Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: March 15th, 2007, 8:29 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Status: P2P
Jesta88 wrote:
lol i turn in 3334 squirk juices it will take 2-3hours to exchange em in. 10 mil with tiem to spare. im up to 953 atm

That would take you approximately 37 hours with no failing, excluding time to grind and bank. That is not fair for us. Let's see what Creepy thinks.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: March 15th, 2007, 8:29 pm 
Dragon Member

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 16th, 2007, 1:39 pm 
i feel that gettin squirks is like gettin supplies for any other skill prior to competition, but if it will make every thing even on the playing field i will drop out of this comp to keep with fairness.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 16th, 2007, 2:05 pm 
Dragon Member

You have a valid point, however Thieving isn't one of the skills were you stockpile supplies (except food). I'd still be amazed to see 10m exp in one day since I just passed 10.2m last night myself :|

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 16th, 2007, 4:09 pm 
well the way im running i wont get all the juices i need till the 14th of april at 4 inventorys a day. and i think i will try for all 9.8mil in one day (im less then 10mil to 99 thieving and will prob be to burnt to try for the last 5 inventorys lol)

i have officialy dropped out of this comp, good luck to the remaining competitors.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 16th, 2007, 4:31 pm 
Dragon Member

I'm sorry if we pressured you to leave. I could have done with some competiton 8D.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 16th, 2007, 4:33 pm 
Cleverly Disguised Spammer

RS Name: Piratesock
Clan Name: The Mushroom Pirate Federation
There's nothing wrong with stocking up on supplys. You didn't know what the skill this month was going to be and we can't expect people to not use items they have banked.

It's perfectly fair for you to use those items and gain the exp. So you can remain in the competition if you wish, it's down to you.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: March 16th, 2007, 4:33 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 16th, 2007, 5:39 pm 
BANNED

RS Status: Classic
CreepyPirate wrote:
There's nothing wrong with stocking up on supplys. You didn't know what the skill this month was going to be and we can't expect people to not use items they have banked.

It's perfectly fair for you to use those items and gain the exp. So you can remain in the competition if you wish, it's down to you.

I don't really see how that is fair. I mean, would getting a 10k Agility Tickets before the competition and using as soon as it starts for 3m exp be fair?

And I'm not saying this because I want to win, because Waffles is clearly owning. I'm just trying to understand your logic in that decision.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 16th, 2007, 5:52 pm 
Site Owner

RS Name: shane12088
As Creepy said it doesn't really matter how you get the XP as long as you don't hack. Basically if you have stocked items that's perfectly fair, whether it be agility tickets, herbs, seeds, logs, or squirk juice.

And also no one else knew what the skill would be. I stand by this decision.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 16th, 2007, 6:04 pm 
Dragon Member

Aren't you supposed to do the work during the month?

For skills like smithing, crafting, cooking, firemaking, construction it seems to be fairly legitimate since you still have to do work during the month. No one may know what the skill would be, but an opportunity pass by, we take it.

However for Thieving, Agility, Combat this isn't fair.

Since you could have masses of juice/tickets or 250 points and get a really easy win since you didn't even gather any of the tickets/juice during the month..

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 16th, 2007, 6:17 pm 

RS Name: Piratesock
Clan Name: The Mushroom Pirate Federation
Agent Waffles wrote:
Aren't you supposed to do the work during the month?

For skills like smithing, crafting, cooking, firemaking, construction it seems to be fairly legitimate since you still have to do work during the month. No one may know what the skill would be, but an opportunity pass by, we take it.

However for Thieving, Agility, Combat this isn't fair.

Since you could have masses of juice/tickets or 250 points and get a really easy win since you didn't even gather any of the tickets/juice during the month..

You seem to be missing the point. The only people that know what skill is going to be used are myself and Fred.

I never enter the competition and I'm retired anyway and Fred is a robot. It is impossible for anyone to know what skill is going to be used so it's impossible for anyone to prepare for it.

Unless you count the week we have for sign ups, in which case I'd say it was smart to gather up resources and prepare for it during that time.

Even if we was to ban it there would be no way of stopping people from doing it, we'd have no way of proving it.

At the end of the day, everyone can stack up on materials, it's not an unfair advantage cause you could do it as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 16th, 2007, 6:21 pm 
Dragon Member

You are right, as always. I just find it immoral, let's see what Jesta says.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 25th, 2007, 10:28 pm 
i have taken to heart both sides of this and, since i had started to gather squirk juices on march 3rd or so. i will sit this one out, when i thought i was being clever i was just tryin to win in a atmosphere of "cheating" becuase i knew the comp had not started but i could gain easy exp before the 12th.

Plus i wont have the 10mil exp till april lol so u wont see me get to much exp. Rolling Eyes

Although i do have plenty of agile tickets saved up and if another skill comes up where this is an issue i will not hesitate to enter, and hope you guys remember to stock up prior as well.

GOOD LUCK GUYS

EDIT
well i have just passed the mark for the record. the current one is 6.2mil exp in one day and i have currently 6.3mil in stock. 2111 sqirks i need 1148 more for 99 thieving. :D i should have enough by the 31st. ill post my begin exp and then my end exp with the time it took to get 8)

Please don't double post. ~Southrend

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 26th, 2007, 6:35 am 
Adamantite Member

RS Name: Frankie042
Gratz Guys :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 30th, 2007, 8:29 am 

hey guys thnx for the comp, got me to 99 well will in aobut 3 hours. took 40mins to get 9mil today with sqirks :D :D :D

gratz to the winner of this, tink it was hayaemsay right?