Post subject: Growing Pains (A fairy tale - Part 1) [Finally got the pics]
PostPosted: February 27th, 2006, 4:44 pm 
Chat Moderator

Location: There's a place in the world where the sun won't shine, consumed of color and depth. I'm not there. ca
RS Name: Alex 43
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: Rsbandb! All the way!
Items needed:

-Dramen staff
-Glory amulet with charges
-Ghostspeak amulet
-Food or prayer potion advised

Note, you may need to take some time to gather some other unknown items. It's random for everyone.

Teleports I used:

-2 Falador teleport
-1 Camelot teleport
-1 Draynor Village Teleport
-1 Varrock Teleport OR 1 Ectophial teleport
-1 Lumbridge teleport

Levels needed:

-None, but it's good to have a high level farming

Quests and other requirements:

-Lost city
-Nature Spirit
-Defeat level 111 monster

Length:

-Long, but i found it only lasted an hour, so i would have said medium.

Difficulty:

-Very straightforward and simple, actually. Aside from lots of walking and teleporting, I think it's good to have

Start Point:

- The pigpen in Draynor Village

You can find the master farmer Martin in the pigpen crying. Speak to him.

He'll say that vegetables and whatnot are becoming more prone to disease and everything's dying for some reason. To start, talk to other master farmers.

There are a number of gardeners you can talk to, but I would prefer you speak to the allotment ones. Like Elstan in the farming patch southeast of Falador. He'll tell you there's been a lack of rain (O rlly?).

I also talked to Taria near remmington. She supervises the bush patch there.

As for the others, I suggest you teleport around or so, perhaps at the allotments. If you have good farming, I'm sure you'll have heard of chain farming and the routes to take to other farms. otherwise, search the world map for farming patches. 90% of the time there will be a gardener nearby. However, some gardeners aren't part of G.A.G., as is required, like Heskel in Falador, so keep searching. You can try Varrock (Near champs guild and in front of the castle), Entrana (near herblore store), and Catherby (allotment and fruit tree patch).

Anyways, you'll get a number of stories:

-Lack of rain (Oh really?)
-Swarms of insects (No suprise)
-Adventurers (Ha ha!)
-Seasons are out of wack (Quoted)

Anyways, the fifth gardener will sum it up for you - fairies. For some reason, your character will think this is hogwash (I know. Pretty lame word ...).

Return to Martin and talk to him about it. He'll clarify that the fairies might have something to do to it. You'll need to talk to the Fairy Queen of Zanaris. You can find her in the same room as Chaeldar in Zanaris. Don't forget your dramen staff!

Uh oh, she's not there! Talk to the fairy godfather instead.

After some italian accenting, you'll learn she is sick and is being treated north by the bank.

Talk to Fairy Nuff. After finding out what you are, she'll give you a list of symptoms and tell you to talk to a dark wizard in the dark wizards tower just west of Falador. Teleport to Falador and head west past that shortcut near the west bank.

Climb to the top floor of the dark wizard tower. He's tough to see with the dark clothes.

Talk to him. He'll suggest Malignius, the necromancer in front of Falador with the elemental magi who turns you into mushrooms.

He'll tell you to unearth a skull form the grave at Draynor Manor for some reason. Obey.

The grave is to the north against its northern fence inside. If you need a spade, there's one in the back door room. Shouldn't be hard to miss. Dig right in front.

Once you have the skull, return to Malignius. He'll tell you to enchant a pair of secaturs with 3 random items. My brother got supercompost, whiteberries, and Volencia Moss, which you get from those rocks in Karamja jungle. I got uncut ruby, diamond, and mort myre fungi. You're on your own for that, because I have no idea what you get.

Anyways, once you DO get them, grab your amulet of ghostspeak (I did) and head to the nature altar.

Filliman will be there to enchant the secaturs. Talk to him to do so.

Once that's done, return to Zanaris and head for the cosmic altar. There's a new passage there.

Go through.

The tanglefoot is in there somewhere. It uses melee only, so take him down the prayer and the secaturs.

It'll drop golden secaturs. Grab them, leave, and talk to Nuff.

She'll tell you to tell the godfather. Return to the godfather and give him the secaturs.

QUEST COMPLETE!

Strangely enough, the godfather won't give the secaturs to Nuff yet. I thought her condition was serious!

And apparently, I heard that you get more crops if you plant and water them while equipping the magic secateurs.

Last edited by Alex 43 on April 10th, 2006, 5:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: February 27th, 2006, 4:44 pm 
Chat Moderator

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 28th, 2006, 5:41 am 
Runite Member

RS Name: dknifton2004
when the images are put in should be a nice guide, nice one

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 1st, 2006, 1:28 pm 
nice guide

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 1st, 2006, 1:34 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Lisaz
RS Status: F2P
it is now a good guide but when the pics gonna be than its awesome :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 10th, 2006, 5:37 pm 
Chat Moderator

Location: There's a place in the world where the sun won't shine, consumed of color and depth. I'm not there. ca
RS Name: Alex 43
Clan Name: Rsbandb! All the way!
There. Got the pictures in and added a few things. Sorry for making you guys wait.