Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Xbox 360 fall update info revealed - big news
PostPosted: November 13th, 2007, 8:51 am 
Cleverly Disguised Spammer

RS Name: Piratesock
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: The Mushroom Pirate Federation
http://www.joystiq.com/2007/11/13/fall- ... -december/

:shock:

Now if these games include achievements, are updated and improved perhaps like they do with the arcade classics. Then daaaaam that's a good idea.

Having an Xbox already if there just releasing the same xbox games with no changes I wont bother $15 and that being even higher here in the UK isn't worth my time, i can buy the game second hand for cheaper.

But if they've updated and included achievements thats very tempting. Either way anyone who missed out on the xbox now has a real big opportunity. This is a really great idea by MS.

This is a sign of the future. Live anywhere. Download your video games and play them anywhere in the world under your gamertag on the pc or the 360.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: November 13th, 2007, 8:51 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 13th, 2007, 9:24 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Kangas Khan
Clan Name: MaSoRs
Oooh, that's good. I've always had problems running Halo: CE on my 360.

Pity I don't have xbox live. ^^

Last edited by Anubis on November 13th, 2007, 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 13th, 2007, 9:28 am 
Dragon Member

RS Status: Classic
OH. GOD. THAT'S FIGGING AWESOME.

Not only i've enjoyed playing Arcade games and Orginal Xbox games, now they bring this. Fable, Burnout 3 and Halo CE will go to my download list to pretty quick. :o

And 1200 MS points is pretty cheap, only about 15€. This is gonna be SO awesome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 13th, 2007, 11:01 am 
Dragon Member

i agree with creepy, i already got most of the games i liked on normal xbox, so id only bother if they have achievements or xbox 360 only extras.

Dragon Member #49 as of|25/11/2006
SOTW wins:
[32] [33]

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 13th, 2007, 11:24 am 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Limpin
Oh my freaking GOD! Looks like Bill Gates is actually putting his company to good use now, eh? Well, Microsoft now gets annother point.

Well, 1200 MC Points is $30 in the US... Well, I'm going to just have to get a better paying job. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 13th, 2007, 11:56 am 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Bogrollbloke
Before you think this is incredibly original, Wii have let you download any Nintendo game released since it was first brought out.

Not saying it's bad or anything, but yarh I have all the cool games for Xbox that I would want to play on anyway...

Drop me a request on XBL, GamerTag is Barrett 1337

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: November 13th, 2007, 11:56 am 
Dragon Member

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 13th, 2007, 12:32 pm 
Dragon Member

Steven wrote:
Well, 1200 MC Points is $30 in the US... Well, I'm going to just have to get a better paying job. :P

No it's not. :/

1200 MS points is around $15.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 13th, 2007, 12:48 pm 

Bogrollbloke wrote:
Before you think this is incredibly original, Wii have let you download any Nintendo game released since it was first brought out.

Not saying it's bad or anything, but yarh I have all the cool games for Xbox that I would want to play on anyway...

Naa.

Wii has let you download some of Nintendo's old back catalog. You CAN'T download gamecube games. Which would be a good feature for it to have tbh cause gamecube games are hard to come across.

All Nintendo did was the arcade, same as the 360s and the PS3s it's just they had a better, bigger back catalog to fall back on. This is pretty original if you ask me cause most of these games aren't all that old.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 13th, 2007, 4:51 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Sevith
Clan Name: RSBandB of course!
Aww wtf :( I just bought Fable: TLC yesterday. I can sell it back real easily though :)

The only reasons I will buy those games is if they have Xbox 360 bonus content or have achievements. Otherwise, I don't care.

Marty O' Donnell says Howdy :)!

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 13th, 2007, 5:43 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Static Muse
I'll probably grab Fable if it comes with achievements. Either that or just wait for Fable 2 which will be out soon anyways.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 13th, 2007, 9:16 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Xolor
I doubt Halo will be improved or have achievements, it would take a lot of more coding work, I doubt they would pull their people off Halo 3 for something like that

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 13th, 2007, 10:28 pm 
Site Owner

RS Name: mike12088
Clan Name: Bits and Bytes
CreepyPirate wrote:
Bogrollbloke wrote:

Naa.

Wii has let you download some of Nintendo's old back catalog. You CAN'T download gamecube games. Which would be a good feature for it to have tbh cause gamecube games are hard to come across.

All Nintendo did was the arcade, same as the 360s and the PS3s it's just they had a better, bigger back catalog to fall back on. This is pretty original if you ask me cause most of these games aren't all that old.

They still make gamecube game discs though, and the wii plays gamecube discs so how are gamecube games hard to come across? Not like the wii has space for even 1 full gamecube game anyways :P

Even for xbox if these are the full versions of the games, they'd be pretty huge. Anyone wanting to download these would fill up their hard drives pretty quick. Wouldn't you be better off just buying the original game on disc second hand rather than buying another hard drive?

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 14th, 2007, 3:14 am 

Mike wrote:
CreepyPirate wrote:
Bogrollbloke wrote:

Naa.

They still make gamecube game discs though, and the wii plays gamecube discs so how are gamecube games hard to come across? Not like the wii has space for even 1 full gamecube game anyways :P

Even for xbox if these are the full versions of the games, they'd be pretty huge. Anyone wanting to download these would fill up their hard drives pretty quick. Wouldn't you be better off just buying the original game on disc second hand rather than buying another hard drive?

Eh, can't buy gamecube games here. Shops just don't seem to stock them anymore.

As for size, ya, i guess we'll have to wait and see about the size you might be better off with a 120gig. Either way, there not worth buying if there not updated. I get the feeling they wont be changed at all but if that was the case i'd not use the service and i doubt a lot of others would either. You'd have to be stupid to pay more for a game you can get for cheaper elsewhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 14th, 2007, 3:50 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Kangas Khan
Clan Name: MaSoRs
CreepyPirate wrote:
Eh, can't buy gamecube games here. Shops just don't seem to stock them anymore.

Yeah, I pop into Game every weekend or so and I very rarely see Gamecube games in, unless they're in the preowned section. Then again, it's probably down to the fact no-one bought gamecube games, cause no-one bought a gamecube. I doubt very much that many of the gamecube's games will be a hit on the wii anyway though, apart from the obvious few like Wind Waker and Super Smash bros. melee.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 17th, 2007, 12:36 am 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Xolor
Confirmed games will not be updated. Of course not.