Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Valor
PostPosted: January 31st, 2010, 1:57 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: lKiwi
RS Status: Classic

First in forever. Me and Steven were gonna do a sig battle with the render but neither of us ever made the thread. If he still want's to do it this would be my entry. Or if someone else wants to enter I can send you the render :D

I put a lot more emphasis on the text than usual and I think it came out pretty good. The only thing I don't like about the signature and wish I would've done it differently is the splatters. They seem to stick out a bit too much and don't blend as well as I wanted.

Rate and CnC pl0x. :)

Edit: for those who don't know, one of my other aliases is syxR, I didn't rip the signature.

I have aliases, LuLz.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: January 31st, 2010, 1:57 pm 
Dragon Member

Post subject: Re: Valor
PostPosted: January 31st, 2010, 2:03 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Ryno nub
RS Status: P2P
I'm sorry, but it isn't one of your best pieces of work. I think you should lower the opacity of the scanlines on the right, they seem to stand out a bit too much. I'm also not too keen on the overall splatter effect you've used on the background and the render like you said yourself. It makes the render stand out on the sig rather than blending in, although some of the blended parts seem very good, like at the top and on Link's hat.

I do however like the text and the font, however the SyxR is a bit difficult to read, perhaps altering the positioning of the letters would make it clearer.

Just my two cents :)

PostPosted: January 31st, 2010, 2:05 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: lKiwi
Ryan wrote:
I'm sorry, but it isn't one of your best pieces of work. I think you should lower the opacity of the scanlines on the right, they seem to stand out a bit too much. I'm also not too keen on the overall splatter effect you've used on the background and the render like you said yourself. It makes the render stand out on the sig rather than blending in, although some of the blended parts seem very good, like at the top and on Link's hat.

I do however like the text and the font, however the SyxR is a bit difficult to read, perhaps altering the positioning of the letters would make it clearer.

Just my two cents :)

Your two cents are appreciated, ya I think I'll lower the opacity on the scanlines and maybe space them out a bit more.

PostPosted: January 31st, 2010, 10:04 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Tim2
RS Status: Retired
Clan Name: Bits and Bytes
I am with Ryan (unless I am posting after you have edited it) the scan lines should have a lower opacity. The SyxR is a little hard to read, maybe spacing it from Valor would make it a little more visible. But besides that it is a very good signature. I really like it.

/ August '15 (Fishing) \

/ Skiller of the Year Wins - 2009 | 2015 \
/ Informer Runescape Writer from 01/27/09 to 9/27/12 | 80th Dragon Member | RSBandB donator \
/Global Moderator April 1st, 2015 - April 1st, 2015\
/ 842 to 99 Dungeoneering & First RSBandBer to 99 Dungeoneering \

PostPosted: February 1st, 2010, 3:14 am 
Black Member

RS Name: Im Profane
RS Status: P2P
Get rid of the scan lines and use C4D's ^^

change the font.

PostPosted: February 1st, 2010, 1:55 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Humus_75
Clan Name: Instinct
death_scyle wrote:
Get rid of the scan lines and use C4D's ^^

change the font.

Hmm yeah, use a soft brush at 15% or so and erase them a bit. Also the smudging/brushing behind Link looks a bit too pixelly and LQ. Make the text smaller/use a different font and take off the glow, move the text closer to your focal point, too, as it draws your eye too much. You don't really need C4Ds, tbh. Just fill up the empty space a bit more. ^^ Not bad though, just needs more. The colour scheme is good ;P

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: February 1st, 2010, 1:55 pm 
Dragon Member

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Forum Index » Off-Topic » Non-RuneScape Discussion » Graphics Central » Valor Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]