Post subject: Guide to Fight Pit
PostPosted: November 21st, 2005, 3:52 pm 
Adamantite Member

RS Name: Gotekn
RS Status: F2P
Clan Name: TKC, The Kindred Clan
I think that you should be at least combat lvl 80+ before you go or else you will have a very slim chance of living to the end and winning.

List of items to bring while you are there:
Super sets (optional if you can afford)
Armour
Best weapon
30 gp or a charged glory ammy.
Food (if you bring i would advise to bring lobsters, swordfish, or sharks) also not nessasary.

If you start out on the mainland, then go to port sarim or the port at ardougne. Pay 30gp to get on the boat and travel to Karamja then go to the east (Sarim people) , or west (ardougne people). If you used the glory ammy to teleport there then got the the east and go to the volcanoe. Climb down the rope on the east side of the volcanoe, then once you are down look east and you should see a cave entrance next to the gold mine, go in. Once you are in, go west and stay on the north edge while going west. Once you find a bank, bank if you need to, then continue going west up the little pathway until you see a lava vent at the dead end, go in. Then just wait until the game starts.

Types of people there:

Ranger:

usualy bring magic short bow, best range armour, steel arrows or lower, and ranger pot. You can also use karils if you have that and dont forget to bring bolt racks if you do use karils.

Mager:

Use ancient magic if you have done desert treasure, use mystic/ahrims/splitbark, runes(of course) and ancient staff/staff of choice...Oh yeah bring mage pot if needed to cast some spells.(If you are using ancients you chould use ice attacks so you can stop a large amount of people and you get the advantage of battle).

Melee:

Bring best armour(rune, barrows, dragon) also best weapon. If you have barrows sets use that weapon, but if you don't use dragon scimitar or abbysal whip if you have them if not use best weapon, but don't use dragon battle axe...too slow for attacking. Pots are a must!!!!!! Super sets if you can afford them...I just use A strength pot or two each few games.

All types:
You should bring the best food you can get or fish. You shouldn't bring food if you are trying to save up for something, or just dont want to bring some(you will have a very very low chance of wining without a team if you arent in the lvl 110s or you dont have ancient if you don't bring food). If you should bring food lobsters, swordfish, or sharks are the best, but any kind will work it just depends on your level.

These are what I'm wearing in it.

Don't hide...you'll be called a noob and you will be hated by all. Just remember try your hardest and no matter if you win or lose try try try again...you'll win eventually. Also try to get a good group of friends or make a team there and don't backstab!!!!

Anyway hope this guide helps...And pics are in, hope you enjoy them and have fun and good luck! 8)

a recent study showed that 92% percent of all teenagers converted to emo/puck etc. put this in ur profile if ur one of the 8% who stayed gangsterr
I post in cyan cause I'm good like that.

Last edited by Gotekn on May 15th, 2006, 2:17 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: November 21st, 2005, 3:52 pm 
Adamantite Member

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 29th, 2005, 6:57 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Status: Classic
Great guide,but doesnt have picture and isnt so detailed.Most of it just explains how to be prepared

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 4th, 2005, 10:17 am 
Adamantite Member

I agree, I can't find out how to put pictures on without having a link to another page. I might as well just put up the thumbnail pics, it will help a little bit than no pictures.

a recent study showed that 92% percent of all teenagers converted to emo/puck etc. put this in ur profile if ur one of the 8% who stayed gangsterr

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 4th, 2005, 10:59 am 
Mithril Member

RS Name: murdockoo
like a wise old man would say...

thatsa nica guide :wink:

proud owner of my crappy dharok -.-

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 4th, 2005, 1:41 pm 
Adamantite Member

Thank you very much, I appreciate all the complements.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 9th, 2005, 6:38 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Ult_Spash
it needs pictures
real nice though

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: December 9th, 2005, 6:38 pm 
Dragon Member

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 9th, 2005, 10:33 pm 

RS Name: j1j2j3
RS Status: P2P
hey just post the links here or send the links to me and i can make the pictures for me.

and i don't think you really need to say that you need to take 30gp. i think in general when somebody talks about going to karmaja they know they need the money. unless they are new in which case they shouldn't be there in the first place

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 10th, 2005, 1:33 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: A I C S
lol now i know where it is :\ anyway, thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 12th, 2005, 3:38 pm 
Adamantite Member

Lol, just in general thought it might be a good way for some lower level people to get a look at it. Also I've met a lvl 90 (100 now) that had never been to karamanjara before. So I just want to include that incase someone has heard, but has never been there. Thank you all for your replys and I have the pictures in(Thank you anyway trekkie for offering to help). We'll all in all I hope this guide has helped some person learn to play the fight pit. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 12th, 2005, 4:39 pm 

RS Name: j1j2j3
you should take another picture of the entrance. with the friendlist it makes it look bad

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 13th, 2005, 1:31 pm 
Adamantite Member

...I would, but just to lazy right now and im not supposed to be on runescape, supposed to be studying for exams. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 14th, 2005, 10:54 am 
Mithril Member

RS Name: generaal21
Very usefull guild! Good job! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 14th, 2005, 1:07 pm 
Runite Member

Clan Name: ddd
Honestly, I don't think this is much of a guide. Unless I'm totally reading it wrong, it doesn't even tell you what the fight pits are.

Really, all you've done is posted what armour to wear, and I'd suspect that people already know what the best armour of their class would be.

You also posted something along the lines of 'don't hide', while ignoring the fact that it's a strategy.

A true guide should at least include a small summary of what the place is, various strategies (not just different classes you can be), and a more formal style of writing.

You, at one point said something like 'and oh, ya'. The guide, itself, would read a lot better if it didn't sound as if you were thinking of this as you were writing.

Quote:
Use ancient magic if you have done desert treasure, use mystic/ahrims/splitbark, runes(of course) and ancient staff/staff of choice...Oh yeah bring mage pot if needed to cast some spells.

Try going back and re-writing it so it sounds like you thought it out in advance or something.

You also put some first-person references in the guide, and while that may personalize the guide, it doesn't fit well.

Quote:
I don't use food because I'm saving it up for other things...

The purpose of a guide is to explain something, and I don't think the above line really explains anything other than that you may be broke.

If you wanted to say something like that (which I don't know why you would), try saying

"If you're saving up for other things, you may choose not to use food, but don't expect to live long"

Or

"Food is not required, so if you're saving up for other things, there's no need to waste money on it."

Also, you have no images of the inside of the fight pits, and no map of the fight pits (which would be something extremely useful in a guide of the fight pits).

Probably should work on the guide a bit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 15th, 2005, 1:08 pm 
Adamantite Member

Well, like I said it is my first guide, and I don't plan to change it anytime soon, unless it really needs to be changed, like a rule is changed in order to fight. Thank you for your advice and I'll use it if i make another guide.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 13th, 2006, 4:39 am 
Steel Member

yousay don't bs but eventually you'll have to fight your friends in the fightpits . i i would rate yourguide i give it a 4/10 you just say how you need to be prepared tell something about fighting in the fightpits themsels