Post subject: Why live music is amazing?
PostPosted: March 5th, 2011, 10:20 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Status: Old School (2007)
Why? It distinguishes REAL artist from generic artist. Problem is, artists from today aren't able to sign or to perform live. They've got tons of machines and sound editors. And they sound horrible live. I'm gonna show you a few videos of old bands performing live and at the end I want you to do either (well, if you wish, you'ren't forced to l0l) post another spectacular live performance from an old band OR to post a live performance from a today's band that you think is at least equal to ANY of the ones I posted. Understood?

First off, I want to point out that today's frontmen/woman aren't the same as before. They sign because they have to and enjoy the money they get.
I dare you to find a frontman at least equivalent to Freddie Mercury from Queen. He has such a great voice, it gives me chills all over the spine. May he rest in peace, he shall never be forgotten.
Or maybe Bruce ***** from Iron Maiden
That guy is amazing, he runs at least 2 miles during a song, he jumps all over the place, he's a freaking athlete. He still got a crazy voice even though he's like 50 today. Theses guys had 250 000 people at ONE concert in Brazil.

Find me a signer better than Steven Tyler. A signer that would deserves a title such as 'The Demon of Screamin'. I cannot find another signer that can nails such high notes today. Just take a look at how incredible his voice is. Clicky
There are almost no signer that sings the same as they do in studio. Steve Perry (ex Journey) does
****, you don't see that anymore today.

I cannot find any song from todays that can top Monsters of Heavy Metal: Metallica Lars Ulrich, the drummer is a true animal. Robert the bassist and Kirk the guitarist are beasts and James the signer is incredible, he scares at some times. Heck they play even faster than normal when they're live.

Find me a band that can tie Kiss

Lol yeah, I felt mostly the need to rant but I would like to see what you consider a good live performance. To see if old music is better than newer in that domain.
Go on. Post away.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: March 5th, 2011, 10:20 pm 
Dragon Member

Post subject: Re: Why live music is amazing?
PostPosted: March 7th, 2011, 5:28 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Pennstate315
RS Status: P2P

There Pretty Good Live (actual song starts around 1:30)

I do agree with you old music is a whole lot better than the stuff on the radio these days. That Metallica performance is insane.

P.S. your journey link video was taken down :(

Black Member 2-6-10

PostPosted: March 7th, 2011, 8:55 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Status: Old School (2007)
Wtf, Journey video works with me. I listen to it everyday xD.

PostPosted: March 8th, 2011, 3:45 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Pennstate315
Iron Maiden wrote:
Wtf, Journey video works with me. I listen to it everyday xD.

It says its blocked in my country for copyright :(

Black Member 2-6-10

PostPosted: March 9th, 2011, 9:21 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Skype Jay
RS Status: F2P
I like bands that sound terrible live and unlive anyways so... I'm only kidding but listen to this lol... I would assume most people would say the vocals are crap but I like it?? Anyways I choose that video since it's my fav song by them and the only other vid of the song that isn't like a recording of 3 songs as part x of one of their shows you can't even hear the vocals... but the activity of the audience reminded me of this where the audience is so boring like what the **** do they think it is... I think Propagandhi has pretty good energy considering there's none to feed off of from the crowd.

I looked in my favourites on youtube and this is the only live performance in it mostly because I know for most live performance vids I like I remember the user name of the person who uploaded or know how to find it in search if I want to see again so lol... But this is more important to me in a live performance than ability to perform... like no barrier between the audience... interaction and stuff ... plus he forgets part of the song, the chorus no less but it's all ok! And then he remembers it but still doesn't back up far enough and leaves out like 2 lines lmao.

The Metallica one you posted is from Rock am Ring (I think???) so I guess I'll post a Bad Religion one from Rock am Ring... dunno what to post for some reason after 2 seconds of looking for something I like the performance of Generator but I guess I could post the classic American Jesus (idk whats happening at the end lol)

Oh yeah I just remembered in Neighbourhood #2 by Arcade Fire how two of the guys like always start fighting in the middle of the song idk I think it's really funny in this one.

PostPosted: March 10th, 2011, 8:58 am 
Mithril Member

RS Name: newhero
iv seen many bands live some were really good some alot less
evanescence live sucks
tea party really good
u2 meh was ok
lady gaga pretty good
rammstein really good
oomph omg reallt good

but yeah most live band i think is better you get more into it

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: March 10th, 2011, 8:58 am 
Mithril Member

PostPosted: March 13th, 2011, 10:17 pm 
Bronze Member

RS Name: Krooked Uik
I love live music because of the atmosphere it generates and the fact that every single person around you loves the band as well.