Post subject: ~Mage Arena Guide/Walkthrough~
PostPosted: February 2nd, 2005, 4:48 pm 
Black Member

RS Name: noxhawk597
RS Status: P2P
This is a quick, how-to guide to the mage arena (I just did the arena battles, so I figured I should do it now while the memory is still fresh)--corrections will be much appreciated.

First, the easiest way to the mage arena is to use the wilderness pull lever in Ardougne (this can be found west across the bridge, behind the castle, just north of the gate to West Ardougne. It is in a little house, on the wall). Please note, you will need a weapon with a slash attack (there is a web on the other side that you will need to slash), and this will teleport you into lvl 50 or so wilderness. You do not need to bring any runes, or anything but the slashing weapon, as there is a banker under the arena. The entrance to the arena is north west of the teleport point, and is protected by two webs (you will need the slashing weapon to get in). Go through the webs, and down the ladder to reach a safe haven (there is a banker, a rune seller, and the head arena wizard down there, and it is no longer a wilderness zone).

Here is where you want to prepare for the battle; you will need enough runes to kill five forms of the wizard (I used 60 Blood runes, and 300 air runes with lvl 63 magic, but it was barely enough), you cannot use any kind of weapon or armor (this means no staves, I believe, but you can use robes), you will want the prayer "Protect from Magic" (he hits upwords of 20's on many of his attacks), several prayer potions, and good food (Lobsters and up). Please note, it is still wilderness inside the arena, so watch out for pkers. When you are ready to begin, talk to the head arena wizard, and he will test you (by fighting you).

The battle itself shouldn't be too hard, if you have protect from magic and a couple prayer pots, and enough runes. His first form is himself (I hit him for 3 damage, and he died). Once you have killed that, he turns into a large ogre (no lvl beside his name). Throughout all of his forms, he switchs between the three god magic attacks, so start your protect from mage here. Once you have killed him as an ogre, he morphs into a large, black/blue spider. This form still only uses magic, so watch your prayer points, and keep maging him down. The fourth form is a very tall, translucent ghost; it is a little harder to kill than the orge or the spider, but not too difficult. At this point, you may be low on your prayer, so drink some of your potion. The fifth and final form is a large black demon, level 112. He is difficult to hit (I thought I was going to run out of runes before I finished him, and while you can still try to melee him, it will not be very effective), and will take some time to kill. Be sure you don't run out of prayer, as he hits a lot more often than the other forms, and the damage is, on average, a lot higher. Once you have beaten the demon, the wizard teleports you back into the underground "safe" area.

To get your cape and god staff, talk to the wizard again, and he will tell you to step into the well. On the other side, there is a man who will sell you staves of any of the gods for 80k each. Speak with him, then walk into the ajoining room. There are three statues there, just click on the statue of the god you follow, and the god cape will appear on the ground before you. Pick it up, then talk to the chamber guardian again to recieve the staff that corresponds with your diety.

Now that you have your staff, you will need to practice with it; talk to the head wizard again, then walk up the ladder and into the arena again, with runes, and full prayer. You will need to use the spell of your god 100 times (thx, Zachery and Nicong) before you can use the spell on other players or denizens of Runescape.

I hope this guide helps you, and I wish you good luck with the pkers :)

Things I need for the guide: The wizard's name
The number of runes other people used
Any other notes/words of wisdom

Please give me feedback, and I will put your name in the credits. Thx 8)

Credits:

Main Writer: Noxhawk597

Helpful Notes/Corrections:
Zachary
Nicong

current goal: get a Abyssal Whip........selling dragon bones to do it, lol (i sell for 3k each, if anyone is interested)

Last edited by noxhawk597 on February 2nd, 2005, 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: February 2nd, 2005, 4:48 pm 
Black Member

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 2nd, 2005, 8:44 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: meatwad3
RS Status: Classic
I did the quest at 60 mage and it was easy as pie. You need to cast your god staff 100 times inside the mage arena and i used about 50 death runes using fire blast! :D

I love Taco's!!!Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 2nd, 2005, 9:18 pm 
Adamantite Member

RS Name: nicong
60 death runes
100 strikes in arena before u can use the staff outside.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 2nd, 2005, 9:31 pm 
Dragon Member

Location: I can be found in seers village when the moon is waning and the llamas are in full bloom.
RS Name: Pika69
Take a lot af deaths...more then 50 for sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 2nd, 2005, 11:05 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Giantbug123
Nice guide! :D It's pretty much all corrected, so I don't have much more to add. :wink: nice work.

