Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: How much would you pay to watch a cinema movie at home?
PostPosted: December 19th, 2012, 6:39 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Punisher1288
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: The Cookie Armada
Having a thought standing in line to view the Hobbit with scores of people dressed in middle earth costumes i ask myself how much would you pay to just stream this movie at home? First let me say i'm not a recluse and do enjoy going out more than the average person it's just 2012 why can't i at least have the option to stay at home with my date and lounge at home on my couch? I would happily pay $30 usd to stream a newly released cinema film at home, any day. You have to figure when i go out on a date to the movies it's easily $20 for both tickets and lets not forget the $20 in popcorn and drinks, and then there is the process of going out in public to view a technological process that could easily be accessible at home. So the questions is, how much would you pay to watch a new movie at home?

*Member #514*
*Rsbandb Donor*

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: December 19th, 2012, 6:39 pm 
Dragon Member

Post subject: Re: How much would you pay to watch a cinema movie at home?
PostPosted: December 19th, 2012, 7:54 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: VeggieEaterr
RS Status: Classic
This is a really interesting question because I feel like that's where film is headed. Everyone's TVs at home are getting bigger and better and eventually people are going to stop paying crazy amounts of money to see a movie at a crowded theater with overpriced food.

I work at a movie theater and I've talked to my boss about how eventually movie theaters are going to go out of business for the aforementioned reasons but he's persistent they will always be around. I mean yes, streaming a movie at home would be a lot cheaper and easier but after talking to him I've changed my mind. People like to go out to the movies. People enjoy getting out of the house and going somewhere with their friends, or with a date, or even by themselves.

However, I do think eventually you'll be able to stream movies at your house and it will cut into the movie theater business, but I do not think movie theaters will go out of business within my lifetime. I think it'll be most popular with kids movies because if a family with more than 2 kids want to see a movie it can cost around 70 dollars. About 10 dollars a ticket, plus popcorn and drinks. Sometimes I feel bad telling people their totals at work!

But back to your original question, I kind of went off on a tangent there. I personally wouldn't pay anything because I already see movies for free, but if I didn't work at a movie theater I probably wouldn't pay more than 10 dollars. Just because for 10 dollars you can see a movie at the theater, and yes you can split the costs with friends if you watch it at home, but if you're staying at home I wouldn't want to pay more than I would one movie ticket. Because at least at a movie theater you're seeing the film on a huge screen, with surround sound, and it's a much different experience than if you see it at home. Some movies were made to be seen on a huge screen (Like Lord of the Rings!!).

PostPosted: December 19th, 2012, 8:09 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Punisher1288
Clan Name: The Cookie Armada
Veggie Eater wrote:
This is a really interesting question because I feel like that's where film is headed. Everyone's TVs at home are getting bigger and better and eventually people are going to stop paying crazy amounts of money to see a movie at a crowded theater with overpriced food.

I work at a movie theater and I've talked to my boss about how eventually movie theaters are going to go out of business for the aforementioned reasons but he's persistent they will always be around. I mean yes, streaming a movie at home would be a lot cheaper and easier but after talking to him I've changed my mind. People like to go out to the movies. People enjoy getting out of the house and going somewhere with their friends, or with a date, or even by themselves.

However, I do think eventually you'll be able to stream movies at your house and it will cut into the movie theater business, but I do not think movie theaters will go out of business within my lifetime. I think it'll be most popular with kids movies because if a family with more than 2 kids want to see a movie it can cost around 70 dollars. About 10 dollars a ticket, plus popcorn and drinks. Sometimes I feel bad telling people their totals at work!

But back to your original question, I kind of went off on a tangent there. I personally wouldn't pay anything because I already see movies for free, but if I didn't work at a movie theater I probably wouldn't pay more than 10 dollars. Just because for 10 dollars you can see a movie at the theater, and yes you can split the costs with friends if you watch it at home, but if you're staying at home I wouldn't want to pay more than I would one movie ticket. Because at least at a movie theater you're seeing the film on a huge screen, with surround sound, and it's a much different experience than if you see it at home. Some movies were made to be seen on a huge screen (Like Lord of the Rings!!).

I agree with your remarks and would feel bad if i single handily started the movies at home revolution and cost you your job, it would deeply sadded me to a point but then i would pick myself up and go see another movie after the war between the movies at home tribes bravely fought the movie industry across every plain of grass in this nation all because of my dream of the Home cinema. Rest easy when the war broke out i would dispatch a rider to rechieve you from behind enemy lines of the movie industry to safe passage to movies at home tribes outpost

Realistically i think the movie theater is here to stay, it's still rather hip to go out dressed as spiderman to see the premier!

*Member #514*
*Rsbandb Donor*

PostPosted: December 19th, 2012, 9:03 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: VeggieEaterr
RS Status: Classic
Kyle wrote:

I agree with your remarks and would feel bad if i single handily started the movies at home revolution and cost you your job, it would deeply sadded me to a point but then i would pick myself up and go see another movie after the war between the movies at home tribes bravely fought the movie industry across every plain of grass in this nation all because of my dream of the Home cinema. Rest easy when the war broke out i would dispatch a rider to rechieve you from behind enemy lines of the movie industry to safe passage to movies at home tribes outpost

[color=#BF0000]

Hahah thank you :)

PostPosted: December 20th, 2012, 12:58 pm 
Site Owner

RS Name: mike12088
Clan Name: Bits and Bytes
The best part of a movie cinema is that no one can pause the movie, and everyone should be quiet. There are no interruptions or distractions ruining the experience of the movie.

PostPosted: December 20th, 2012, 1:23 pm 

RS Name: j1j2j3
nah. unless i had like full surround sound system with like a 100 inch LCD display with uber mega 4d glasses and vibrating chairs then i would considering paying to have movies streamed to my tv. until i become that rich and lonely, i'm content.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: December 20th, 2012, 1:23 pm 

PostPosted: December 20th, 2012, 2:12 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Evalithia
I can never get perfect theater-style popcorn at home.