Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: touchpad $99 1 night only
PostPosted: December 11th, 2011, 1:30 pm 

RS Name: j1j2j3
RS Status: P2P
Who’s ready for another crazy round of HP tablets selling like crazy for the low low price of just $99? New details have now confirmed HP will be having a huge sale on refurbished TouchPads starting at $99 for the 16GB model and going up from there. Sunday December 11th on the HP Ebay Store you’ll get a chance to snag an awesomely cheap tablet — then install CM7 on that bad boy.
Apparently starting December 11th (Sunday) at 6:00 PM Central time the Ebay store will open up and start accepting orders for the refurbished units. I have a feeling things will get a little crazy and they’ll probably sell like hot cakes. Obviously we are an all Android site but we’ve covered the HP TouchPad a few times so be sure to hit up our TouchPad Portal. From there you’ll see information on Android OS installations such as CM7 and more for the TouchPad.

We are hearing there will be limited quantities but I have a feeling they have a pretty big stash. Users will be required to pay via paypal but that shouldn’t be an issue for most that have used Ebay in the past. Although this is awesome news there is a small catch:

— The tablets will be refurbished tablets.
— TouchPads are limited to two per customer.
— All sales are final.
— There is only a 90 day warranty.

I’ll be sure to snag my limit of two if the opportunity presents itself and then install CM7 on it immediately. If you’d like to see a quick demo video of CM7 alpha on the TouchPad then see this post. It was recently updated to alpha 3 and should work quite well for all you current and future TouchPad users.

http://androidcommunity.com/hp-touchpad ... ebay-store-20111207/

one night only

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: December 11th, 2011, 1:30 pm 

Post subject: Re: touchpad $99 1 night only
PostPosted: December 11th, 2011, 2:40 pm 

RS Name: Silverwiz9
Clan Name: RsbandbStaff
I've got a 32GB Touchpad from the initial fire sale. Decent hardware, though I've already got a small crack near the speaker.. And I don't mistreat my belongings. It's never been mishandled, and it does seem to be a fairly common occurance. Bit of annoying IMO.

But other than that, Android via Cyanogenmod is coming along nicely, and WebOS is going Open Source soon, so updates and new operating systems are on the horizon.

Same screen as the Ipad1+Ipad2 (1024x768 IPS display), 1.2Ghz dual-core ARM processor (easily overclockable to 1.5Ghz with little or no impact on battery life.. and a nice performance increase), and plenty of others with the same device who plan on hacking and keeping it in good working order.

Personally, I'd also recommend the Touchstone dock, as you can have a nice clock or digital photo frame if you're not actively using the device.

Post subject: Re: touchpad $99 1 night only
PostPosted: December 11th, 2011, 5:40 pm 

RS Name: j1j2j3
all gone too late. man couldn't even get to the buying screen.