Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: RSBANDBUpdate! 375 - Foreign Access
PostPosted: August 25th, 2012, 3:33 pm 
Site Owner

RS Name: shane12088
RS Status: P2P
Skill-Fuuu, the most recent addition to Solomon's General Store, the new Al-Kharid design, and summer still continues.
Download Now
Direct Download - 64 Kbit MP3 (Full Show Notes)

Hosts: Shane and Trekkie
Duration: 1:30:07

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: August 25th, 2012, 3:33 pm 
Site Owner

Post subject: Re: RSBANDBUpdate! 375 - Foreign Access
PostPosted: August 26th, 2012, 10:24 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Estor
RS Status: Retired
Good Episode. BTW Shane I say to do combat now for summoning rather than doing it with the EoC there's only so much time left with the current system, EoC will probably be around for the rest of Runescape unless...

A) There's another combat update after EoC (far in the future if any)

OR

B) Jagex "splits" the game like RSC & RS2 (forget the word you guys used)

When I heard Uncle Dano's question/voice I was like. "...0_0(wooooow)..."

ImageImage

PostPosted: August 27th, 2012, 6:24 am 
Chat Moderator

RS Name: Uncle Dano
Clan Name: Knights of Honour
Note to self: Use caution when listening to RSBANDBUpdate while driving.

Oh my goodness, nearly drove off the road I was laughing so hard. No, Trekkie... I'm not trying to take over the podcast. Really! LOL. I wouldn't have the podcast any other way than it is now.

Great show as always.

Slinks away into the shadows for a while.

Uncle Dano

Web: Uncle Dano's RS Wiki | RS Hiscores: Uncle Dano

PostPosted: August 31st, 2012, 2:40 pm 
Bronze Member

RS Name: ViruzzzDK
I needed something to listen to, and I had run out of other podcasts, so i looked for something RS related, and found this podcast.

The podcast overall was great, until you got to the section where you talked about the video featuring Julian Assange.
That thing was the most biased piece of garbage I have seen in a long time! It sounds like something coming out of North Korea, this is journalism at its absolute worst.

Whether or not you agree with the basic premise that what he helped release was a bad thing, this video contains many pieces of information that help its message and almost none that hurt it, the supporting and the unsupporting facts(those few that are mentioned) are presented in a completely different way.

I'm aware you didn't create this abysmal piece of junk, but you did direct people to it.

Bias on this magnitude annoys me greatly (including the opposite case, where it is nothing but praise). At this point I have only listened to the one podcast, so I don't know if this is normal or not, but I felt the need to comment.

PostPosted: August 31st, 2012, 3:54 pm 
Site Owner

RS Name: shane12088
Viruzzz wrote:
That thing was the most biased piece of garbage I have seen in a long time! It sounds like something coming out of North Korea, this is journalism at its absolute worst.

Whether or not you agree with the basic premise that what he helped release was a bad thing, this video contains many pieces of information that help its message and almost none that hurt it, the supporting and the unsupporting facts(those few that are mentioned) are presented in a completely different way.

I'm aware you didn't create this abysmal piece of junk, but you did direct people to it.

It's not journalism, it's an opinion piece. And as a part of the creation of this podcast we feel everyone should be free to express the opinion they want. If someone wanted to show a video that promoted the exact opposite view I would have no problem with it.

As a listener of Update you can expect we'll share the relevant pieces of RS news and present our opinion on them based on the true feeling of what the panel thinks. RS is our primary focus since in large majority that's the primary focus of our listener base. Anything covered in tech news and other things is extra and we'll follow the same principles we do for our RS segment, express our opinion as we see it on the subject at hand.

I'm sorry that you didn't find the video interesting but it was a piece that I agreed with and wanted to share it. With this being said there have been picks of the week that I did not agree with but I let them appear on the show in the interest of the freedom of personal expression.

So no it's not the norm but there's no limit on what can be used for a pick of the week unless it's rule breaching.