Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: My Road to a Party Hat and Long term Goals!
PostPosted: January 5th, 2013, 4:49 pm 
Bronze Member

RS Name: Natchitoches
RS Status: P2P
Welcome to my Road to a Party Hat and Long Term Achievements!

This is going to be my quest to gaining any Party Hat and leveling on Runescape!

INTRODUCTION:
I am Sam and have been playing Runescape on and off since I created my account back in 2007. Back in 2011 I had joined the community of RSB (RSBoards) where I saw my greatest achievements. As recently as October of 2012 I had gained approximately 300m in wealth on Runescape. Unfortunately, I staked away all of my cash in hopes of making it big. I took "go big or go home" in a literal sense. Once again, starting anew, I went to making money the way I originally learned how; Skilling. I had gained enough wealth to get my bank up to 40m through this. Once again, I went to try my luck at Staking once again. I made my way back up to 100m. Once again, I lost it; history repeats itself. Starting over once again, I made 14m in 3 days then went staking. I made 128m in three days. Thinking once again I had luck on my side, I went all in. After going up 50m that day, I lost it all. So once again, a fourth time I was starting over. This is what is leading me to starting this adventure to a party hat.

MY METHODS:
The methods I will be using to gain my cash will consist of these events, not in any particular order:
Skilling
Merching

As you can see, I'm following these three methods of gaining cash. Of course the final two that I named are the ones that cause me to partake in having previous knowledge of these events. Skilling is by far the most useful method that I shall be using as it is the only method that I'll be using that incorporates a steady income; the other is more risky. Money from Skilling will be made through the gaining of levels for my "money capable" skills. These skills include Woodcutting, Mining, Fishing, Runecrafting, and Crafting.

MY LIMITS:
I am limiting myself to making no less than 1m per day unless stated otherwise. If I am dedicating my day to training a skill, then this 1m limit will be lifted.

MY STARTING STATS:
These are the stats that I am starting my adventure with:

As you can see, my stats are neither amazing or terrible. As I travel along my journey, I will show the updates of my stats as well as the progression of my account's wealth status.

GOALS:
My long term goals are pretty simple as they are what every Runescape player aspires to achieve; maxing their account. I know I am closer than many other players as I have about 250 total level left, but a few of the skills I have are difficult for me.
In the most likely order, I will start tackling my 99s in this order:
Woodcutting: 97/99
Mining: 96/99
Fishing: 88/99
Runecrafting: 87/99
Dungeoneering: 78/85

After those four, the skills I will do will depend upon the wealth I have gained. Hopefully if I gain enough cash I will be able to train Herblore, Prayer and Construction efficiently.
This area will be updated frequently when my ideas form more clearly in my mind.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DAY 1:
Date: 12/25/12

Wealth: Approximately 2.4m
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DAY 2:
Date: 12/26/12

Did not play much except for afking Ivy.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DAY 3:
Date: 12/27/12

Wealth: Approximately 32.2m

Notes: Large gain due to receiving a Dragonstone/Purple Present. Sold my Tree Hat for 22m. The rest of the cash came from Woodcutting, which I am now level 97. About 1.1m from bird nests, the rest from the logs I have acquired. A little side note about the logs, I do not gain them all myself. I have a few friends that are free members, so they train their Woodcutting then give me their logs. Good friends, I must say.
DAY 4:
Date: 12/28/12

Wealth: Approximately 37.6m

Notes: Did some flipping today, nothing big. Training a few skills, mainly Dungeoneering so I can get to Frost Dragons. Currently at 78 Dungeoneering. Slowly gaining wealth. It is getting pretty interesting.
DAY 5:
Date: 12/29/12

Wealth: Approximately 42.5m

Notes: More flipping. Nothing too big here. My cash is slowly rising so hopefully I can keep this steady rate going.
DAY 6:
Date: 12/30/12

