Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Help! Urgent
PostPosted: June 17th, 2010, 11:17 am 
Runite Member

RS Name: Skoolboyy
RS Status: P2P
so i have a hp pavillion zv5000 laptop. I got the wifi to work, installed the drivers, maybe even more then i need :P but it worked, connected to my internet wifi thing good. When i open ie it doesnt work :l my internet says its working, but its not, its sending and recieving stuff, but cant open anything :l when i click my ip adress thing, it says invalid O_O

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: June 17th, 2010, 11:17 am 
Runite Member

Post subject: Re: Help! Urgent
PostPosted: June 17th, 2010, 12:26 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Azek
Right click, repair

PostPosted: June 17th, 2010, 2:41 pm 

RS Name: Silverwiz9
Clan Name: RsbandbStaff
On RuneWire you were able to ping an address. Does that return a response or not?

If yes, (though I hate helping people fix IE.. Seriously, check out Chrome or Firefox) then go into Internet Explorer then Tools => Internet Options -> Advanced => Reset.

PostPosted: June 18th, 2010, 6:06 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: VettelS
So you're absolutely sure you can connect to the Internet outside IE?

If this is the case, first try another browser, preferably not Chrome. Download Firefox and see if that works. If it does, check Windows Firewall, or any other firewall you have running, to see if IE is being blocked. If IE still won't work, go to Internet Options and ensure you have no proxy set up.
If Firefox doesn't work, again check the firewall. Failing this, check the proxy setting INSIDE FIREFOX (not Internet Options).

Still no luck? Post back.

PostPosted: June 18th, 2010, 12:50 pm 
Runite Member

i cant access internet from anywhere, the ping didnt work. I clicked repair, didnt work :l

PostPosted: June 18th, 2010, 1:12 pm 

What somewhat worries me is that you said you may have 'installed more than [you] need' when it comes to drivers. The computer could be confused if it has the incorrect drivers along with the correct ones.

Try going into Device Manager and deleting all network drivers, then installing just the correct one.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: June 18th, 2010, 1:12 pm 

PostPosted: June 18th, 2010, 4:28 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: VettelS
schoolboy wrote:
i cant access internet from anywhere, the ping didnt work. I clicked repair, didnt work :l

So no browsers are able to connect to the Internet, but Windows is definitely still telling you have an Internet connection? Check to make absolutely sure it tell you that you have an INTERNET CONNECTION and not just a NETWORK CONNECTION.

Try connecting to your router via and Ethernet cable- it could be that your router is blocking Internet traffic. If this works, the problem could still be with your router not allowing Internet traffic via wifi, so check to make sure that everything is configured properly. This should be fairly quick and easy to do, so if it doesn't work, do what Paul suggested and uninstall and then reinstall the drivers. What I also suggest is instead of using the CD-ROM that you are currently, go directly to the manufacturer's website and download the driver from there. This will ensure that you have the latest release, and also that you don't get stuck with a load of bundled junkware that you don't really need.

PostPosted: June 18th, 2010, 8:16 pm 
Runite Member

Pfkninenines wrote:
What somewhat worries me is that you said you may have 'installed more than [you] need' when it comes to drivers. The computer could be confused if it has the incorrect drivers along with the correct ones.

Try going into Device Manager and deleting all network drivers, then installing just the correct one.

Well the thing is, i dont know which ones i need :l

Aquw VettelS 776 wrote:
schoolboy wrote:

So no browsers are able to connect to the Internet, but Windows is definitely still telling you have an Internet connection? Check to make absolutely sure it tell you that you have an INTERNET CONNECTION and not just a NETWORK CONNECTION.

Try connecting to your router via and Ethernet cable- it could be that your router is blocking Internet traffic. If this works, the problem could still be with your router not allowing Internet traffic via wifi, so check to make sure that everything is configured properly. This should be fairly quick and easy to do, so if it doesn't work, do what Paul suggested and uninstall and then reinstall the drivers. What I also suggest is instead of using the CD-ROM that you are currently, go directly to the manufacturer's website and download the driver from there. This will ensure that you have the latest release, and also that you don't get stuck with a load of bundled junkware that you don't really need.

I did go to the website, gotta try that ethernet cable, but it says its sending and recieving fine, i also use this wifi for my ipod touch, so it should be good.

Last edited by Shane on June 19th, 2010, 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please don't double post.

PostPosted: June 19th, 2010, 10:31 pm 

You could try to uninstall all wireless drivers, then plug in via LAN cable and let Windows Update find the correct drivers.

PostPosted: June 20th, 2010, 12:29 am 
Runite Member

RS Name: d4fin0
Clan Name: blurblue
schoolboy wrote:
Pfkninenines wrote:

Well the thing is, i dont know which ones i need :l

Aquw VettelS 776 wrote:
schoolboy wrote:

I did go to the website, gotta try that ethernet cable, but it says its sending and recieving fine, i also use this wifi for my ipod touch, so it should be good.

Just go to device manager, then go to network adapters. then click the intel one (it probably is a intel one, seeing as my laptop is a pavillion as well). Then, right click the intel wireless driver and select update. If that dosent work, try getting a usb adapter and use that (NOTE: disable internal, seeing as you wouldn't need it if you get a usb adapter.)

Also, if you are willing to spend money, you could buy a driver updater software like driver detective. That scans you computer for all outdated drivers and updates them (Registered users only). Or, bring it into a office dpot or something along the lines of that.

Cheers, dafin0 :lol:

PostPosted: July 7th, 2010, 2:43 pm 
Runite Member

Im reinstalling drivers...the wireless card this is actually broadcam... Will have an update in the next couple days.

PostPosted: July 7th, 2010, 4:57 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: d4fin0
Clan Name: blurblue
schoolboy wrote:
Im reinstalling drivers...the wireless card this is actually broadcam... Will have an update in the next couple days.

Hmm. Never heard of broadcam. You must have a different model pavillion then me. How are those updates coming along?

Cheers, dafin0 :lol:

PostPosted: July 8th, 2010, 9:36 am 

Broadcom is one of the most common networking hardware makers.

PostPosted: July 8th, 2010, 12:58 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Status: Classic
dafin0 wrote:
Also, if you are willing to spend money, you could buy a driver updater software like driver detective. That scans you computer for all outdated drivers and updates them (Registered users only). Or, bring it into a office dpot or something along the lines of that.

Why waste money on something you can get for free, and better?
Speccy
Everest Home Edition

PostPosted: July 16th, 2010, 6:47 am 
Runite Member

FML, this might take awhile, didnt activate it and now it wont let me log on, and my codes not working :l FML