Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
How do you rate this update?
5/5 29%  29%  [ 10 ]
5/5 29%  29%  [ 10 ]
4/5 12%  12%  [ 4 ]
4/5 12%  12%  [ 4 ]
3/5 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
3/5 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
2/5 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
2/5 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
1/5 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
1/5 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
Total votes: 34
 Post subject: 6 March 2006 - Behind the Scenes - March
PostPosted: March 6th, 2006, 11:17 am 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Southrend
RS Status: Classic
www.runescape.com wrote:
6 March 2006 - Behind the Scenes - March
March brings new perils to RuneScape with two updates to the Myreque storyline. The vampires of Morytania are once again hungry, and their lifeless eyes are transfixed on the village of Burgh De Rott. The locals are pale and restless and have little left to give, but what can be done against this vile oppressor? With many of the residents packing up and leaving, it won't take long until all the life has been sucked out of Morytania. Perhaps the Myreque have an answer and maybe, just maybe, you could help to bring some hope to those desperately in need.

The second of the Myreque updates is a journey-making minigame. With life becoming unbearable for the majority of the residents, many want to leave and seek out a better life on the other side of the Salve. Adventurers willing to accompany frightened villagers through the perilous Mort Myre swamps will be rewarded, but the challenge is great! Will you take the quick but dangerous path, or do you fancy the longer (but potentially less risky) scenic route? The choice is yours. Various rewards await those brave enough to try.

With the coming of spring, several new shoots of life can be seen in even the strangest of places. Fairies in Zanaris will have to watch out, for this month the Zygomite season starts. These clever beasts bury themselves beneath the surface, leaving only their mushroom-shaped scalps showing at the top, twitching in excitement. Unsuspecting fairies are soon lured in by this appetising sight and then WHAM... it's all over. Have a chat with your local slayer master for more information when it becomes available.

Fairies aren't the only things worried about what lurks underneath this month. Wyson, the Falador Park gardener, has heard strange rumblings and is worried that the special 'power-gro' formula he bought from the elemental magi has had unexpected side-effects on one of the locals. This monster isn't quite as tough as our more recent team-based multiway combat updates, but keen farmers might be interested in its drops.

As part of our continuing commitment to speed up travel in our ever-growing world, we bring you canoes. Using your woodcutting skill, you will be able to fashion various qualities of floating apparatus to sail (or just float badly) down the River Lum. This will make travel from Edgeville to Lumbridge considerably easier and far more picturesque.

Another random event will also be popping up and asking players to help a rather confused gravedigger. He can't quite seem to match up the right box to the right headstone. Can you help? New clothes and emotes will wait for those that can.

More readers' letters will also be answered this month. This time we will be talking to such dignitaries as the Makeover Mage, asking him (or her?) where her (or his?) magical powers come from and also King Vargas about his adventures in the Icelands. Keep those letters coming in - Postie Pete has been given a new lease of life, and will be delving far deeper than anyone has ever delved before! Eeeek!

Also this month, as those who have been counting will be aware, we will be releasing our hundredth quest - a sequel to our first ever quest, Cook's Assistant. We don't want to say too much about it, but it is one of the largest quests released so far in RuneScape's history, if not the largest, with a large percentage of our content development team having worked on it especially.

This quest has been written in such a way that almost every single member will be able to enjoy the beginning of the quest and its early benefits... but only the best of the best when it comes to quests will be able to fully enjoy all its rewards. And what rewards they are, with access to new areas, new weapons, new armours, a variety of new foods to cook and eat, new methods of getting around RuneScape, new cat types, a new agility course, and (of course) lots of experience in a variety of skills! Each part of the quest may be completed separately from the rest and each has its own rewards, allowing everybody to 'cash in' in one way or another.

As a final note, we will also be adding more mahogany and teak trees to the Kharazi Jungle and other remote areas of RuneScape. Good luck!

Proud RSB&B Member #570 since 12/27/04
Proud RSB&B Mod since 7/24/05

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: March 6th, 2006, 11:17 am 
Dragon Member

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 6th, 2006, 11:24 am 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Southrend
There are so many thing I'm looking forward to :shock:

First of all the 100th quest. I new it was going to be big. And I actually thought about a sequel of Monkey Madness. But a sequel of Cook's Assisent? I hope to find it out soon :D One thing for sure. The reward will be nice. New weapons, armour, food, travelling methods....

