Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Barrows
PostPosted: May 6th, 2010, 6:44 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Azek
RS Status: P2P
What Barrow set up do you use?
What Barrow set up do you suggest for me to use? (look at my sig for stats)
What Inv?

I just got a Guthans Skirt last night btw :) 940k mid, I am waiting till it hits 1M to sell.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: May 6th, 2010, 6:44 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

Post subject: Re: Barrows
PostPosted: May 7th, 2010, 4:07 am 
Runite Member

RS Name: Bellicosity
Clan Name: RageQuit
I typically use this setup, and I know its fairly common.

equipped: best physical defensive gear you can manage, slayer's staff or staff of light, ranged ammunition of your choice
inventory: shovel, dragon dagger p++, (cross)bow of your choice, black d'hide body, black d'hide chaps, death runes, mind runes, prayer potion (4), fill the rest with food, emergency 1 click tele, and whatever you need to get back to barrows after finishing your trip. house teletabs with altar and canifis portal is probably best.

as a tank, i can assure you karil and dharok are your two biggest threats. ahrim is a close third, verac is a minor threat, torag and guthan are a laugh.
1st: dharok. pray melee and autocast magic dart.
2nd: kharil. pray ranged and piety/chivalry/incrediblereflexes and burn all of your special attack with ddp++. finish off with ddp++ poking, or ranging.
3rd: guthan. autocast magic dart. pray melee if you still can to stop guthan from healing.
4th: torag. autocast magic dart
5th: verac. he hits through prayer and has a static 20% minimum hit chance. autocast magic dart, but be cautious. he is a threat
6th: ahrim. switch to dragonhide. burn your remaining special attack with ddp++, switch weapons and range. (remove any armor with negative m-def).

if dharok is your tunnel brother, go after ahrim first instead. do not use ddp++ spec as you have prayer and don't have to rush to conserve supplies. in the tunnel, when dharok spawns, autocast slayer dart for the kill. wait to prayer potion and pray melee till you've hit 300-ish damage on him, and stay at high hp.

if kharil is your tunnel brother, fight ahrim second instead using the default method, but pray mage and maybe piety/chivalry/incrediblereflexes. in the tunnel, burn your ddp++ special attacks, and continue poking the whole time. tank him and eat when necessary. potion and pray ranged if you really need to

if guthan is your tunnel brother, laugh and enjoy an easy tunnel. magic dart for the kill

if torag is your tunnel brother, laugh and enjoy an easy tunnel. magic dart for the kill

if verac is your tunnel brother, laugh and enjoy an easy tunnel, but still keep an eye on your health. magic dart for the kill.

if ahrim is your tunnel brother, run the tunnels wearing your black d'hide body. when he spawns, use the same strategy as when he is not the tunnel brother.

gl;hf;dd.

Joined~Sept 24, 2006_____Runite~Mon Jul 07, 2007 3:04 pm.
try not to rage quit

PostPosted: May 12th, 2010, 8:28 am 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Southrend
RS Status: Classic
What I actually can recommend is that black salamander weapon. I usually bring it with me when I used to do barrows. I used the salamander on all melee brothers. For karil I used my dds special and for Ahrim I used rune c'bow with broad-tipped bolts. My armor was Guthans. I had the Guthan spear in my inventory. In the end you'll be risking quite some gp when you use Guthans (my helmet and spear were never protected) but if you've done a lot of barrowing it should be worth the risk.

Proud RSB&B Member #570 since 12/27/04
Proud RSB&B Mod since 7/24/05

PostPosted: May 12th, 2010, 11:19 am 

RS Name: Silverwiz9
Clan Name: RsbandbStaff
Due to me being cheap, I use pretty much this set up, except I've since swapped out the Godsword with Saradomin, and the platebody for Bandos Platebody, and the legs with Dragon Legs. I'm cheap, and I teleport after every run. I could easily stay past that and do more, but again, I'm cheap. This saves food as well as prayer potions, though if I were going to do this more often I suppose a few runs per trip would be more suited to the time spent there.

PostPosted: May 15th, 2010, 11:04 pm 
Adamantite Member

RS Name: Tank Of H3ll
I Find this setup easiest to use.
Put a Kharyrll portal in your house and after ever trip teleport to your house and restore prayer, then use the portal.
Do Dharok first, and save your dds specs for Ahrim. If you have high enough defence (90+) you will only need to use prayer for Dharok and Ahrim.
Using this setup I usually only use 1 or 2 prayer doses, while using piety/turmoil on 5 of the brothers (no prayer in tunnel).
If you have a Saradomin Godsword use it for specials instead of a dds.