Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: RSBANDBUpdate! 311 - We're Just a Children's Show
PostPosted: June 4th, 2011, 3:14 pm 
Site Owner

RS Name: shane12088
RS Status: P2P
The Fremennik Sagas, what June offers us, and most importantly Jagex's futile social efforts. All that and more on this episode of RSBANDBUpdate!

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: June 4th, 2011, 3:14 pm 
Site Owner

Post subject: Re: RSBANDBUpdate! 311 - We're Just a Children's Show
PostPosted: June 4th, 2011, 3:52 pm 
Mithril Member

RS Name: Mercifull
Clan Name: Council of Elders
bugger, i knew i'd forgotton something this week... recording an audio question :P

PostPosted: June 5th, 2011, 11:42 am 

RS Name: Lord Earth
Clan Name: Clan Quest
Oh, Shane,
I pasted that tweak and fix about Ned coming out of the closet, kicking his wife out and bringing in that man to you and you know it :P

Global Moderator since August 25, 2014 18:30:29

PostPosted: June 6th, 2011, 6:14 am 
Chat Moderator

RS Name: Uncle Dano
Clan Name: Knights of Honour
Great show guys! A couple of comments:

Microtranactions: Shane, I do not believe that you should be able to BOTH buy and earn a particular reward. Microtransactions are o.k. I guess if that is the ONLY way to obtain the item, and the item does not give any specific advantage in-game other than for appearances (aesthetic value). If you are able to earn a reward in game by working to achieve it, and especially if the reward gives some kind of bonus above aesthetics, then you should not also be able to buy it through a microtransaction. This would entirely devalue the item with respect to it's status. You should not be able to buy your way ahead of others in the game. That is just wrong in my opinion. There is way too much of that type of contamination of the game already and wreaks of RWT.

Social Stigma: King Kulla, I believe that the sentiment of there being a social stigma around people knowing you play RS is not across the board. It would entirely depend on where you live and what demographic of society you most often interact with. I can understand that this might be common in an urban high school in the U.S.A. But, consider that this game is played worldwide and played by a wider ranging group of people than you probably think. I consider myself extremely fortunate in that I live in a relatively small town in southern Ontario, Canada. The teens in my town actually don't think it's uncool to play RS and in fact think it is awesome that I (a somewhat older individual) is really into the game. I've been bragging about my recent gift from Jagex (commemorative edition Bandos hoodie) and everyone thinks it's awesome that I wear it. I also get all sorts of compliments when I wear my RS T-shirt and ball cap in public. I feel very sad when I hear that someone would be embarrassed to wear any RS gear in public for fear of ridicule. We all love playing the game. Who cares what other people think? Why wouldn't you want to show your status as a fan of the game by wearing a T-shirt? In my part of the country, it is cool to do that. I feel very lucky.

Great job on the podcast, gentlemen. I always enjoy listening.

Web: Uncle Dano's RS Wiki | RS Hiscores: Uncle Dano

PostPosted: June 9th, 2011, 1:59 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: MetalManiac9
Clan Name: Runescape Elites
Game music increased the experience indeed, but only when a story is told in my opinion.
Like for example, my favourite games from back in the day (Ocarina of Time, Final Fantasy 8/9) have all amazing music.
And from time to time I still listen to those songs online.
But I think for RuneScape it's different.
Most of the time you'll be doing the same thing, so if you keep hearing the same music it'll get boring.
That's why when I train skills or something I listen to my MP3's on my computer, evil music as you call it. :D
However, when I'm doing a quest I ALWAYS turn on the RS music.
And there are some great songs in there too.
The last quest is an example of that.

Also, I think the Bandos godsword is only good if you want to kill General Graardor and you don't have enough money to buy an Armadyl godsword or get a chaotic weapon.
For simple things like slayer an abyssal whip is way better.
So a Bandos godsword is not worth buying anymore.

The pick of this week is very related to my interests.
Thank you for sharing.

↓▼↓