Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
Please rate this news post
5 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
5 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
4 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
4 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
3 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
3 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
2 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
2 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
1 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
1 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
0 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
0 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes: 4
 Post subject: 13 March 2012 - Loyalty Additions and Lodestone Network
PostPosted: March 13th, 2012, 8:06 am 

RS Name: Silverwiz9
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: RsbandbStaff
Image wrote:
Loyalty Additions:

A fourth batch of loyalty auras, emotes, titles, recolours and outfits have arrived at Xuan’s store, ready for you to purchase with your Loyalty Points.

Highlights from the Spring/Summer collection include 20 new auras, two of which are brand new. ‘Invigorate’ recharges your special attack at a rate of an additional 20% at tier 1, and an additional 60% at tier 4. ‘Harmony’, meanwhile, is a variation on ‘Corruption’ and ‘Salvation’, with a neat twist of having Guthix-themed wings. For those who have scrimped and saved, we can offer tier 4 versions of all existing auras.

For those who like to skulk moodily in the shadows and scare their friends, we can offer cosmetic auras that make your eyes glow in a choice of 8 colours.

Without ruining the surprise, we can also announce the following additions: another 6 titles, including ‘the Undefeated’; 2 new costumes (a wee hint: if you howl at the moon or you like your ears pointy, you’ll appreciate them); 3 new recolours including options for the Ancient Staff; and 4 new emotes, including the ROFLcopter (you’ll need the ROFL emote to make this beauty work).

The eagle-eyed among you will also spot a permanent price reduction on many auras. If you’ve already purchased and upgraded auras at the old prices, don’t worry; we’ll be applying a Loyalty Point refund to your account within the next few days. There are a fair few accounts to go through, though, so please be patient.

Our current special offers-valid until the 31st of March-are a 50% discount on auras and items from the first Loyalty Programme batch, and 25% off auras and items from the second batch. If you’re owed any Loyalty Points in accordance with the price reduction, you’ll have them in plenty of time to take advantage of these offers!

If you are yet to sign up to the programme, please click here or visit the RuneScape homepage (select "Members Loyalty Programme" from the Account drop-down menu).

Lodestone Network (free and members):

Ancient lodestones have been uncovered at various locations around RuneScape. If you use your Home Teleport spell when you first log in, you will find that you can freely teleport to the following:
  • Lumbridge
  • Burthorpe (members only)
  • Ancient Magicks spellbook location (if you have completed Desert Treasure)
  • Lunar Magic spellbook location (if you have completed Lunar Diplomacy)
Find and activate more lodestones about RuneScape, and you will be able to unlock them as Home Teleport options. The locations are:

• Al Kharid
  • Ardougne (m)
  • Catherby (m)
  • Draynor Village
  • Edgeville
  • Falador
  • Port Sarim
  • Seers’ Village (m)
  • Taverley (m)
  • Varrock
  • Yanille (m)
Locations marked with an (m) are members only.

A Home Teleport to a lodestone has the same restrictions as the previous Home Teleport: it is comparatively slow to cast, can be interrupted by combat, and cannot be used beyond level 20 Wilderness. The Home Teleport spell can be accessed via any spellbook, allowing you to freely teleport to lodestones using the Ancient Magicks and Lunar spellbook.

Lodestones have been placed a small distance from town centres, to ensure that current teleport methods are still a more efficient (and much faster to cast) option in most situations. This has not stopped us from tweaking existing teleport items, however, to make their teleport locations more convenient. Changes to teleport items include:
  • Camulet/Cramulet – teleports outside Enakhra’s Temple, closer to the granite quarry
  • Combat bracelet – teleports slightly closer to the Warriors’ Guild and Champions’ Guild
  • Necklace of skills – teleports slightly closer to the Fishing Guild, Cooks’ Guild and Crafting Guild
  • Games necklace – teleports near to Captain Jute of the Troll Invasion
Finally, we've updated the appearance of many of the signposts that show the way around Gielinor, adding clearly visible logos to each and a visual style appropriate to their region.

