Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Boss Takedowns and GWD
PostPosted: August 8th, 2010, 5:27 pm 
Mithril Member

RS Name: iLethal
RS Status: P2P
First off, I didnt know if i should have posted this in the events or here but i figured it would be more suited to being here. Seeing that i rejoined rsbandb a little while back i have a couple of questions. I dont know if anything has changed. Anyways, I remember back in the old days BnB was very frequent in having events such as the boss takedown and gwd especially after the double hilts which sadly, i wasnt there for. Now, there seems to be a little bit of a decrease in these events and all i was wondering was, is there a set time to when these events are to take place or is it based on when the event crew feels like having one? Also, can i expect another one anytime soon?

Thanks in advance.

-Lethal

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: August 8th, 2010, 5:27 pm 
Mithril Member

Post subject: Re: Boss Takedowns and GWD
PostPosted: August 8th, 2010, 6:50 pm 
Runite Member

RS Status: Classic
looking in the events section would be your best bet. 99887 was the last one to hold one officially (other than the birthday event at dks).

It has dwindled though so i dont know for sure. Back in your time cheif had excellent events..but he quit -.-

PostPosted: August 8th, 2010, 7:34 pm 
Mithril Member

I just looked there now and the last boss takedown and gwd was on July 27 and August 1 respectively. Yes Chief was very good at what he did. I dont think we will be having another one soon to be quite honest. :(

PostPosted: August 8th, 2010, 7:42 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Tim2
RS Status: Retired
Clan Name: Bits and Bytes
ChrisT wrote:
looking in the events section would be your best bet. 99887 was the last one to hold one officially (other than the birthday event at dks).

It has dwindled though so i dont know for sure. Back in your time cheif had excellent events..but he quit -.-

Chief hasn't fully quit. He's the EC YouTube person right now.

If you would like to see some weekly events some suggestions might be nice for us. We've had troubles with people just not coming (even thought BTD was very popular). Tomorrow is out PC Gaming Event, Team Fortress 2, with the Party Mode set so if you want to come and join us for that, details are
here.

/ August '15 (Fishing) \

/ Skiller of the Year Wins - 2009 | 2015 \
/ Informer Runescape Writer from 01/27/09 to 9/27/12 | 80th Dragon Member | RSBandB donator \
/Global Moderator April 1st, 2015 - April 1st, 2015\
/ 842 to 99 Dungeoneering & First RSBandBer to 99 Dungeoneering \

PostPosted: August 8th, 2010, 11:50 pm 
Site Owner

RS Name: mike12088
Clan Name: Bits and Bytes
Moved topic to RSBandB site section because this is more of a discussion about our community than RuneScape.

Most of the weekly events have been discontinued for now because people stopped showing up for them.

A community is only as good as it's members. If people don't want to support or help out with keeping it active, then it will die down. There is only so much the events crew can do.

PostPosted: August 9th, 2010, 9:40 am 
Mithril Member

Mike wrote:
Moved topic to RSBandB site section because this is more of a discussion about our community than RuneScape.

Most of the weekly events have been discontinued for now because people stopped showing up for them.

A community is only as good as it's members. If people don't want to support or help out with keeping it active, then it will die down. There is only so much the events crew can do.

Thanks for the move.
Last GWD there were 7-8 people and last BTD there were around the same numbers so i dont think they are THAT unpopular.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: August 9th, 2010, 9:40 am 
Mithril Member

PostPosted: August 9th, 2010, 10:15 am 
Cleverly Disguised Spammer

RS Name: Piratesock
Clan Name: The Mushroom Pirate Federation
ilethaldose wrote:
Mike wrote:

Thanks for the move.
Last GWD there were 7-8 people and last BTD there were around the same numbers so i dont think they are THAT unpopular.

Your welcome to host it yourself. I believe the EC was providing more support for user run events.

PostPosted: August 9th, 2010, 8:53 pm 
Mithril Member

Hmm.. well i dont quite trust myself in holding important events soo i probably wont host one anytime soon but we'll see. Thanks for the advice though.