Forum rules

• Post lots of detail. Things that should be posted include: time (UTC based is best), date, place, world, and most importantly, what will be happening.
  • Send a PM to Mike or Shane if you would like your event to be added to the forums upcoming events notification.
  • All events must be posted 48 hours (2 days) in advance.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: MaSoRs 8 year Anniversary Drop Party
PostPosted: August 1st, 2011, 8:41 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Ice Blk Drgn
RS Status: F2P
Clan Name: MaSoRs

Dear all,

You are cordially invited to the Miners and Smithers of RuneScape (MaSoRS) 1 billion gp, 8th anniversary drop party. The MaSoRS have been hosting epic parties since 2003, but with the removal of free trade and the wilderness in late 2007, we have been on a four year hiatus. Now, after almost a year of hard work and preparation we're back, and are proud to announce the return of the legendary MaSoRS drop party! Here are the brief details...

Date: 27th August 2011.
Time: 8pm BST, 3pm EDT, 2pm CDT, 1pm MDT, 12pm PDT. Unsure of what time the party is for you? Post your location in this topic and I'll be happy to help out.
World: 14.
F2P?: Yes. The party will be held on a F2P server, and all items dropped will be non members.
Clan Chat: 'MaSoRs'.
Drop Value: Over 1 billion gp worth of items, ready to be dropped or given away in the MaSoRS 'trivia' quiz. (details below.)
Everyone is welcome, so invite your friends!

Drop Party Trailer

Visit our youtube channel for more trailers and other clan videos.

Our community is ever growing, constantly holding events, and generally just helping each other have a fun time in-game. We've existed for years now, since August 28 2003, and have adapted, changed and evolved to accommodate the game that we have all come to love. In this time much has changed, from the evolution to Runescape 2 and Runescape HD, new skills being released, the shifts that occur within our economy - we have seen and experienced it all.

We always appreciate new recruits, so if you're interested in joining our clan, then check out our website here, and our recruitment topic here.

Our first official party was held on November 28th, 2003 to celebrate thanksgiving. Four years and some eight drop parties later, we dropped over 100m worth of items onto the scorched sands of Al Kharid, in celebration of our four year anniversary.

More Drop Party History...
Timeline | Collage | Videos | Pictures

Now we're back, with the biggest drop party in MaSoRS history, in celebration of our 8th anniversary! Our current drop count (including items to be dropped and given away in trivia) is over 1 billion gp and rising. Items to be dropped include...
  • 3000 Rune sets (15k items)
  • 2500 Rune Scimitars
  • 800+ Various Assorted Regular Rune Items
  • Assorted High-Level TT items (Approximately 5m Worth)
  • Roughly 20 Rune (g) sets
  • 25 Rune (t) Sets
  • 50 Adamant (g) sets
  • 25 Adamant (t) sets
  • 25 Black (g) sets
  • 20 Black (t) Sets

Items to be given away in trivia include...
  • 1x Blue Mask
  • 1x Santa
  • 40M in Cash prizes
  • 6 Sara Sets
  • 4 Guthix Sets
  • 5 Zammy Sets
  • 2 Rune (t) Sets
  • 2 Rune (g) Sets
  • 2 Wizard (g) sets

Bank Pictures

Of course, it's not all about the drops. Come along, enjoy the atmosphere, and be a part of MaSoRS history. Image

How MaSoRS drop parties are held: For almost a year now, the members of MaSoRS have been hard at work collecting items for this party. These will be dropped by our members over the course of two hours in Al Kharid, in a proper 'old school' style drop party. Members of MaSoRS will also be on hand acting as masking droppers and firemakers, so if you plan on trying to spoil the fun by telegrabbing the drops, be prepared to waste your runes on an inventory of beer glasses and fire ash!

Trivia: As always, the traditional MaSoRS trivia quiz will be taking part in Al Kharid Palace. Trivia will begin around 1.5 hours into the drop party, and MaSoRS members will let you know when this is happening. A RuneScape trivia question will be asked by a MaSoRS Player Moderator, with the first person to answer correctly winning the prize. We have loads of items to give away, including a Santa Hat, a Halloween mask and sets of trimmed and heraldic armour.
Turn your public chat to 'off' during the trivia - you will be able to hear the Player Moderator ask the question, without it being hidden by the chatter of the drop party.
There is a team of MaSoRS members reviewing each trivia round through frame-by-frame video over and over again, in order to find the person who answered first.

See you at the party, and hopefully within our ranks afterwards.

Kindest regards,
The members of MaSoRS.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: August 1st, 2011, 8:41 pm 
Runite Member

Post subject: Re: MaSoRs 8 year Anniversary Drop Party
PostPosted: August 1st, 2011, 9:29 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Comp Sci
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: W48 Stalkers
Congrats, MaSoRs! 8 years is a long time :wink:

PostPosted: August 1st, 2011, 9:46 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Duke Juker
Clan Name: Clan Quest
So, is this like an anyone on Runescape party or just invitation? I'm thinking the former, and in that case, I'm not feeling lucky. : /

82nd Dragon Member since 05/12/2010
RSBandB Member #517
Current Activities: Ports, Dailies/Monthlies, DXP
Skill Masteries: Firemaking, Cooking, Woodcutting, Fletching, Mining, Agility, Prayer, Smithing, Fishing, Summoning, Construction, Herblore, Hunter, Thieving, Crafting, Divination, Dungeoneering, Farming, Runecrafting, Slayer, Magic, Ranged, Defence, Constitution, Attack, Strength, Invention & 1st Max (3/9/19), Archaeology & 2nd Max (4/16/21), 200m Firemaking, Necromancy

PostPosted: August 2nd, 2011, 5:52 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Ice Blk Drgn
RS Status: F2P
Clan Name: MaSoRs
Anyone on RS.

PostPosted: August 3rd, 2011, 2:55 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: B66f