Mod Raven and Mod Srowley
RuneScape Content Developers

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: March 13th, 2012, 8:06 am 

Post subject: Re: 13 March 2012 - Loyalty Additions and Lodestone Network
PostPosted: March 13th, 2012, 12:01 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Parselmouth
Clan Name: DGS
For the most part I don't care about the loyalty rewards as they are mostly cosmetic, but I like that they gave a hefty discount to most of the auras and I will definitely be upgrading my Greenfingers or Reverencec aura here soon.

I've already activated all my loadstones and they seem like a nice addition. Although they won't be gamebreaking for someone like myself who can use spellbook swap and cut house tabs to access pretty much any teleport, they make getting around less tedious which I think is a good thing. Plus, none of the places they added to the network are were hard to get to at all before the loadstones, and the regular teleports to these locations are still faster, in regards to time and convenience of location.

There are some other interesting things in the patch notes:

- They changed the animation for picking herbs from a patch, and as an avid farmer I have already checked this out. The new animation does look cool, as you now seem to pluck herbs out of the ground instead of just simply reaching in to the herbs, where you pull up from the ground doesn't match the location of the herbs in the patch as it did with the old animation.

-
Quote:
The polypore staff's accurate stance tooltip now reflects that the player will gain Defence XP if they have "Defensive casting" enabled on the Magic interface. It will also now switch to a Defensive stance when switching weapons if on the "Long-range" stance.

I submitted a bug report for this the first week the polypore staff came out, and finally they have gotten around to fixing it. As someone with 99 mage I always like to use defensive casting, and now when using the staff I don't have to constantly check if I am on defensive mode.

RSN: Parselmouth | Jaysawn on ********

PostPosted: March 13th, 2012, 12:57 pm 
Cleverly Disguised Spammer

RS Name: Piratesock
Clan Name: The Mushroom Pirate Federation
So no update this week then. Unless you count locking content away from your already paying customers an update.

PostPosted: March 13th, 2012, 7:14 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Estor
RS Status: Retired
Haven't seen this yet but the loadstones worry me. Seems like there's almost no point in laws now ---> Less point in RCing which is already a hated skill that nobody likes.

ImageImage

PostPosted: March 14th, 2012, 9:24 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Dothal Detra
RS Status: F2P
Clan Name: Irenic
Estor wrote:
no point in laws

You're starting to sound like firering :wink:

PostPosted: March 14th, 2012, 9:49 am 
Runite Member

RS Name: Scotland DIY
RS Status: Old School (2007)
No point in laws? Call me a baboon but I know that I'm still going to be using Falador tabs on farming runs, Varrock tabs everyday to get to ge, and house tabs for prayer recharge and such. It's not going to be that huge as a lot of other teleports are more convenient.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: March 14th, 2012, 9:49 am 
Runite Member

PostPosted: March 14th, 2012, 12:16 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Estor
RS Status: Retired
^ True the location for the lodestones are a bit weird so I might tele normally but I'm thinking I'll become a cheap-ass and just use the stones xD

ImageImage

PostPosted: March 14th, 2012, 4:25 pm 
Chat Moderator

RS Name: Pyrnassius
While i enjoy all the extras Jagex is giving us lately, such as the Wicked Hood and the Lodestone teles, i would love to see them as a quest item. The reason for playing the game is to do your tasks and quests to gain xp and other extras. By just giving it away, it feels Jagex is trying to buy our memberships. Why not have a quest to do to unlock each one? It wouldn't have to be a long one, just something that would take around 30 minutes, but it would feel so much more rewarding knowing that we have done something to earn these teleports. I would love to hear from anyone else's opinion on this. Are you happy for it to just be given to you, or would it be more satisfying to have earned it?

PostPosted: March 28th, 2012, 1:28 pm 
Adamantite Member

RS Name: Monstermas22
Clan Name: Skillah_Kings
These teles are great if you need to get there in a hurry when you're no where near a bank, or if there's a clue in that general direction, but I'm sticking to traditional teleports. If only the lodestones were in more convenient locations.. (Shilo, Lletya, etc)

3/5.

Dragon Left half drops: 14
Most Recent: 1/24/11 (Black Demon task; Kuradal)