Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
Marvel or DC
Marvel 43%  43%  [ 6 ]
Marvel 43%  43%  [ 6 ]
DC 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
DC 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
Total votes: 14
 Post subject: Marvel vs DC
PostPosted: July 9th, 2012, 7:37 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Punisher1288
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: The Cookie Armada
Which do you prefer? Are you a Marvel fan or a DC fan?

Personally, i'm a Marvel fan just for the fact Iron Man is a Marvel creation.

*Member #514*
*Rsbandb Donor*

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: July 9th, 2012, 7:37 pm 
Dragon Member

Post subject: Re: Marvel vs DC
PostPosted: July 9th, 2012, 7:57 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Estor
RS Status: Retired
What movies did DC make? I've heard of them but I genuinely don't know a single **** movie they made. I'm going with Marvel! xD

ImageImage

PostPosted: July 9th, 2012, 7:59 pm 
Dragon Member

Estor wrote:
What movies did DC make? I've heard of them but I genuinely don't know a single **** movie they made. I'm going with Marvel! xD

Green Lantern, Batman, Superman, i'm not sure of any more.

*Member #514*
*Rsbandb Donor*

PostPosted: July 9th, 2012, 9:45 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Estor
RS Status: Retired
Oh so pretty much all the superhero movies I'm not interested in =/

ImageImage

PostPosted: July 14th, 2012, 9:34 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Status: Old School (2007)
Can't believe I haven't seen this thread earlier.
To me, this is the most impossible question in the entire universe. It's not that simple because both companies have EXTREMELY strong characters and plotlines...Movies speaking, Marvel is ten thousands steps ahead of DC because Marvel had the brilliant idea of having an open universe, while DC is only focusing on Batman. But Batman alone make serious competition.

But comics speaking, this is too hard. Marvel was 85% created by the greatest genius ever: Stan Lee. Whom decided to make Heroes with Flaws instead of super idealized unrelateable characters. Marvel have incredibly strong and well developped characters like Magneto (he is one of my favorite)
Because his ''evilness'' is very relative. His goal is to eliminate humans so only mutants will live. It's a part of evolution, the species more evolved destroys the inferior ones. It's 100% logical. And this is where he is so interesting: We made a society with laws and order and made extreme-evolutionarists like him be considered criminal. He is morally wrong, but theorycally right. That's why I think he is one of the best character ever created. Because he is so nuanced, so right in his own vision...But yet to us...Irrevocably evil.

DC has very strong characters but one who truly fascinates me is Superman. Because unlike other heroes, Superman is born Superman. Peter Parker was born Peter Parker and became Spiderman. Bruce Wayne became Batman. But Superman is Superman. Superman made his alter ego: Clark Kent. And he isn't a common alterego: He isn't strong, brave, heroic. No, Clark is a coward, weak and awkward. He made a secret identity not to represent a symbol, but to fit in the crowd. He is the opposite of us. And everyone in the world wants to be Superman. We, as people, would like to always to more, be better, always make the right choice and always win. Supes does that. Everyday, we are trying to be like him.

You see? There are hundreds of heroes/villains in both companies very well created, thus making this question far too hard to be answered truthfully. Marvel has Spidey, Iron Man, Capt, Hulk, Thor, Magneto, Wolverine, Cyclops, Dr Doom, Loki, Green Goblin..Badasses like that.
DC has Batman, Superman, Flash, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter, Green Arrow, Joker, Darkseid, Lex Luthor, General Zod...etc...etc.
Not to mention the Watchmen, created by the legendary Alan Moore who shows a very realistic and different vision to heroes.

All in all, there are too many factors to make me take a side. However, my favorite comic book (graphic novel) is Batman The Killing Joke. The Dark Knight Returns, The Long Halloween, Watchmen and such are also incredible piece of art. But I also love the crossover Civil War on Marvel, Old Man Logan, anything with Deadpool (this guy is awesome) and mostly anything with Spidey.
I suggest anyone to read The Killing Joke (Batman) and Old Man Logan (Wolverine) THESE are the most awesome things I've ever read.