Wealth: Approximately 48m

Notes: More flipping, did some skilling and collecting which is why you see the Swamp Lizards and Swamp toads.
DAY 7
Date: 12/31/12

Wealth: Approximately 53.5m

Notes: More merching. I am glad to see a pretty nice weekly wealth increase as I have increased my wealth by over 50m in this past week. Hopefully if everything continues this pattern as well as getting an improvement in my daily gains due to more merching opportunities I will be close to reaching my Party Hat goal within the next few months!
DAY 8:
Date: 1/1/13

Wealth: Approximately 58.7m

Notes: More flipping and collecting today. Tomorrow I plan on playing all day, so expect a large jump in the wealth I gain. I will soon start making vlogs on my daily progress, so stay tuned for that.
DAY 9:
Date: 1/2/13

Wealth: Approximately 68.5m

Notes: A lot of merching today as well as some help from skilling. Approximately 1.3m came from mining Concentrated Gold Ore in the Living Rock Caverns. I also sold my Swamp Lizards for just over 1k each giving me some profit. I also collected some more Swamp Toads and was able to buy some cheap. They are rising so I should see a decent profit margin in that item. Should see another 10m come this week from Mining alone as I plan on reaching 99 in that skill within the next few days. During the next week don't expect a huge increase in profit as I will be planning to start the new year right by gaining two 99s within the next two weeks. After that, expect a big week in wealth for me because I will be focusing on cash and cash only.
DAY 10:
Date: 1/3/13

Wealth: Approximately 68.7m

Notes: As you can tell, this was my slowest day thus far. This is due to training Woodcutting all day without attempting much merching. The approximately 200k increase in wealth is from the bird nests you see above. Tomorrow I will merch then continue on with my Woodcutting, I am 874k away from being 99. This will be my first 99 of the year.
DAY 11:
Date: 1/4/13

Wealth: Approximately 78m

Notes: After I gained 99 Woodcutting I went to town on getting my cash stack back up. As you can see this was a very productive day. I almost made a 10m day gain but I can live with making over 9m. Expect tomorrow to be another large gain as I will be spending the entire time merching and getting my cash stack higher. Do not be surprised if tomorrow is a 10-15m day, possibly up to 20m.
DAY 12:
Date: 1/5/13

Wealth: Approximately 89.7m

Notes: I did merch today for about two or three hours. I also decided to do some collecting. I collected swamp lizards for a few hours. They are rising at the moment, so it's a good idea to collect them and sell them as they are going for well over their Grand Exchange median value.
DAY 13:
Date: 1/6/13

Wealth: Approximately 95.4m

Notes: Did much of my flipping earlier in the day. I tried again during the night but was only successful in gaining about 750k as there was not as much traffic going through the Grand Exchange.
DAY 14:
Date: 1/7/13

Wealth: Approximately 100.4m

Notes: Did merch today, not as well as I thought I could but oh well. Bank would be higher but I bought my friend 400k worth of supplies for Slayer. He is paying me back for it though, giving me all Dragon Bones he gets from Slayer from now until he reaches 99. That should be a decent amount of cash coming my way from him
DAY 15:
Date: 1/8/13

Wealth: Approximately 141.7m

Notes: Yes I know, nobody expected this large of a jump in one day. I will say I am upset with myself that I took this way to gain gold. I gambled with this "Hot or Cold" game and ended up coming out on top 40m. I don't enjoy gambling as it is how I lost my wealth in the first place. I went along with it and won, stopping myself before I could turn this against me. If you ever see a large gain like this from me, it's because I gambled. Sooner or later, yes, this does become the best way to gain cash, but it is also the best way to lose it..
DAY 16:
Date: 1/9/13

Wealth: Approximately 164.6m

Notes: I did something different today after I merched. I only made maybe 2m merching today, so I went and decided to loot drop parties. This actually went very well, as I made around 21.7m from this. I think I found a new activity for gaining money...haha. It may be nooby, but it works.
Day: 36
Date: 1/29/2013

Wealth: Approximately 517.2m

Notes: Was down to 110m from Flowers/Staking. Ended with this tonight. Luck was on my side, won 302m in a row. Thank you Jagex.

