Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Sandbox
PostPosted: May 1st, 2011, 5:22 pm 
Site Owner

RS Name: shane12088
RS Status: P2P
We don't typically bring these things up because if we do it has the possibility of stifling group discussion. In the past if I've mentioned we're discussing something it seems as though the community has taken it as a que that the decision will be made for them and there's no need for them (the community) to talk about it further. We want the discussion to continue regardless of what we're thinking either way.

As for your second point about the poll, the vast majority of decisions we make would reflect that outcome. I'd say an overwhelming majority of the time we decide based on what the topic(s) about the issue say. The times we don't it's either due to logistics or implementation. Polling also has it's own problems in making sure people don't create false accounts just for voting.

The best way to make yourselves heard is to discuss the issue in an orderly manner while providing solid reasons. Don't argue with others about their stance on the decision, post your own ideas. It's better that way since we can see clearly what people are interested in.

With that being said I guess I will say that you can expect something from us this week sometime.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: May 1st, 2011, 5:22 pm 
Site Owner

PostPosted: May 1st, 2011, 5:32 pm 

RS Name: Silverwiz9
Clan Name: RsbandbStaff
We've been talking about this officially elsewhere for just shy of a month, and we've all got varying opinions. Sorry for not posting those opinions so much here, but there's issues beyond what the community at large sees that we have to consider.

As Shane said, we'll be looking in this thread as well as our own discussion to formally make a decision, so please be sure to have an awesome PRO / CON if you feel strongly for one opinion or the other.

PostPosted: May 2nd, 2011, 4:05 am 
Cleverly Disguised Spammer

RS Name: Piratesock
Clan Name: The Mushroom Pirate Federation
Lets assume the apocalypse is happening and everyone is going to stop posting all together and Mike and Shane go homeless and stop running this site. There now under a bridge eating cold baked beans and it's a toss of the coin which one of them kills the other first cause Shanes missing star trek and Mike's getting a bit tired of hearing about it. I'll entertain that idea even if i don't think it's true.

How is adding a sub forum titled "Sandbox" going to change ****. The only reason it was good was because people at the time made it good. Your saying they've all left. And i certainly wont bother posting in there cause frankly i still make the same stupid threads I've always made and losing that place really made little to no difference to me. And I'll just get stupid messages posted on them in there and not serious scotched egg debate.

In fact it might be worse for me cause my topics might get moved into there. That'd be annoying.

CON - CREEPYS STUFF WOULD ALMOST DEFINITELY GET PUT IN THERE.
CON - CREEPY WOULD CRY.
CON - ICANTTHINKOFANOTHERRIGHTNOW

Course this is me personally. I can't speak for the community. Just if it comes back leave my topics be.

PostPosted: May 2nd, 2011, 9:19 am 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Evalithia
Pro- The supposedly few people left here can post casually about things that don't need its own topic.
Pro- The "formal and professional" stigma of the topics in the forum can be lowered a bit.
Pro- 1337 city re-elections

PostPosted: May 2nd, 2011, 4:02 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Nightgunner5
Clan Name: Bits and Bytes
Pro- The sandbox is like a leech that eats all the pointless topics.
Pro- Whoever removed the sandbox is like a leech that eats all the sandbox topics.
Pro- No offense

Shane wrote:
Just be sure to let me know if they're male or female, sometimes it can be hard to tell :P

PostPosted: May 3rd, 2011, 2:37 pm 

RS Name: Silverwiz9
Clan Name: RsbandbStaff
I for one am enjoying the quick Pro/Con lists that have been generated so far. It helps to understand why you guys do or do not want the Sandbox to return, and it has shown that the opinions of just the Staff don't speak for the community as a whole in all respects.

We're still talking about this elsewhere, and have come a long way since the beginning, though official stances will have to be posted by Shane or Mike.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: May 3rd, 2011, 2:37 pm 

PostPosted: May 3rd, 2011, 7:36 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Nightgunner5
Pro- Old classics like Bl00nheading only make sense in the RSBandB sandbox.

Spoiler for Tons of images:

P.S. Warren told me to post this.

Shane wrote:
Just be sure to let me know if they're male or female, sometimes it can be hard to tell :P

PostPosted: May 3rd, 2011, 8:51 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

Ben wrote:

****, nostalgia o.o

PostPosted: May 3rd, 2011, 9:34 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Sky Jace
hummerwar921 wrote:
Ben wrote:

****, nostalgia o.o

...Oh my god you guys (**** you Warren) did you save all those or something? XD I didn't even know half of those existed wtf. But don't forget r00nheading too.

Spoiler for Lololol:

In all honesty though, just seeing the last few posts about Sandbox nostalgia has made me smile and laugh, something that hasn't happened when I read the forums in a long time. It was more of a hangout and chill place than anything, and in its absence I feel a bit of that relaxing feel has been missing from the forums. I think of the Sandbox as a sort of pub. Sure fights and brawls can happen occasionally, but that's where the community gathers and just hangs out and has fun talking about whatever they like. I can honestly say I haven't had as much fun on RSBANDB since the Sandbox was removed. And while yes forums are supposed to be about discussion, they're also supposed to be about community.

Dragon Member #90

PostPosted: May 5th, 2011, 7:12 pm 
Site Owner

RS Name: mike12088
The sandbox is back at the bottom of the forums. I suppose we could have hyped it up and made a fancy vote page (with the only option being yes) and then done a real poll after and then finally introduced it back, but this short post is our announcement.

It will be here on a trial basis and if we deem the activity to be heading in the wrong direction, it will be removed again. If any topics are created in the sandbox that has basis for a bit more in-depth discussion, the mod team will be moving those to the respective forum where they would belong.

I hope to see some interesting topics, and that the reduced enforcement of the spam rule doesn't lead to people abusing it.

This topic can still serve as a thread for suggestions or questions about the sandbox.

PostPosted: May 5th, 2011, 11:52 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Evalithia
Sweet, it's back! Thanks!

But why "The Sandbox" and not "Bits and Bytes Sandbox" like it was before?

PostPosted: May 6th, 2011, 11:37 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Skype Jay
RS Status: F2P
They are not the same. The Sandbox will never be the same as the Bits and Bytes Sandbox. We must rebuild..................................

PostPosted: May 13th, 2011, 1:10 am 
Cleverly Disguised Spammer

RS Name: Piratesock
Clan Name: The Mushroom Pirate Federation
I'm not seeing waves of people return to the site. Or activity on the rise. Funny that.

ANYWHO I'll stop being a sarcastic tosser and get to my point;

Can we merge the sandbox and forum games? Hardly need both do we? Hasn't been psoted in since the 7th so it must be a long term game going on.

PostPosted: May 13th, 2011, 2:18 am 
Site Owner

RS Name: shane12088
We discussed that when bringing the Sandbox back. The Sandbox topics can go off in strange directions. Forum games have a set format, rules to be followed, etc.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Forum Index » RSBandB » RuneScape Bits & Bytes Site » Sandbox Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3 [ 44 posts ]