219 Quest Points | 96 Combat | 1501 Total Level | Bits and Bytes Forum Member #392

RuneScape RSS Feed | Projects | http://beyondboredom.net/

Image Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 3rd, 2005, 10:38 am 
Adamantite Member

RS Name: Sith Lord76
the name of the mage is "Kolodion"

i used 25 deaths and 70 chaos (both fires atts) (cos i run outta deaths) and 5 doses of prayer pots at lvl 37. o and when ur fighting kolodion, the mage arena is not wildy, but when ur chargin it it is. i got a zammy staff btw, the best 1 lol :wink:

"Rsbandb, not your normal poptart"

|Next Goal:65/70 Woodcutting!!!Only another 4177 Willows to go!!!|

|Click Here to Trade 2 of your Chaos for 1 of my Natures!!|

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: February 3rd, 2005, 10:38 am 
Adamantite Member

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 3rd, 2005, 9:17 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Giantbug123
sith lord76 wrote:
the name of the mage is "Kolodion"

i used 25 deaths and 70 chaos (both fires atts) (cos i run outta deaths) and 5 doses of prayer pots at lvl 37. o and when ur fighting kolodion, the mage arena is not wildy, but when ur chargin it it is. i got a zammy staff btw, the best 1 lol :wink:

Yes, it is the Wilderness while fighting Kolodian. Someone actually attacked me while they were fighting Kolodian and I was charging the staff; this proves that it's the Wilderness for them, since they can attack me.

219 Quest Points | 96 Combat | 1501 Total Level | Bits and Bytes Forum Member #392

RuneScape RSS Feed | Projects | http://beyondboredom.net/

Image Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 6th, 2005, 7:37 am 
Adamantite Member

RS Name: Sith Lord76
its wildy when u r chargin the staff, but the skulls in the bottom left rite hand corner dissapear when u fite kolodion. ne its non multi, so how can he hav att u when u were fitein kolodion?

"Rsbandb, not your normal poptart"

|Next Goal:65/70 Woodcutting!!!Only another 4177 Willows to go!!!|

|Click Here to Trade 2 of your Chaos for 1 of my Natures!!|

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 1st, 2005, 6:15 pm 
Mithril Member

Do I need 80k to buy a staff or do I get one free?

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 1st, 2005, 6:16 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Stanley1943
RS Status: F2P
Hellraz0r wrote:
Do I need 80k to buy a staff or do I get one free?

You need to buy one for 80k, and you can only have one at a time.
BTW. Nice guide..

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 1st, 2005, 6:41 pm 
Mithril Member

What.... so I have to fight all those monsters and then have 80k D:!?

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 1st, 2005, 6:44 pm 
nice guide :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 1st, 2005, 6:47 pm 
Hellraz0r wrote:

well... the first time u do mage arena.. u get a free god-staff/cape of ur choice.. if u wanna get another one u gotta pay.. or if u plain old lose it u gotta pay :roll: :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 1st, 2005, 7:02 pm 
Mithril Member

runesblade35 wrote:
Hellraz0r wrote:

well... the first time u do mage arena.. u get a free god-staff/cape of ur choice.. if u wanna get another one u gotta pay.. or if u plain old lose it u gotta pay :roll: :shock:

Thats what I wanted to hear.

Thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 1st, 2005, 7:12 pm 
Mithril Member

it was easy for me at 60 mage. i used 79 deaths usin fire blast. Prayer pots help to keep ur protect mnage up during the fights.

http://www.darkdemolition.info