Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: [Informer Article] It's Dungeoneering Time!!! (Part 9)
PostPosted: September 9th, 2011, 5:56 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Tim2
RS Status: Retired
Clan Name: Bits and Bytes
Hello everyone, I'm back with another article about the Dungeoneering Bosses. I'm going to be covering the last three Occult floor bosses. These bosses are going to start getting harder and harder, so make sure you have some team mates that can help you kill the boss, or else it'll take a while to kill it by yourself.

Necrolord is a very annoying boss to fight. It can become easier, but I'll get more into that later on. This is a boss you cannot melee, you need to use ranged or magic to attack him so make sure you have a bow or runes to do some damage. For the first little bit, it will be your team vs Necrolord but he will eventually summon skeletons to attack you, which do a lot of damage. At this point, you can do one of three things that are viable ways to kill him. You can either all split up and just attack with protect from melee on so you take less damage from the skeletons as you kill Necrolord. If you can't do the last method I'm going to talk about, this is the next best option for you to do. Another option is to teleport out as soon as the skeletons appear and wait for them to die, then go back in and attack, but I would not recommend this because it takes some time. The last method and what I think is the fastest is where you have four of your team mates with bows attacking Necrolord and yourself (or the person with the lowest ranged level) is standing above them, tanking the skeleton damage while they go with the Hexhunter bows and just deal 600+ damage per shot, make the fight last a couple of minutes, instead of 5-9 minutes. At the end of the fight, you will get some tier of chap, which is something you can just skip over and quickly get over to the next floor, in which you might face the next boss I'm going to be talking about this article.

Flesh-spoiler Haasghenahk (pronounced here [might want to lower your sound for this ;)]) is the next boss I'm going to talk about. This is a boss that can be annoying, but one of the easier bosses you're going to fight while in the Occult floors because he is quite simple to fight. Basically, all you do is have one person tank with protect from melee while the rest of you use the stab attack style and have protect from magic on. After you kill this first stage, quickly get protect from melee on and stick to stab and you'll finish him of fast. He drops platelegs, so this drop might be what you're looking for.

Yk'Lagor the Thunderous has to be one of the hardest bosses to solo if you get a team that cannot help you out at all. This boss is complicated and to not take little to no damage you are not going to want any lag during the fight. When you fight him, make sure people aren't opening doors or else you can have a lot of bad things happen. To start off this fight, you need to attack some of the mysterious mages to the point that Yk'Lagor can break out, but at that point, you need to RUN! He has two specials that he can use on you. One of them will drag you to the middle of the map, disable your prayer, and not allow you to heal or teleport. He will also heal himself 15% for each player he drags onto the middle, so watch out. He normally does this right after he escapes so make sure you aren't out in the open. His other special makes an earthquake on the ground and deals A LOT of damage, up to 990 LP. You have time to dodge these specials so make sure you do, or else a lot of bad things can happen to you. He is weak to slash attacks so make sure you are using that attack style to quickly get this boss out of the way. There are ways to kill Yk'Lagor without taking any damage, but it would require a whole article just o talk about it so basically, make sure you get out of the way in time, protect from melee always active and use ggs and gs ti get to different places. At the end of the long battle, Yk'Lagor will drop some tier of Battleaxe, which is a weapon I would recommend picking up and binding.

Part 9 is now done with one more to go. Next article is going to try to talk about the all of the warped floor bosses. I hope you enjoyed the article; this is all I have for now, Tim Out!

This article was originally posted as an Informer Runescape article.

/ August '15 (Fishing) \

/ Skiller of the Year Wins - 2009 | 2015 \
/ Informer Runescape Writer from 01/27/09 to 9/27/12 | 80th Dragon Member | RSBandB donator \
/Global Moderator April 1st, 2015 - April 1st, 2015\
/ 842 to 99 Dungeoneering & First RSBandBer to 99 Dungeoneering \

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: September 9th, 2011, 5:56 pm 
Rsbandb Donor