Also for those that I haven't told already, this long drought of no updates was due to getting cleaned of all my cash. I had made about 2m back the next day then decided that the only way to get my cash stack back up was to go Flowering again, this time things went in my favor. So since the 11th of January I have gone from cleaned to the amount seen in the picture above. Call it luck? I will agree with you. Call it skill? I'll say you're crazy. Call me crazy for doing it? I like the rush.

Last edited by King Samz on January 29th, 2013, 10:06 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
Bronze Member

Post subject: Re: My Road to a Party Hat and Long term Goals!
Bronze Member

Goals

Week 1
Dates: 12/25/12 through 12/31/12

Stats at beginning of week:

Stats at end of week:

Gains:
95 -> 96 Mining
95 -> 97 Woodcutting
81 ->82 Range
75 -> 78 Dungeoneering

Notes: Slowly gaining my skills back up. Mining and Woodcutting came earlier in the week. Dungeoneering all came from one night of straight Dungeoneering, I believe it was an 11 hour solo session. I only solo Dung, I do not go in teams. Range was the last level I gained which was gained through an Aberrant Spectre task in Slayer. As my bank increases to the point in which I have money in which I can spare be prepared to see an increase in "buyable" skills such as Herblore, Crafting, and Prayer.
99 Woodcutting
Date: 1/4/13

Notes: Finally achieved this easy, yet long 99. It took longer than I originally thought, bu it is done. Next 99 will be either Mining or Runecrafting. If mining, it will be done mining concentrated gold ore at Living Rock Caverns. If Runecrafting, it will be Double Astral runes until 91 then Double Nature, Cosmic, or Astral runes to 99.
Week 2:
Dates: 1/1/13 through 1/7/13

Stats at beginning of week:

Stats at end of week:

Gains:
97 -> 99 Woodcutting

Notes: Only gained Woodcutting levels this week. It isn't the most successful week I have had, but it is better than nothing. Expect more levels this upcoming week.

Last edited by King Samz on January 7th, 2013, 10:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: January 5th, 2013, 4:50 pm 
Bronze Member

Miscellaneous Posts

Hello Everyone
Date: 1/1/13

Wow, feels weird saying 2013. Well, this post is just my rules and opinions on donations and other gifts to aid me in my progress. I do accept donations of any amount. Soon I will begin creating YouTube videos to keep track of my daily and weekly progress to go along with this blog. When I start up my channel I will give shout outs to those people that have donated to me during that week on the day/in the video of my weekly update.

Please know that I am not asking for donations. I feel capable of making enough cash per week that I do not need donations but every little thing will help.

Thanks in advance! Sam.

Random Drop
Date: 1/5/12

Notes: I got a Rare Drop Table drop fro Cockroach Soldiers. That trip ended after one hour of killing roaches. In that trip I brought Nature Runes with a Staff off Fire so I could High Alch Carapace torsos that I crafted using the Carapace dropped by the roaches. This trip ended with with 1.5m in drops. This place usually makes about 100-150k gp per hour. It isn't great, but I was experimenting and luckily got this great drop.

PostPosted: January 5th, 2013, 5:46 pm 
Site Owner

RS Name: mike12088
Clan Name: Bits and Bytes
Good luck on your goals. You seem to be making good progress on making money.

Just a note: Reserved posts are unnecessary on these forums, because there is no character limit for posts. You can post well over 2 million characters in one post.

PostPosted: January 5th, 2013, 5:52 pm 
Bronze Member

Mike wrote:
Good luck on your goals. You seem to be making good progress on making money.

Just a note: Reserved posts are unnecessary on these forums, because there is no character limit for posts. You can post well over 2 million characters in one post.

