlah Blah blahBlah Blah blahBlah Blah blahBlah Blah blahBlah Blah blahBlah Blah blahBlah Blah blah

The Runes
Blah Blah blahBlah Blah blahBlah Blah blahBlah Blah blahBlah Blah blahBlah Blah blahBlah Blah blahBlah Blah blahBlah Blah blah

The Clothes
Blah Blah blahBlah Blah blahBlah Blah blahBlah Blah blahBlah Blah blah

The BlackJacks
Blah Blah blahBlah Blah blahBlah Blah blahBlah Blah blahBlah Blah blahBlah Blah blahBlah Blah blah

Cracking Open the Rune Chests
Blah Blah blahBlah Blah blahBlah Blah blah

Please read the rules... they say: DO NOT post guides on something that is already covered on another guide in this forum

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 16th, 2005, 7:50 am 
Runite Member

omfg if it wasnt in the quest requirements then i dont have to do ichrans little helper

the blue men wrote:
xvxwickedxvx wrote:
Things to bring: Blah Blah blahBlah Blah blahBlah Blah blahBlah Blah blahBlah Blah blahBlah Blah blahBlah Blah blahBlah Blah blahBlah Blah blah

The Clothes
Blah Blah blahBlah Blah blahBlah Blah blahBlah Blah blahBlah Blah blahBlah Blah blahBlah Blah blahBlah Blah blah

The BlackJacks
Blah Blah blahBlah Blah blahBlah Blah blahBlah Blah blahBlah Blah blahBlah Blah blahBlah Blah blahBlah Blah blahBlah Blah blahBlah Blah
The Runes
Blah Blah blahBlah Blah blahBlah Blah blahBlah Blah blahBlah Blah blahBlah Blah blahBlah Blah blahBlah Blah blahBlah Blah blah

The Clothes
Blah Blah blahBlah Blah blahBlah Blah blahBlah Blah blahBlah Blah blah

The BlackJacks
Blah Blah blahBlah Blah blahBlah Blah blahBlah Blah blahBlah Blah blahBlah Blah blahBlah Blah blah

Cracking Open the Rune ChestsblahBlah Blah blahBlah Blah blahBlah Blah blah

Blah Blah blahBlah Blah blahBlah Blah blah

Please read the rules... they say: DO NOT post guides on something that is already covered on another guide in this forum

the dude is a mod

and plus....your a non member so y u reading this?

Please use the edit button next time
~Southrend

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 16th, 2005, 10:09 am 
Runite Member

Location: In the dungeon of the party room, organizing events.
RS Name: the blue men
1st of all you are really going off topic with this...

Of course i know he is a mod but he didn't say anything about this rule, he was only asking why he posted another guide in is guide, so maybe he didn't know about this rule

and why i am reading this?
Since when it is a crime for f2p to be interested in p2p stuff?

(and it is Icthlarin)