Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: reinvent the PC
PostPosted: January 27th, 2013, 6:30 pm 

RS Name: j1j2j3
RS Status: P2P
Desktops sales have slowed because manufacturers have let their designs stagnate, but the need for a comfortable machine you can work on hasn’t gone away. Who will reinvent the PC and reap the rewards?
Every other week, there seems to be story about the PC dying. This week, it was because Intel is planning on exiting the motherboard business. The screwy thing is, I think the exact opposite is about to happen. Not only is the desktop not dead, it’s about to go through a resurgence. We’re just waiting for that visionary vendor who realizes that bigger is still better, and this Lemming-like agreement that the desktop is dead is holding people back. Here’s why.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/ ... birth/#ixzz2JEGiC2SO

So here is my question of the Month.

You are a executive designer for HP desktop. You have been given the green light to completely redesign how a desktop functions, how it looks, and you have a huge partnership with Microsoft, Apple, Linux and Google that will give you 100% control of whatever you want to design for the next generation of PC user interface.

What would you change about the PC to once again make it profitable for your company again?

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: January 27th, 2013, 6:30 pm 

Post subject: Re: reinvent the PC
PostPosted: January 28th, 2013, 4:05 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Azek
Okay, this has been an idea of mine for a while now.

I would want a monitor that has a small HDD, med CPU and like 2 Gb of RAM. I would want a PC with better specs. What would happen is you can dock your monitor and now it will use the PC resources to make it way faster, but if you wanted it to be on the go, like a tablet, you could undock it and it would function as so.

Bam, million dollar idea for everyone.

Post subject: Re: reinvent the PC
PostPosted: January 29th, 2013, 9:13 am 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Evalithia
Have PCs as they traditionally are, but improve remote desktop technology so that you can do things such as playing high-end games a seamless experience on any other computer or tablet that can connect to your PC. Now you can have your gamer rig everywhere when you need it.

That and start a campaign for SOLA. Stop Online Lagging Act.