PostPosted: July 14th, 2012, 11:28 pm 

RS Name: j1j2j3
meh one should never limit themselves to only 1 side. it makes them unbalanced.

but batman would kick iron man's asss. and that's without firing missions and laser beams attached to his head.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: July 14th, 2012, 11:28 pm 

PostPosted: July 15th, 2012, 9:44 am 
Dragon Member

trekkie wrote:
meh one should never limit themselves to only 1 side. it makes them unbalanced.

but batman would kick iron man's asss. and that's without firing missions and laser beams attached to his head.

Tony Stark would make Bruce Wayne his towel boy at his summer home.

*Member #514*
*Rsbandb Donor*

PostPosted: July 15th, 2012, 10:03 am 
Dragon Member

Actually DC are currently filming Superman The Man Of Steel (looking badass) and it apprently be the opening door to a Justice League movie. However, since The Dark Knight Rises is ending the story probably means the franchise will be...REBOOTED...How stupid.
But a JL movie would be nice. They don't have the choice. Avengers is now the 3rd highest grossing movie in history. DC must bring competition. And they can.

Iron Man vs Batman? I think it can't be told. Because characters don't have the same strength in their universe. For instance, DC heroes are far stronger and overpowered compared to Marvel's. (Strongest Marvel is Hulk and can lift 100+ tons...Strongest DC is Superman and can lift...1/3 of the Earth, which is 6.6 Sextillion tons, meaning Superman can lift 2.2 Sextillion tons. However, the Silver Age Superman is the strongest because he has unlimited powers and can drag 15 planets without any effort.)
Batman masters 126 martial arts, is an expert in many scientific domains like chemestry, criminology and he is World's Greatest Detective. Not to mention he is (to my estimation) the second smartest man in the world (Mr Terrific says he is #3, and I believe Lex Luthor is #1...So I think Batman is second)

On the other hand. Iron Man is brilliant (3rd smartest man in Marvel, I think...Reed Richards is obviously first, and I believe Dr Doom is 2nd. Meaning Stark is 3rd) and a fantastic scientist. But he doesn't master 126 martial arts. He isn't world's greatest detective. Neither a criminologist.
In the end, Batman is idealized, Iron Man is more realistic. Both awesome characters, but I believe Batman would win. But it wouldn't be an easy fight.

To answer the question «Which movies DC made»:

1966 - Batman (With Adam West and Burt Ward, related to the series) - Funny because of the BAM...SLAP...KEBOW...PROFFFF...WHIZZ...effects but looks terrible today. But still entertaining

1978 - Superman 1 (With Christopher Reeves) - Classic but today it looks poorly made. But in 1978, it looked terrific. To appreciate it, you must not look at the visual.

1980 - Superman 2 - KNEEL BEFORE ZOD! Is entertaining and fun, but not much of a spectacular movie. Again, too old.

1983 - Superman 3 - Crap. They wanted to include Brainiac (WHICH WOULD HAVE BEEN AWESOME) but instead they created a new character and it turned out crap.

1987 - Superman 4 Quest For Peace - EVEN WORSE! Really dumb.

1989 - Batman (With Michael Keaton and Jack Nicholson) - Yeah. That was a terrific and stunning movie 20 years ago. It's a classical today, but not near as good as TDK.

1992 - Batman Returns (With Michael Keaton and Danny Devito) - Some fans love it, some don't. I feel nostalgic while watching it, but it isn't that good. The whole background story around the penguin is pretty stupid.

1995 - Batman Forever (Val Kilmer) - THIS IS THE DUMBEST THING I HAVE EVER SEEN. NIPPLES ON BATCOSTUME? OH JEEZ! It has the worst interpretation of Two Face in history and I don't find Jim Carey convincing as Riddler.

1997 - Batman & Robin (Clooney and Schwarznegger) - HOW COULD THEY DO WORSE THAN BATMAN FOREVER? If you value your life...DON'T WATCH IT, IT COULD KILL YOU. It has the stupidest one liners I have ever heard...«Let's...kick some...ICE!»

2004 - Catwoman - Lololololol...

2005 - Batman Begins - YES! THAT'S IT! My favorite Batman film. Almost perfect. I like the dark and gritty Gotham. The new batman suit is awesome looking and the villains are perfectly cast and chosen. Strong actors, strong plot, everything is amazing.

