This week we're going to try something a little different. The SOTW is here to help people improve with their signature-making skills, but we don't usually offer much assistance, do we? This week we're going to throw you in the deep end - with water-wings.
The theme for this week is Horror
. In your entry you are not allowed to use a render or any kind of drawn/animated image. You may still use brushes, but we do not want to see any brushed backgrounds
. What we would like to see are stock photographs.
This requires you to think outside the square and probably do things differently to what you might normally do.
A little help to get the ball rolling...
- (In Photoshop) Using layer masks and adjustment layers will make your sig all the better.
- Use brushes where necessary, but don't overdo them.
- Try to implement blending modes and filters that make the sig more interesting and frightful.
- You can still get away with smudging!
- Feel free to use as many stock photos as you like.
- A little bit of everything in a sig can either make it look extremely good or extremely bad, so stick with what looks best.
You must include links to the stock photos you used in your entry. If you forget to include them, PM a SOTW Judge
as soon as possible and they will be added to your post. If they've not been PMed to a judge by the end of the week, your entry will be disqualified.
This week is going to be judged not only on the appearance of your sig, but the effort you've put into making it. Don't worry if you're not the best signature maker in the world, we'd just love to see a wide variety of entries from as many people as possible.
Also, this is a one-off week
. It requires the judges to do a little more work in judging, and I'll make sure of that.
Thanks to Brandt for virtually everything to do with the theme.
If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or another SOTW Judge
Now, go out there and make us some horrific signatures!
Good luck and have fun.