Secondly the updates in the west of RuneScape. More mystery from Morytania. I wonder what it would be.

And for the rest all the other things (like sailing).

A promising month.

Proud RSB&B Member #570 since 12/27/04
Proud RSB&B Mod since 7/24/05

Last edited by Southrend on March 6th, 2006, 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 6th, 2006, 11:24 am 
Cleverly Disguised Spammer

RS Name: Piratesock
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: The Mushroom Pirate Federation
Looks like a good month. o.0

I wont comment to much cause it is mostly quest and they could all turn out to be crap and terible like the last load.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 6th, 2006, 11:54 am 
Adamantite Member

RS Name: Jnr_knight
I only like this because the first ever quest I done on runescape classic will have the best ever update to hit rs2! Man I'm so excited w0000t :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 6th, 2006, 12:39 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Kangas Khan
Clan Name: MaSoRs
The Mention of vampires leads me to believe we shall be seeing, if not fighting the King of Vampires, Lord Drakan himself. 8) . Definately looking forward to it, I reckon holy symbols may be needed so I'm going to go get one asap. or, as soon as I can be bothered anyway.

Canoes? Something new to flatch or craft? Doesnt seem to be a thing that relies on woodcutting, with the exception to getting the logs. Although, travel from edgeville to lumbridge has always been easy, you just go a few paces north then BAM! Abyssal pkers get ya 8)

Looks good this month, but then again, every month looks good.

But.. the cats. That evil word has been mentioned yet again... :| CATS.

You can expect some not-so-constructive critism from me when that update is released. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 6th, 2006, 12:54 pm 

RS Name: Piratesock
Clan Name: The Mushroom Pirate Federation
The boats are going to make returning more interesting, that or no affect whatsoever.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: March 6th, 2006, 12:54 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 6th, 2006, 2:16 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: thief121212
Finally, a bit of touching upon the Mortanyia area, it's been a little dry for some time now. :|

More low level Slayer monsters? Disappointing how many lower ones they're releasing and nothing for the higher Slayers. :?

Irony how the 100th quest is a sequel to the first quest. I'm gonna like this. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 6th, 2006, 2:46 pm 
BANNED

As sequal to a cake-baking quest???

Maybe now you have to make a CHOCOLATE cake.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 6th, 2006, 3:06 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: atheism_rule
Clan Name: the 501st legion
sounds like a good month, but like anubis said... cats... ugh.
I'm looking forward to the 100th quest. It sounds really interesting. Maybe the cook wants you to serve the duke his feast?

For stagnation is despair:
Groping, guessing, yet progressing,
Lead us nobody knows where.

C .S. Lewis

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 6th, 2006, 3:12 pm 
Runite Member

Clan Name: TKI
Robbie wrote:
As sequal to a cake-baking quest???

Maybe now you have to make a CHOCOLATE cake.

O GOD NO THE HORROR

Looks like a good month. Like how they said that everyone will be able to start it, but only good people would be able to finish it. Rofl.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 6th, 2006, 3:48 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

Clan Name: MaSoRs
murdererdood wrote:
Looks like a good month. Like how they said that everyone will be able to start it, but only good people would be able to finish it. Rofl.

:o *gasps* good people? Wait, so experienced armor is green dragonhide right? and experienced is better than good? :o!! We're gonna have to cook tuna!

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 6th, 2006, 6:31 pm 
Dragon Member

Clan Name: Clanless
This looks like a good month. I am curious to see what this new quest, the longest one ever, is going to be like. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 7th, 2006, 1:14 am 
Runite Member

RS Name: xHoward9
murdererdood wrote:
Like how they said that everyone will be able to start it, but only good people would be able to finish it. Rofl.

no everyone can finish it but only the more experiences can make the most of the rewards, i think

SOTM:5 10 11 16
WINSIGS:72 86 93 95 99 101 102 119 129 170 187

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 7th, 2006, 8:04 am 
Mithril Member

looks like a sweet month, 100th quest is gonna be ace :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 7th, 2006, 8:08 am 
Rsbandb Donor