Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: new smart phone
PostPosted: September 12th, 2012, 11:24 pm 

RS Name: j1j2j3
RS Status: P2P
since the new iphone 5 was just announced i stumbled across this little article. new smartphone by china, made in china (duh), and it's 1080p

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/Oppo-Smar ... 69.html#xtor=RSS-980

When you think of smartphone titans the first company that comes to mind may be Samsung or Apple. But despite their record high smartphone sales, neither company has achieved what Chinese phone company Oppo has. After releasing the world's thinnest smartphone and the world's thinnest quad core smartphone, the company is back again with the world's first 1080p smartphone.

Dubbed the Oppo Find 5, the 5-inch smartphone features a whopping 441 pixels per inch (PPI), making the iPhone's 326 PPI retina display look like an Etch A Sketch toy from the 60s. Resulting in a crisp 1920 x 1080 display, the Oppo Find 5 knocks the 5.5-inch Galaxy Note 2 out of the water. Even better, the Oppo Find 5 has just as much beauty on the inside as it does on the surface.

The device is going to ship with Android 4.1 on a quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro APQ8064 processor. To get an idea of how powerful this chip is, the APQ8064 easily beats the Exynos 4412-based Galaxy S III and Tegra 3-based Nexus 7 on a number of benchmarks. Other rumored specs include 2GB of RAM, a 12-megapixel rear camera, 2-megapixel front facing camera, 16GB or 32GB of storage and a 2,500mAh battery pack.

No word on pricing or a release date just yet, but we'll keep you posted. Until then, we'll just have to hope for a global release so we can all enjoy this promising smartphone.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: September 12th, 2012, 11:24 pm 

Post subject: Re: new smart phone
PostPosted: September 13th, 2012, 5:44 am 

RS Name: Silverwiz9
Clan Name: RsbandbStaff
That looks awesome. I'd expect that would be a $700+ phone without contract... Also it would have *terrible* battery life. But it looks, and would likely perform smooth as butter and would be pure awesome.

Post subject: Re: new smart phone
PostPosted: September 13th, 2012, 9:09 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Azek
Pfkninenines wrote:
That looks awesome. I'd expect that would be a $700+ phone without contract... Also it would have *terrible* battery life. But it looks, and would likely perform smooth as butter and would be pure awesome.

Yeah, the battery would probably be ****. I want this phone.... I wonder if I can get a contract with T-Mobile through their parent Germany company? haha, probably not.