Oh, alrighty. I didn't know if there was a post limit or not, I assumed there was as most forums do have one.

Thank you as well. I got pretty lucky after Christmas as I was able to gain a Purple Present which I made into a Christmas Tree Hat. I am also pretty lucky that I can merch decently well. I am looking at about 20 weeks until I reach around 1b cash stack :)

PostPosted: January 5th, 2013, 10:39 pm 

RS Name: j1j2j3
Mike, i don't think we'll ever have a 2 million character count in one post.

anyway, good luck on your goal of a party hat.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: January 5th, 2013, 10:39 pm 

PostPosted: January 5th, 2013, 11:09 pm 
Bronze Member

trekkie wrote:
Mike, i don't think we'll ever have a 2 million character count in one post.

anyway, good luck on your goal of a party hat.

Thank you! If I keep this thread going I can see my first post getting there one day :)

PostPosted: January 7th, 2013, 10:23 pm 
Bronze Member

Updated my Wealth as of today (1/7/13) as well as updated my weekly stat gains (1/1/13 through 1/7/13)!

PostPosted: January 16th, 2013, 1:17 am 
Bronze Member

UPDATE: Had 324m, got cleaned, again. Thought I learned my lesson, haha. Back to square one :)

PostPosted: January 27th, 2013, 7:53 pm 
Bronze Member

hi guys i'm back

PostPosted: January 27th, 2013, 11:09 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Duke Juker
Clan Name: Clan Quest
Wish I had that much money. xD

Keep it up. :)

82nd Dragon Member since 05/12/2010
RSBandB Member #517
Current Activities: Ports, Dailies/Monthlies, DXP
Skill Masteries: Firemaking, Cooking, Woodcutting, Fletching, Mining, Agility, Prayer, Smithing, Fishing, Summoning, Construction, Herblore, Hunter, Thieving, Crafting, Divination, Dungeoneering, Farming, Runecrafting, Slayer, Magic, Ranged, Defence, Constitution, Attack, Strength, Invention & 1st Max (3/9/19), Archaeology & 2nd Max (4/16/21), 200m Firemaking, Necromancy

PostPosted: January 27th, 2013, 11:44 pm 
Bronze Member

Duke Juker wrote:
Wish I had that much money. xD

Keep it up. :)

Well, since November I have been cleaned of 298m, 140m, 170m, and 324m, respectively. I'm kinda used to rebuilding now, haha. I'm impressed with myself though; I made a load in under two weeks.

I'm gonna continue this as of now. Gonna also find ways to efficiently train my skills while I'm a free member. I'm thinking Barbarian Village/Grunnarsgrunn for Fishing and possibly Iron Ore for Mining? Idk how crowded iron ore will be though..

PostPosted: January 28th, 2013, 5:10 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Duke Juker
Clan Name: Clan Quest
Wish I was the one who cleaned you. xD I can put that kind of money to good use.

82nd Dragon Member since 05/12/2010
RSBandB Member #517
Current Activities: Ports, Dailies/Monthlies, DXP
Skill Masteries: Firemaking, Cooking, Woodcutting, Fletching, Mining, Agility, Prayer, Smithing, Fishing, Summoning, Construction, Herblore, Hunter, Thieving, Crafting, Divination, Dungeoneering, Farming, Runecrafting, Slayer, Magic, Ranged, Defence, Constitution, Attack, Strength, Invention & 1st Max (3/9/19), Archaeology & 2nd Max (4/16/21), 200m Firemaking, Necromancy

PostPosted: January 29th, 2013, 10:07 pm 
Bronze Member

Updated with today's earnings! :)

PostPosted: February 1st, 2013, 10:44 am 
Mithril Member

RS Name: Matt258
Clan Name: The Slayers Guild
Nice to see your Goals. Add Goal Sigs. Put what you are doing for each Skill. Good luck on getting a Partyhat :)