Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: my first guide.
PostPosted: June 22nd, 2006, 8:33 pm 
Bronze Member

RS Name: Welmby
RS Status: P2P
to my knowledge this is all my own work. Thanks to Mags for proof reading. Created by Welmby

Craft Guide.

To level craft quickly off the bat is to do the Prince Ali, Goblin Diplomacy and the sheep sheer quests.

The prince Ali quest will come in very handy because there are only two tanners in the f2p area in the town of al-kharid and in the craft guild (level 40 to enter).

Step 1: Go to al-kharid craft store and buy one of each mould, a needle and 10 thread minimum. For each 7 items it uses one thread roll on average.

Step 2: Kill cows for leather and tan at the tanner in al-kharid using 1 GP per hide and make into soft leather. Then USE the needle on the soft leather and then right click the usable type and choose all or x and type in however many leathers you are holding. Do this until at least level 7.

Step 3: now you have to choose to either make pottery or keep going with the leather. IF you plan to cook now is a good time to do pottery and stock up on cooking equipment. Take your pick to a mine and start getting clay. Find a bucket (there is a free one at the farm near falador) and fill it with water then USE it with the clay to make it soft. Personally if I’m doing this I get 8 buckets and 20 clay at a time to speed things up a bit. NOW go to barbarian village and USE the soft clay with the potter wheel and make what you can by right clicking the choice and choose the largest amount possible. THEN right click the pottery oven (Kiln) and right click the object and choose the proper amount. Do this until you can’t make anymore pottery items.

Step 4: Best thing now is to start on jewelry. Please note gold and silver smelting will come in handy and be a lot cheaper. NOTE: you can start making gold rings at level 5. To make jewelry you need the moulds and bars required. Silver is used for tiaras and holy symbols. Gold is used for most other items. To make an item make sure you have the proper mould and bar in your inventory, then USE the bar with the closest furnace. Al-kharid and Edgeville mines have both gold and silver, Port Sarim has gold. Depending on where you are Lumbridge, Falador and Al-kharid all have furnaces.

Step 5: For jewelry with gems you’ll need a chisel an uncut gem. Use the chisel with the gem to cut it. IF you get lucky you can buy gems at the shops, but most are private sales. Personally I pay 250 for a sapphire (blue gem), 500 for an emerald (green gem), 1000 for a ruby (red gem) and 2000 for a diamond then offer a bonus after 10 of one kind of gems.

AFTER THOUGHT: Make sure you have lots of wool on hand. Leather bodies sometimes can be sold in Varrok at the clothes shop Port sarim has a jewlery shop to sell at. The best things to do is to hi-alc them or sell to a member if it’s not an amulet.

My store is run through this site - forums.cjb.net/runescapehelper.html.
Please come look to see how we can assist you.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: June 22nd, 2006, 8:33 pm 
Bronze Member

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 22nd, 2006, 11:49 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Punisher1288
Clan Name: The Cookie Armada
not a bad guide, some pics would make this 10x better tho. overall nice guide

*Member #514*
*Rsbandb Donor*

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 23rd, 2006, 7:39 am 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Gontcha
Clan Name: Pork Forces, gtfo MM!!
i think a reel of thread uses up after 5 hides, correct me if I'm wrong

Post subject: threads
PostPosted: June 23rd, 2006, 10:47 am 
Bronze Member

RS Name: Welmby
i think it's 5 to 7 items per spool, as for pictures i haven't mastered that yet.

My store is run through this site - forums.cjb.net/runescapehelper.html.
Please come look to see how we can assist you.