Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: runescape connection issues
PostPosted: August 12th, 2010, 7:55 am 
Mithril Member

RS Name: assasin1999
RS Status: Classic
hey, it's been ages since i was last here, some of you may remember me from the legallize marijuanna thread, and i'm now playing runescape again, but i've run into a connection issue each day since i started playing again, and it starts anywhere from 10am to 1pm GMT, and from then till the next day, i lose connection multiple times, and i get alot of long waits before i can actually see my actions carried out in game, yet when i ran a ping and speed test, everything was fine, i can use xbox live, world of warcraft and watch videos (to an extent) yet runescape is performing porrly. i don't want my membership money to go to waste, so i want to enjoy the game to its fullest, i just updated java, tried google chrome, and it has the same problems are firefox and IE, yet everything else on these browsers work fine. my download speeds aren't the best, but online gaming isn't an issue, as i can play 18 man cames on call of duty fine, play world of warcraft if i want(kinda stopped playing though) so i don't understand why runescape has issues.. i'll list a few specs here if it might help

4GB DDR3 RAM
896MB nVidia Geforce 260GTX
4GHz i5 quad core processor
1TB hard drive (about 600GB of this is free i think)

if you need anything else that might help, just tell me what and how to find it.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: August 12th, 2010, 7:55 am 
Mithril Member

Post subject: Re: runescape connection issues
PostPosted: August 12th, 2010, 2:37 pm 
Mithril Member

RS Name: iLethal
RS Status: P2P
Alright, at first glance, your computer specs are very very good. In fact, they are much better than mine and i can play runescape rather well. So there should be no problem with your computer itself. Seeing that you can play COD and WAW easily, there shouldnt be any problems with your internet connection either. One suggestion. Try going to a world that is close to where you live with very little ping. Ive been lagging a little bit more than i used too as well but my problem hasnt been that severe. It could be a problem with the runescape servers.

PostPosted: August 13th, 2010, 5:58 am 

RS Name: Silverwiz9
Clan Name: RsbandbStaff
Try running a ping test at www.pingtest.net . That'll give you more meaningful information in relation to connection quality, vs just upload/download speeds.

Also, if you're on wireless, check that connection. It's possible that you're very far away from the router, and the signal is getting very weak every so often causing your lag spikes.

PostPosted: August 13th, 2010, 6:42 am 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Southrend
There's also some options with java cache and such. I remember seeing a topic somewhere where some Java options were being tweaked, just to make it run a little faster. I'll try to see if I can find it somewhere.

EDIT: Here's a link. It's not the topic I've originally read, but I believe it does the same

Proud RSB&B Member #570 since 12/27/04
Proud RSB&B Mod since 7/24/05

PostPosted: August 14th, 2010, 3:39 am 
Mithril Member

Pfkninenines wrote:
Try running a ping test at http://www.pingtest.net . That'll give you more meaningful information in relation to connection quality, vs just upload/download speeds.

Also, if you're on wireless, check that connection. It's possible that you're very far away from the router, and the signal is getting very weak every so often causing your lag spikes.

i use that already and it shows my connection is very good, and it's also wired.

PostPosted: August 14th, 2010, 3:48 am 
Runite Member

RS Name: d4fin0
Clan Name: blurblue
ilethaldose wrote:
Alright, at first glance, your computer specs are very very good. In fact, they are much better than mine and i can play runescape rather well. So there should be no problem with your computer itself. Seeing that you can play COD and WAW easily, there shouldnt be any problems with your internet connection either. One suggestion. Try going to a world that is close to where you live with very little ping. Ive been lagging a little bit more than i used too as well but my problem hasnt been that severe. It could be a problem with the runescape servers.

I can play cod MW2, counterstrike source and halo2 on both my systems very well. And i'm still stuck with core2duo (on my laptop), and amd for my desktop (amd).

I'd go with what ilethaldose said. Ive had the same problem as well. But i usually do something else for a little while, then come back. Nad by the time i go to play runescape again, i can play.

Cheers, dafin0 :lol:

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: August 14th, 2010, 3:48 am 
Runite Member

PostPosted: August 14th, 2010, 4:02 am 
Mithril Member

yeah but i go back to it after hours after it starts and no change, i've tried GB servers with 36 ping and it doesn't help, though i used southrends link, so i'm gonna see if that worked

edit: southrends link seemed to have helped, if anything it's an improvment