Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: New summoning changes
PostPosted: December 3rd, 2013, 10:21 pm 

RS Name: j1j2j3
RS Status: P2P
What do you guys feel about the new summoning change?

it seems it would let people do the whole make the pouches in front of a bank and then charge them all later on. but it seems with the whole summoning guy in taverly you can sell your noted tert and buy it back to keep training. what are all your thoughts?

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: December 3rd, 2013, 10:21 pm 

Post subject: Re: New summoning changes
PostPosted: December 4th, 2013, 6:13 am 
Chat Moderator

RS Name: Pyrnassius
It confused me when I went to make some pack yak pouches, because i hadn't realized they had updated it. You would lose a bit of money, but in exchange you get faster xp. I tried it with graahk fur to see how much... he buys for 43gp and sells back for 144gp, so a loss of 101gp per pouch. That's not too bad considering how much faster it makes it. However, since the pouch costs 4.6K and he buys them for 1.2K, that's a pretty substantial loss; especially considering if you buy the fur on the GE, it costs 7.6K. I'll stick to just running as I always did. It just adds an extra step in the pouch making process though, so it will actually take more time!
I prefer it the old way, I'm sorry

Post subject: Re: New summoning changes
PostPosted: December 5th, 2013, 12:11 pm 
Chat Moderator

RS Name: Firemana
Clan Name: Problem Solvers
To me it seems like Jagex 'fixed' something that wasn't broken, again...

Yes, we can make pouches at the bank now but does that really save us anything? I liked the fact that we could make 25 per trip - easy calculation. 4 trips = 100. Now we imbue 28 per trip, not as easy to calculate.

I suppose with these spirit gem things it may be a bit better, but again those are limited use. If they were permanent, kinda like rune essence pouches, then they would really be beneficial.
Sapphires hold 5, up to 5 times.
Emeralds hold 10, up to 10 times.
Rubies hold 15, up to 15 times.
We can't fill them from the bank either, so again, just more time wasted. With the Taverly obelisk so close and being able to teleport to Piscatoris and Daemonheim, banking has never been an issue.

To me this change seems more like it was designed as a timesink than as a benefit to the players. We were used to the shards, pouches, charms + mats then to obelisk, why change it now nearly 6 years after release(holy spirit shards, it's been 6 years?!).

88th Dragon Member : Informer Writer : Content Crew : Chat Moderator ::
"If it ain't broke, dun fix it."