2006 - Superman Returns - Eh...If you're not into Superman and don't know much about the mythology...You will probably like it. But if you know Superman to the slightest...Disapointment for sure. World's strongest hero fighting a mountain of green rock? Seriously?

2008 - The Dark Knight - Amazing movie. Joker steals the show but everything in the movie is pretty much perfect. I've seen it at least 12 times.

2009 - Watchmen (They're from DC, but just not in the same universe or continuity as Batman, Supes, etc.) - Well that's a hard one. First of, it's NOT an action movie. You have to watch it for the plot and characters. At first, I hated it because I was sold to an action movie and got a physics lecture. Second time watching it I said...Not too bad. Third time...This movie is incredible. But watch it for character developpement and plot instead of action. You'll realize how amazing is the writing of this movie.

2011 - Green Lantern - Laughable. Not horrible but far from the good ones. Storyline is weak but the character is nicely portrayed. CGI can be annoying however.

PostPosted: July 15th, 2012, 12:33 pm 
Cleverly Disguised Spammer

RS Name: Piratesock
Clan Name: The Mushroom Pirate Federation
Quote:
The Dark Knight Rises is ending the story probably means the franchise will be...REBOOTED...How stupid.]

I dunno. Worked for spiderman. The new films pretty good. The last 3 were ****. Course the batman films are already awesome but as long as they don't go over old ground and use some new bad guys I'd be all for more batman. I'd like to see them try and do the penguin in the darker more grounded world of the new batman films. Riddler? Two face has to pop up at some point after what happened in knight rises.

As long as it remains dark and gritty. Can't go back to the old wacky films.

PostPosted: July 15th, 2012, 1:34 pm 
Dragon Member

I agree with some point. The Amazing Spiderman is far superior to the previous three. I liked the first two but the third was an utter piece of garbage. And I like Gwen far more than MJ. Gwen bring help to Spidey, while MJ was just screaming like an idiot.
Concerning Batman, well it's not that I'm against reboot, it's because I think it's the easy solution to every issue. It's always reboot after reboot after reboot. The universe of Batman that Mr Nolan created is genius, and it will be really hard to make better than that. It is possible, but not an easy task. I think the vilain will be The Riddler, like you mentioned. Because before Nolan said he was coming back for TDKR with Bane and Catwoman...Warner said they wanted the Riddler as the main vilain with Leonardo DiCaprio portaying him. So I guess Riddler will be chosen. I'm not sure they'll bring back Two Face because we've seen him enough. He was in Batman Forever (Poorly portrayed by Tommy Lee Jones) and The Dark Knight (Awesome performance)...So putting him in the next saga would be pretty much recycling the same things all over again. And Batman has alot of more interesting vilain that hasn't been shown to the big screen yet.

-A new vision to the Penguin would be cool (But more as a Mobster)
-Black Mask (I wanted him in TDKR as the successor of Maroni)
-A new Riddler to make me forget about Batman Forever
-Killer Croc maybe? (Well...wouldn't that be similar to The Amazing Spider-man?)
-Hugo Strange?
-Firefly?
-Hush (more recent enemy that has a common past with Bruce Wayne)

I'm pretty much against Mr Freeze for the horrible appearance in Batman & Robin that still gives me nightmare and I'm also against Mad Hatter because I can't really picture a way to make him menacing.
While Harley Quinn is my favorite vilain in Batman, introducing her would be the worst idea EVER! The reason why fan love Harley is because she is funny, cute and overly happy. Which wouldn't be serious in a dark movie.
I can't imagine a Batman movie franchise without the Joker. But not before at least the 3rd film (or even the final movie) We've got to wait a long time before putting him again because people still have Heath Ledger in their minds.

PostPosted: July 16th, 2012, 11:06 am 
Runite Member

RS Name: blethorskite
Clan Name: Fealty Stars
Has to be Marvel for me.

ImageImage

PostPosted: July 16th, 2012, 4:26 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Jade Gizmo
Clan Name: Pawscape
Not to get into great detail (on the count I don't know any..)
Never was big into superheros or comics.

But gonna go with DC > Marvel.

Got Aquaman.. Cat Woman (villain) and the Teen Titans.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Forum Index » Off-Topic » Non-RuneScape Discussion » Marvel vs DC Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ]